The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Manor

To post role-play stories, logs from the game, and in character news of note.

Will you attend a run of a second Raventhirst Case File?

Yes, only if it's good/neutral-friendly.
1
10%
Yes, I will find a character suitable for attending.
9
90%
Yes, only if OOC runs are possible so I can experience it without IC consequences.
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 10

The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Manor

Postby Levine » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am

Thank you all once more for all the IC and OOC support. The signs for advertising were getting incessant and old, so I figured I might as well kill it while it was still somewhat tolerable. I had a lot of fun hosting the runs, and every group had their own distinct style and flavour. I tweaked the script along the way, and after every run, and covered loopholes that I had to cover.

I have included in this post a poll to estimate interest for a second run. Everyone right after the run usually does the compliments thing, which I appreciate, but I figured anonymous voting would be better. I haven't included "No"s to the poll because if I had 10 players interested, for example, I would still run it.

Behold, the four logs:

Run #1: Cabadath, Nisaiya, Saevitia, Zia (Bunny)
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=22795&p=147858#p147851

Run #2: Alessandra, Amira (and her baby), Celric
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=22795&p=147858#p147853

Run #3: Ichi, Ithrael, Yasu
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=22795&p=147858#p147855

Run #4: Myn, Raelikh, Varaqin
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=22795&p=147858#p147857
Last edited by Levine on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:06 am

Run #1: Cabadath, Nisaiya, Saevitia, Zia (Bunny)

Part 1 of 2:

You open the purple door.
> w
The Purple Haze Tavern
E-A courtyard W-Teshwave Street U-Door D-Hatch
This large circular room sits at the base of the large tower. This, the largest
floor, sits at about eighty feet in diameter. From the tables scattered around
the room, the ample bar that traces the gentle curve of the southern wall, and
the fragrant smells of cooked food, it is easy to discern that this area is the
main dining room of 'The Haze'. Windows dot around the outside of the tower and
are set with purple curtains. Also providing light into this tavern are wrought
iron holders containing dancing globes of faerie fire. Starting at the northern
most part of the dining room, and curving in above the tables is a stylish metal
stairway that ends at an ornate hatch, with runes carved into it. The doors to
the west obviously lead back out into Zhentil Keep, from the bustling noise.
And finally, there also is a door to the east which leads into a grand courtyard.
A wooden table is here. (perfect)
A huge, circular table of black wood is here. (very good)
Dasiana the fire-haired serving wench is here.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human sits here.
Cabadath is here sitting on a huge, circular table of black wood.
A ghostly watchdog gallops in from the east.
The animated corpse of an evil twin flies in from the east.
Dasiana shows you a sweet smile as she navigates the room, tankards in hand.
Dasiana says to you 'Good day. Sit where it please you.'
Dasiana says to you 'Lady Myn Cimril's welcome to The Purple Haze.'
You close the purple door.

Cabadath nods at you.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human furrows her brow at The animated corpse of an evil twin. She then decides that she needs to pick up her feet and now sit on top of the table rather than in a chair.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at you.
Levine sniffs lightly, gaze pausing on A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, narrowing a little as though in question, and then going to Cabadath. She returns the nod with a polite inclination of her head. 'Ah, you made it.'.
Cabadath says 'Oh. ou brought that again.'
Cabadath says 'Lovely.'
Cabadath nods at you, rolling a fingertip at Dasiana, 'I did manage.'.
Cabadath buys a bottle of frost wine.
Levine glances to The animated corpse of an evil twin, hand moving to tug on her arm to bring her closer. 'Nervous?'.
Saevitia runs in from the west.
Nisaiya flies in from the west.
Saevitia closes the purple door.
Cabadath offers a bottle to you, 'MAy i offer this to the hostess?'.
Saevitia presses her back to the door as she steps in alongside Nisaiya.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human shifts her attention away from The animated corpse of an evil twin to you. She furrows her brow and scrutinizes something. However, she's distracted by the barking.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Saevitia.
Nisaiya takes a look around the room at those gathered, she offers a short wave, 'Good day to everyone'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Nisaiya.
Levine dips her chin as she moves forward to receive the bottle with both her hands. 'Ah, I accept. Thank you, deeply.' She seems pleasant today.

