Casual Events!

A place to announce forthcoming events and roleplays, organised by imms or players.
Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Contests of Might II

Post by Skylar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:20 am

Dame Skylar Tranyth will be hosting the second instance of what she has dubbed the Contests of Might. These will be a little competitive, but not overly so. The goal is a celebration of athleticism, physical aptitude, and individual skill, all in Lord Lathander's name. In short, this will be a casual setting where people may come to watch or participate in sparring matches. Anyone is welcome who is not an enemy of the Church of Lord Lathander- if you are not certain whether that includes you please reach out to Dame Skylar to tell you, or err on the side of caution.

Come one come all to the Fields of Justice for a bit of sport. Bring a host of different weapons that you favour, but expect some mundane weapons to be made available to pair opponents with like weapons of like quality.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... p1=80&ah=2

OOC: This will be a simple bit of people enjoying one another's company and playing at Fight Club. I'd like it to be a chance for new players to see and interact with how sparring is best done, and for veteran players to unwind a bit with a safe place to engage in a bit of friendly PVP. A healer or two would be appreciated!
"Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful, but that's life."
~Kara Zor-El

Elisabeth
Sword Apprentice
Sword Apprentice

Le Pas des Morts Justes

Post by Elisabeth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:12 pm

By word of mouth, news spreads among the north's men-at-arms, from the humblest of esquires to the loftiest of knights, from the righteous paladin to the wicked blackguard...
Leading up to the day of the announced joust, upon the Blackford Road,
a day's ride east from the gates of the great City of Sails, a lone
knight is to be found. Tall ahorse and bearing lance and shield, a-
dorned in the heraldry of Justice, she is said to wait and watch over
the safe passage of merchant and wanderer alike. Yet to any who would
pass, upon noble steed and displaying the marks of station and skill
at arms, formal challenge is issued in the custom of the ancients, for
the joy and honor of combat, in the memory of the Just Fallen.

Come ye all who would celebrate, by test of arms, the sacrifices of our
mothers and fathers, and their mothers and fathers before them, given
in the cause of Justice. Come ye all who would think yourselves above
the might of our Just God. Come ye all, and know that ye come to break
lance for honor, or cast your spurs upon the earth for shame. Who ap-
proaches lacking the requisite tools of combat will be provided for,
and none, on this knight's word, will be taken for ransom or otherwise
offended for honorable battle lost or yielded. Choice of secondary
weaponry provided is to be left to each defendant.
OOC: A good old-fashioned pas d'armes, "passage of arms." Elisabeth will be there on and off from the afternoon until the beginning of the joust in the evening for anyone interested in this sort of roleplay.
Be advised that your PC need not be a knight or even a squire to participate, but be advised also that anyone passing and appearing skilled in battle during that time will more than likely be challenged. I tried to set this in a place as both accessible and out-of-the-way as possible so as not to be bully-ish while not forcing people to ride halfway across the world for a spar. If you're uncomfortable being challenged to fight, there ought to be plenty of ways to avoid the room she'll be in and still get to where you need to go. Even so, don't feel like you need to be super sneaky or rushy or anything; I'm more than happy to play blind for you guys.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.

Althasizor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Casual Events!

Post by Althasizor » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:46 am

Althasizor wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:45 pm
GAMESGAMESGAMESGAMESGAMES wrote: Honestly, adventuring - as fun as it is - can be just so stressful!
How about getting together just to hang out and play some meaningless games? At the Dripping Dagger in Waterdeep, so it's convenient.
I don't mean the gambling kind, so the tightest of arses out there can rest easy and come on out anyway.

Seeya there! O̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶
Super casual get-together type-a-doo: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... T17&p1=137
Sorry for the delay, playas! https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... T17&p1=137
What are you talking about? What, that guy?
That was like that when I got here.

Skylar
Sword Journeyman
Sword Journeyman

Re: Casual Events!

Post by Skylar » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:12 pm

An impromptu gathering of Lathanderites is in the Spires of the Morning. More Lathanderites are always welcome, as are those who are friends/allies/loved ones.
"Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful, but that's life."
~Kara Zor-El