Heavy Heart

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
teepo
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Heavy Heart

Post by teepo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Hey Everyone,

As some of you may know, I have had a number of health issues over the past several years. I was trying to come back to the game but in January of 2016 my life changed forever. I had an aneurysm caused by an AVM that was in my head since birth. We didn't know it was there, I was misdiagnosed as having migraines. I had a 1% chance of surviving the aneurysm but I did and here I am. The cost of my survival caused a lot of other issues though. It's no secret I was already slow in some areas and it was due to the AVM stunting my mental growth, but since the AVM's removal via open brain surgery there have been a larger number of issues I have mentally. Part of these issues involve problem solving, remembering information, and a number of other things I won't bore everyone with. Along with mental problems, I have physical issues caused by the surgery. I was partially paralyzed on my right side. I can use most of it but walking and typing can be difficult.

So on to why I'm typing this. Last night I had a seizure while playing. My character died during the seizure and I had the harsh realization that I'm not going to be able to play like I once did. I can't experience the game like everyone else and I'll always need "special attention" because of my limitations. It's humbling, it's embarrassing, and I don't want to be that burden in a game where the players and Immortals/staff are supposed to be having fun. So with this lesson I think it best that I leave the game and accept my limitations.

I want to thank everyone who made this game what it was. There's so many of you who I don't even know which ones you are, which Immortals you play, which areas you've built, but I want to say thank you so much for making this game what it was. It was a life saver for me as a teenager. Thank you so much for what you do.

Take care everyone,

Teepo
------------------------------------------------
"Try to be a Rainbow in someone's cloud." ~ Maya Angelou

Harroghty
Staff
Staff

Re: Heavy Heart

Post by Harroghty » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm

We're glad to have you, and wish you the best. You're not a burden.
"A man may die yet still endure if his work enters the greater work, for time is carried upon a current of forgotten deeds, and events of great moment are but the culmination of a single carefully placed thought." - Chime of Eons