Cabadath gives you a bottle of frost wine.
Cabadath smiles at you, handing the bottle over.
Levine inclines her head gently to Nisaiya. 'Ah, will you be attending as well?' She pockets the wine.
You put a bottle of frost wine in a soft nubuck satchel decorated with caput mortuum cabachons.
Nisaiya smiles at you, 'I just heard of it, but I hope I am welcome?'.
Cabadath nods at Saevitia and Nisaiya, 'Captain, Coinweaver, welcome.'.

Levine looks to Dasiana, raising her brows in silent question during a little pause.
Saevitia gives a short nod towards Cabadath, 'Aye, she's comin' as my guest, eh?'.
Dasiana gives a subtle nod back at you.
Saevitia gives a short nod towards you, even.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human furrows her brow, 'Coinweaver.' She tilts her head to one side, 'Does that mean ya make coin outta nothin'?'.

Nisaiya laughs, shaking her head at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, 'It's actually Coinmagus, and no, it's my official title for leading the Church of Waukeen.' she waggles her fingers, 'If I could weave it out of nothing, I would.'.
Levine nods gently, 'A guest of a guest. Of course, Captain,' she looks towards Nisaiya. 'Coinweaver. And I suppose we wait on Bunny, unless-' she looks to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human very obviously. 'That might be yourself?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods to you, 'I'm Bunny. Kit. Whatever.'.

You greet everybody in the room.
Saevitia casts a glance towards Nisaiya, 'Aye, but a merchant as skilled as yourself can weave just about anything into a bit of coin with the right incentive, eh? Everything's valuable to someone.'.
Dasiana weaves her way through the tables, smiling at Saevitia, Nisaiya, Cabadath and A cocoa and caramel-haired female human. 'I'll be right with you!' she calls out, giving an extra wink to you. 'Just let me...' She starts rounding up the last of the tavern's patrons to usher them out to end her shift.
Dasiana asks 'Could I have two volunteers to nail the signs down outside each entrance, please?'
Nisaiya looks to Saevitia, and winks, 'That's correct.' she leans in, and murmurs, 'Where do you want to sit? Or is it standing room only?'.

You get a key printed with a small rune from a soft nubuck satchel decorated with caput mortuum cabachons.

Cabadath smiles at Nisaiya, nodding at Saevitia, 'Just what i meant.'.

You hold a key printed with a small rune in your right hand.
You unlock a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock with a key printed with a small rune.
You open a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You put a key printed with a small rune in a soft nubuck satchel decorated with caput mortuum cabachons.

Levine cycles through a million bags.
You get a bag from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

a bag contains:
( 2) a sturdy iron nail (perfect)
( 2) a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is CLOSED for THE MYSTERY (perfect)

You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

Saevitia touches Nisaiya's arm and gently guides her towards a huge, circular table of black wood, 'Aye, this'll do now, eh? I'm sure that Dasiana won't mind us takin' the table of honour for the retelling of... Viversnare manor!'.
Cabadath rises from his rest.
Cabadath nods at Dasiana, 'I'll set the signs, least i can do.'.
Dasiana calls out from her spot. 'Split the task, it's faster that way!' She continues her final conversations with the taverngoers.
Cabadath peers intently about the area.
Cabadath gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is CLOSED for THE MYSTERY.
Cabadath gets a sturdy iron nail.
Cabadath nods.
Cabadath opens the purple door.
Cabadath walks west.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human blinks, 'What are we doin'?'.
Cabadath walks in from the west.

Nisaiya follows with Saevitia, and nods, 'I think this will work'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Nisaiya.
Cabadath looks between the gathered, 'Ah well, why not?'.

Cabadath gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is CLOSED for THE MYSTERY.
Cabadath gets a sturdy iron nail.

Dasiana frowns as she stares at the other sign. 'That one needs to go out too! I guess Mister Cabadath will do it?'.
Cabadath opens the purple door.
Cabadath walks east.
Cabadath walks in from the east.

Dasiana wipes down the bar counter with a practised speed, like she's been doing this for years. Maybe even centuries.
Cabadath closes the purple door.
Cabadath closes the purple door.

The last patrons of the night leave grudgingly, if not drunkenly, for the streets.
Cabadath asks 'Do we have locks for the doors? Just in case a rousy drunk tries to open the door anyway?'
Cabadath sits down and relaxes.
Cabadath sits on a huge, circular table of black wood.

You say to Cabadath 'Intruders will be removed.'

A grubby man bumps his head on the doorframe and expels a bitter curse on his attempt to make his way out through the western door.

Saevitia quirks a faint grin as she glances at Cabadath, 'Relax, eh? We can push them out if it comes to it.'.
Cabadath snickers.

Dasiana rolls her eyes and shares a conspiratorial look with a pursed smile with you all. 'Could someone close that door to the street-' Her finger points west. '-and push him out with it, please?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks down to herself and then to the others.

Saevitia rises briefly, long enough to push the drunk's head down and shove him out with the door.
Thud! Captain Saevitia shoves the man out of The Haze.
Cabadath claps at Saevitia's performance.
Nisaiya claps her hands for Saevitia, 'Well done'.

Cabadath rises from his rest.
Cabadath sits down and relaxes.
Cabadath sits on a huge, circular table of black wood.

Dasiana goes over to both doors to shut and latch both of them.
Cabadath nods.
Saevitia gives a short bow from where she's standing at the door before she moves back to the table.
Dasiana gestures to a clear space somewhere before the long bar counter, striding towards it herself while she talks. 'Would you all mind standing somewhere around there, please?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human hops down off her table seating spot.
Cabadath pushes himself up.
Cabadath rises from his rest.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human rises from her rest.
Nisaiya makes her way toward the space, and nods.

Levine moves promptly over to the clear space, unloading some things from her box and setting them on a surface nearby. 'Please, a token of my appreciation for attending THE MYSTERY of Viversnare Manor.'.
You are thirsty.
Saevitia immediately rises again and glances towards the bar before moving over there.

> get 4 cap box
You get a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
> get 4 deers strong
You get a tweed deerstalker cap from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a tweed deerstalker cap.

Cabadath smote moves to spot Dasiana indicated.
Cabadath says, OOC, '*cough*'

You say 'Like the amazing magus, Sherlock Holmes.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Cabadath is smitten by Dasiana, indeed.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a tweed deerstalker cap.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Cabadath gets a tweed deerstalker cap.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks over the garments, 'Hm.'.
Cabadath gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Cabadath fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on his body.
Cabadath dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon his head.

You say to Cabadath 'They fit quite well.'
Saevitia looks over the fine tweed clothes, 'Aye, the famous magus. He was quite well acquainted with a certain cleric, wasn't he?'.
Levine visually inspects Cabadath.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon her head.
Cabadath strikes a sherlock-esque pose, 'Fitting.'.
Saevitia gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.

Saevitia stops using a silk handkerchief embroidered with 'purple mountain saxifrage'.
Saevitia wears a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on her arms.

You ask Saevitia 'Was it.. Robin?'
You say to Cabadath 'Punny.'

Nisaiya gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on her body.
Saevitia fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on her body.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape in a red suede pack.
Saevitia gets a tweed deerstalker cap.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a tweed deerstalker cap in a red suede pack.

You say, OOC, 'Before we begin, just a quick OOC briefing.'
You say, OOC, 'Firstly, thank you for making the time to come for this little RPG in an RPG.'
You say, OOC, 'Fair warning, this is going to be very text-heavy, though if you tried to back out now I'd probably hurt inside.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Kek'
You say, OOC, 'This RPG is mostly RP-based how interesting it would be depends on how you RP. There is a storyline, though, so its not like you can go "..and then I go and find Big Red." Spoiler alert, Big Red isnt in this story.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'text heavy in a text based game.. hm.. :)'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'True'
You say, OOC, ':) Not the -roleplaying-!'
You say, OOC, 'Because I'm going to do my darnedest to try and get more people to participate in this, I ask that the contents of the following story be kept hush hush. It's all IC, and feel free to talk -about- it, but please don't spoil the story! Telling people who the parties who organised The Mystery were, how delightful it was, etc, all that is fair game.'
You say, OOC, 'At the same time, because I need more people to participate in this, I would appreciate that, if you saw potential for growth, or enjoyed yourself today, to assist with being a mouthpiece for THE MYSTERY. I'm trying to find out what people like, and what people don't.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'fair enough'
You say, OOC, 'As a sidenote, I actually have the concepts for the next three ready to be written, so if this one takes off, I will write more. If today is the only run I ever get, congratulations, and I'll see you at the next Party of the Tenday, fingers crossed.'
You say, OOC, 'Finally, The Mystery of Viversnare Manor was brainstormed and written by myself and Kaizera.'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'I may, just as fair warning, but to time, have to drop out fairly soon. I'm sorry. It's not to do with you, but RL is crazy in about an hour.'
You say, OOC, 'No problem! Thanks for dropping by either way!'
You say, OOC, 'Finally, The Mystery of Viversnare Manor was brainstormed and written by myself and Kaizera.'
You say, OOC, 'Who's Kaizera? She doesn't really play anymore, but we get together and talk sometimes, and she's great at helping me put my thoughts together into something usable here.'
You say, OOC, 'Thats all! Any questions?'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Thanks to you both!'
You say, OOC, 'Thank you! I'll tell her! I forgot to tell her it was running today :/'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'sounds exciting :)'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Someone log and send to her? I can't log since my client is shitty'
You say, OOC, 'I logging.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'I've got a log going.'

Dasiana arrives at the bar and spins round. 'Well then! Where do I begin?'.
The question is rhetorical.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human mutters to herself and says, 'At the beginnin'?'.

The purple curtains to the windows shut along the length of the tavern one by one, shutting out the light from the outside.
The dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders go out.
Cabadath quiets down.

The entire tavern is cast in complete darkness.
For the first time in decades, at least, the doors officially close on The Purple Haze Tavern.
The wind shifts around you despite the closed windows and doors.
Several youthful voices whisper in unison from around the room.
'From the organisers of The Party of the Tenday'

Saevitia sends some stern looks around at the shadows.
'The Purple Haze Tavern'

'And the Eels of Zhentil Keep'

'The Raventhirst Case Files Presents'
'The Mystery of Viversnare Manor'


Cabadath whistles slightly offkey.
Cabadath claps his hands together.

A lamp near the ceiling in front of you is lit, revealing Dasiana seated on a tall stool, leaning back against the bar casually.

Levine steps forward into the spotlight from the side, inclining her head politely. She cradles what seems to be some sheafs of parchment and a quill.
You say 'Thank you all for being in attendance to witness Dasiana's dramatic retelling of a Raventhirst Case File: The Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'

Dasiana offers a pleasant smile to the audience.

You say 'To give some background, the Raventhirst Case Files are a collection of old cases that have been closed for various reasons, in Zhentil Keep's crime archives.'
You say 'Through my conversations with Dasiana, I learnt of this one mystery from quite some time back concerning Viversnare Manor that had rather drawn my interest. Although the case has been closed, Dasiana heard many things over time that she took the creative liberty to piece together.'
You say 'The result, was so fascinating a theory to myself, that I had made some arrangements to see it played out.'
Levine turns to regard Dasiana with an arch of her brow. 'Without further ado, then?' She steps out of the spotlight and takes up a place by The animated corpse of an evil twin's side, setting up office briskly in a corner table and posing her quill upon parchment, ready to take notes.

The glow of the spotlight on Dasiana intensifies briefly, drawing your attention.
As she talks, you find yourself gripped by the tale. The waitress is, without a doubt, a master storyteller.

Nisaiya's gaze shifts to focus upon Dasiana, she stills herself to keep bells from chiming too much.

Dasiana says 'A long time ago, before Oparil's Tower was known as such, the building was owned by the rich, powerful, and fearsome merchant... Don Perignon.'
You notice a shadow of a man pop up on the wall behind Dasiana, illustrating her tale.
Dasiana says 'Not only was he a merchant, he was also in the elite ranks of the Zhentarim, and as a merchant, had a solid reputation for being as reliable as a merchant could be, as long as the price was right.'
Dasiana says 'Allies loved him. Enemies hated him.'

Cabadath leans against his chair, eyeing Dasiana.

The silhouettes of crowns and coins rise up beside the figure, along with mobs cheering and booing Don Perignon.
Dasiana says 'Whatever the story, though, Don Perignon was famous. He was known for throwing wild parties with wild themes.'
You see wild parties and wild themes in the shadow puppet show
Dasiana lowers her voice in a sinister manner. 'But not anymore.'.
The shadow puppets all disappear.
Dasiana asks 'Would anyone like to make a guess why that is?'

Cabadath exclaims 'He retired!'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human shrugs, 'He dead?'.
Cabadath coughs and quiets down.
Saevitia sighs at Cabadath, 'That wouldn't be much of a mystery, eh?'.
Nisaiya offers up, 'He was whisked away, and never seen again?'.

Dasiana stares at Cabadath but laughs. 'Possible!' She shrugs back at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human and Nisaiya. 'Oh, quite possibly!'.
Dasiana says 'Well, whatever it is, Don Perignon was last seen at his own party, which was a masquerade.'
Dasiana says 'Twenty one guests from various important backgrounds were in attendance. Twenty guests disappeared at that masquerade. Vanished without a trace.'
Cabadath shrugs in response to Saevitia.
Cabadath winces at Dasiana.

Dasiana says 'So one night, exactly one year from the masquerade, I met Mister Number Twenty-one right here in The Haze while on duty.'
Nisaiya gasps.
Nisaiya sides whispers to Saevitia, 'I was close'.
Levine looks pleased, beside herself.

The spotlight goes off. You are consumed by the darkness.

Saevitia gives a very tiny nod to Nisaiya and whispers back, 'Twenty-one is a suspicious num-'.
Nisaiya blinks, her eyes reflecting, and glowing with an odd sense in the dark.

A crisp voice of a young boy sounds out from the darkness. 'You are about to embark on a dramatic interactive journey to investigate and discover the Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'
'There will be TWO stopping points where each of you will make a private guess on what happened to everyone at the masquerade.'
'Just contact the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula over there in the corner well it's dark now, but just contact her via amulet with your guesses during these stopping points.'
'So make sure to keep your brains active, and keep your guesses to yourself! We will review all the guesses at the end of the story, and the first person to guess it right will win a little extra memento from the Lady!'
'And now, without further ado..."

A spotlight comes on behind you upon a small squarish table. Dasiana wears a fancy noble's man-robes.
A sign on the table reads 'Mister Number Twenty-one'

Dasiana looks pretty down in the dumps, brooding over her empty tankard at the table. It is quite the eyesore.
Nothing happens. There is an expectant silence.

> there's a real silence
Dasiana glances up at the party, hinting heavily, and then looks back down at her tankard, looking sad.

Cabadath tells you, OOC 'I think there's a slight confusion, are we to interact directly as our characters?'

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human asks Dasiana 'So... um... Mister Twenty One? Why so glum?'
Dasiana drags her line of sight up to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human. 'I'm just back to visit.. It's been one year, you know, and all that.'.

You reply to Cabadath, OOC ':)'

Nisaiya glances to the side at Saevitia, then back to Dasiana, tilting her head.
Cabadath slides to Dasiana's side, asking a mug to the bartender, 'Quite the day, right? Awful.'.

Hushed whispers occur from the darkness. A small hooded figure hurries out and produces a mug of ale for Cabadath.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head with understanding, 'Yea, I kinda figger it'd be hard ta get over and all.' She furrows her brow, 'So like... can ya give us some more details 'bout the party? I mean, I betcha lost some friends and stuff.' She wrinkles her nose, 'But also lost some people ya ain't likin' none.'.
Saevitia leans back on her heels, then flashes Dasiana a thin grin, 'Aye, I heard about the .. Terrible, terrible thing that happened a year ago. Ya know what I mean, don't you?'.
The figure hurries out, and a mini collective sigh of relief sounds from the darkness.

Dasiana looks at the crowd around her, blinking hard and clinging to the tankard. 'I LOST MY BROTHER' she wails.
Dasiana says 'I was there with him. I attended.'

Cabadath drinks from his mug non-chalantly, 'How did -that- happen?'.

Nisaiya glances around the darkness, settling back to look at Dasiana, 'Oh, poor dear. I'm sorry for your loss.' she frowns, 'How did you get away?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human bites her lip, and then looks to the others. She waits for their questions to be answered before succumbing to her own curiosity.
Dasiana looks between Nisaiya and Cabadath, shoulders sagging more as she looks into her cup. 'Oh, I didn't -escape-. I left early. And I left my poor brother behind. The food didn't sit well with me, you see.'.
Cabadath nods at Nisaiya, quieting down himself.

You hear the soft scratching sounds of parchment on paper from the corner where Levine was last seen sitting.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human asks 'So ya survived the party 'cause ya left early. That's gotta haunt ya somethin' fierce. So like... who was yer brother?'
Nisaiya nods, she places a hand against her stomach, 'That's terrible. Can you tell us anything that happened prior to you leaving?'.
Nisaiya nods to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
Cabadath nods at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
Dasiana blinks pretty hard, looking like she might be trying to squeeze out tears, not too successfully. At A cocoa and caramel-haired female human's question, she looks offended. 'Sounds like you're asking -what- he is. But to me, he will always be my brother.'.
Dasiana shakes her head at Nisaiya, 'Nothing out of the ordinary. None of us even really noticed until the next morning. Our friends and family started noticing that everyone who attended that darned masquerade was gone.'.
Saevitia pulls a handful of candy out from her bag and munches on it with only a quiet munching noise as she watches the others speak to the distraught 'brother'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human shakes her head, 'Well, iff'n ya wanna think that, I can't stop ya none. I'm just tryin' ta figger out were all y'all friends o' Don Perry guy ... or like why ya was there.'.
Cabadath slides his mug to Dasiana, 'You need this more than me.'.
Dasiana goes for that mug, holding one vessel in each hand now. 'So we contacted the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigations, and they kinda did one of those investigations, put cards with numbers everywhere.'.
Cabadath nods at Dasiana.

Dasiana ponders the last statement quietly, lifting the tankard to her mouth and taking an empty swig from the empty tankard, just for show.
Saevitia raises a brow faintly as she fiddles with a candy in her fingers, 'Aye, he must've been really important to get all that treatment.'.
Saevitia gets a piece of winterfest sugar candy from a crushed velvet pouch.
Saevitia eats a piece of winterfest sugar candy.
Nisaiya frowns, listening to everyone speak.
Cabadath taps his chin idly, 'Let's see...'.

Dasiana shakes her head at Saevitia. 'It was everyone! Everyone was gone! Well, if I had to be truthful, I will admit that Don Perignon only invites important people.'.
Cabadath cants his head at Dasiana, 'Well then, who are you?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tilts her head, 'Which sorta brings me back ta my question. Who are ya? Who was yer brother? How'd ya get on the list o' invitees?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head to Cabadath, 'I'll ask fer my braincell back in a second.'.
Dasiana says 'I'm just another face.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human giggles.

Dasiana says 'Either way, when they combed through the Manor, they didn't quite have too many cards to place down.'
Dasiana says 'Nothing was out of place. Everything was neat and tidy enough, but there was no sign of violence of break-in, or anything of the sort.'
Dasiana smoothly lets go of the mug Cabadath gave, shifting back in her seat.
Saevitia hmms faintly, and tips her cap back slightly as she asks, 'What'd ya say the theme of this party was?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human asks 'So like... there was food, right? Was the food all cleaned up? I mean... did it look like the party was over?'

Cabadath nods at Saevitia.
Nisaiya nods at Saevitia, and smiles, 'That's a good question'.
Dasiana stands up, leaving her tankard on the table and swaying on her feet. 'Masquerade!' she says to Saevitia. To A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, she nods at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human. 'It's what they say. Anyway, there's simply no use dwelling on the past. I should sleep the intoxication off. Goodbye.'.
Cabadath stares at the sky.

Dasiana stumbles out of the spotlight with a throaty gurgle and hiccup for good measure.
Dasiana returns into the light, continuing her story as herself.
Dasiana says 'After this encounter, I collected so many details about the party bits here and pieces there.'
Dasiana says 'It all begins with a party invitation...'

The lights go down. It is dark again.

You hear some shuffling sounds behind you, a harsh, hushed whisper, a grunt, and a curse.
You feel something flutter in the darkness and fall delicately on your feet.

You get a bag from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
a bag contains:
( 4) a pink origami heart (perfect)
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.
Nisaiya looks down at her feet.
Cabadath reaches down on his foot.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a pink origami heart.
Cabadath gets a pink origami heart.

Saevitia lifts up one of the hearts and untangles it to get a better look at the writing on it.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human furrows her brow, 'Um... what's that gibberish at the bottom?'.

> exam heart
It can be picked up, held.
It cannot be worn with any other armour.
It is medium in size and would fit any body type.
It is made of unknown and weighs next to nothing.
Greetings, (the name looks garbled here)!

The great merchant Dom Perignon requests the honour of your
presence for a Masquerade, and to feast in style at the famed
Viversnare Manor.

Bring your best mask, your best suit, this invitation, and
please, an empty stomach, for we have much to fill your bellies
with!

At your earliest convenience,
REPONDEZ, S'IL VOUS PLAIT

Nisaiya gets a pink origami heart.
Saevitia says to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'That's cormyrean, I think, ain't it? Means, 'Respond right away or else.''
Nisaiya turns the heart over in her hand, 'You don't see folding like this very often'.

Behind your party, a row of standing torches have been set up, around what looks like a reception desk with bright cheery ornaments dangling off it.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head, 'Hm.'.
Saevitia gets a pink origami heart.

Dasiana sits at this desk looking bored, miserable, and very much like she is at a funeral. She rests her chin in her hand, perpetually on the verge of rolling her eyes.
Dasiana notices the party, finally succumbing to eye-rolling. 'WelcometotheMasqueradeatViversnareManor.Businessorpleasure?' she drawls without taking a breath, like she's said this a million times before.
Cabadath winces at Dasiana.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks over to Dasiana, and then to the others, 'Um...?' She then looks to Dasiana, 'Yes.'.

Dasiana pokes her finger idly at a pile of pink origami hearts in a basket.
Cabadath nods at Dasiana, 'Whichever gives you less trouble.'.
Cabadath places his origami heart on the basket.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human exclaims 'Pleasure... I gotta onna them heart thingies!'
Saevitia shakes her head, 'Aye, we're here for business. Where do ya want us to install the traps?'.
Nisaiya smiles at Dasiana, holding up her heart, 'Will this get us in?'.
Nisaiya sets the heart on the pile with the rest.

Saevitia coughs quietly, 'Aye, that's a good plan, Nisa. Aye, we've all got invitations, eh? And we RSVPed a while ago, I'm sure.'.
Dasiana sighs very loudly at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human and Saevitia, snatching Cabadath's heart out of the basket. 'The basket is mine.' She looks rather unsatisfied with everyone except Nisaiya, who seems to give a right answer.
Dasiana swirls her finger around the pile and stirs up some blue origami knives from beneath it.
Cabadath winces.

You get a blue origami knife from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

You drop a blue origami knife.
dasianaecho {C0}A blue origami knife {70}falls onto the ground.
A blue origami knife falls onto the ground.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a blue origami knife.
Nisaiya gives a pink origami heart to Dasiana.
Cabadath gives a pink origami heart to Dasiana.
Saevitia gives a pink origami heart to Dasiana.
Dasiana makes a sound that sounds like an extended 'ughhh' , choosing to ignore the fallen thing in favour of replying to Saevitia and Nisaiya. 'Yeah, yeah. We got them.'.

You wince.
You say, OOC, 'Want to see the OOC I queued up?'
OOC: Do NOT literally give her the invitation. Just emote it and drop them on the floor.

Nisaiya says, OOC, 'Oh I'm so sorry'
Cabadath says, OOC, '*cough*'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'my bad'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Dasiana.
You say, OOC, 'Congratulations, you win, Bunny!'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'yay!'

You say, OOC, 'Hahaha it's non-essential, they were yours to keep.'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'Oops'
You say, OOC, 'Is all cool!'
Saevitia dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon her head.

Dasiana stirs up all the invitations on her desk and stares up at the party. 'Yeah, there's just no way to tell who each invitation belongs to,' she says, irritated. 'Dumb system...' She starts scribbling unintelligible administrative things on her parchment.
Dasiana looks up while writing, saying sarcastically 'Oh is -that- what you're wearing?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human wrinkles her nose, 'Butcha do have a list o' people who are here?'.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Cabadath gets a fancy top hat from a crushed velvet pouch.
Cabadath stops using a tweed deerstalker cap.
Cabadath dons a fancy top hat upon his head.

Saevitia performs an elegant curtsey for Dasiana, in her gown, 'Aye, I dressed up for the event, eh?'.
Dasiana expels a loud sigh at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human. 'Why would I ever give that to you, huh?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tries to steal a peek at the scribbling in hopes of catching names. 'Because ya like me very much.'.
Cabadath nods at Dasiana, 'I think this would suffice?' , in a jewel-encrusted cloth.

Dasiana looks up without even lifting her chin. 'Yeah, whatever.' She stops writing and dumps the origami invitations into the basket. She misses and A cocoa and caramel-haired female human's invitation falls to the ground, for her to recollect. 'I don't.' She makes a point and pokes the invitation with her foot.
Nisaiya smiles at Dasiana, 'For a few platinum, would you give us a couple of names?'.

Saevitia blinks as she stares over Dasiana's shoulder, 'Hey! Get back here! You don't have an invitation!'.
Nisaiya jiggles her pouch, 'We just want to know who we might rub elbows with'.
Saevitia makes a subtle hand gesture towards A cocoa and caramel-haired female human behind her back.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'You see nothing you can even read. Is she even trying to write anything down properly?'

Dasiana looks at Nisaiya. 'Sure.' She holds her hand out.
Nisaiya gets 10 platinum coins from an embroidered leather shoulder bag stitched with coins.
Nisaiya gives Dasiana some money.
Nisaiya says to Dasiana 'Thank you, dear.'
Cabadath looks between Nisaiya and Dasiana with a distinct look of curiosity.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tries to start running into the party area, in hopes of drawing the attendant.

Levine puts the coins into the basket. 'Luke. Paul. Matthew.' She gives an extra thought. 'Jeremy.'.
Nisaiya nods, offering a simple smile, 'That should help a little.' she glances to the rest of the party, 'What do you think?'.

Panicked whispers come from the shadows and a gangly hooded and masked figure comes out and ushers Bunny roughly back.
Saevitia hmms at Nisaiya and Dasiana, 'Aye, are they all men's names?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human oofs as she firmly planted back into her spot. She mutters to herself, 'That didn't work.'.
Nisaiya nods, 'It seems'.
Saevitia nods at Nisaiya.
Dasiana stares stonily at the party. 'This really isn't a job interview. What? Do I have to bring your walking stick? Move along!'.

Some small figures wearing black hooded cloaks emerge from the darkness to snuff out the lights on the standing torches. The place goes dark.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.
The same crisp voice of a young boy sounds out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your first stopping point!'
'Send your first guess to the Dollmaker now. What happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'

You say, OOC, 'Nisaiya, would this be a good point for you to dip out as well? You can stay and dip out anytime too. :)'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'I'm actually in the clear to stay. I got let off dinner duty!'

Saevitia reaches into her bag to pull out some sweet candies to much on, and she reluctantly offers one to Nisaiya as well.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Cabadath Hmmmms...

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you 'I believe the staff at the manor poisoned and killed all of the guests... and had enough time to tidy up the place to hide the evidence.'
You tell A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'Received.'

Saevitia tells you 'Aye, so my guess is that the Don Perignon is a doppelganger, he invited his guests an' consumed them to take their forms an' memories, an' he currently is disguised as 'Mister Twenty-One''
You tell Saevitia 'Received.'

Saevitia gets a piece of winterfest sugar candy from a crushed velvet pouch.
Saevitia gives a piece of winterfest sugar candy to Nisaiya.
Nisaiya smiles at Saevitia, 'Thank you'.
Saevitia grins at Nisaiya, 'That's the last candy I've got from Winterfest, so it's valuable. Treasure it, for the few moments it takes to eat it.'.

Cabadath tells you 'They've been put to sleep and abducted.'
Cabadath tells you 'With something on the food.'
You tell Cabadath 'Received.'

Nisaiya hmms to herself, and shakes her head, 'I don't know that I have a guess'.
Nisaiya grins at Saevitia, 'Maybe I should hold onto it as a memory?'.
Saevitia winks at Nisaiya, 'I guess it depends on how good the memory is then.'.
The voice sounds a little uncertain. 'Try something?'

Nisaiya tells you 'An upset wizard took everyone away, and locked them in a tower. It's a silly guess.'
You tell Nisaiya 'A guess, nevertheless. Received.'

'Alright, let's get right back to it!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.
In the darkness, you sense a flurry of movement all around you. A little gasp pierces the determined silence, and you hear the sounds of wood and other things being shifted about around you.
When the lights come back on, you and your party see that The Haze has been completely restyled and its former clutter gone, albeit in a very minimalistic way.
Welcome to Viversnare Manor.

You are in a grand ballroom. A giant gold-leafed mask hangs from the ceiling, and the walls are decorated with many other masks displayed in frames.
Cabadath looks around the guests, trying to recognize any face at all.
There are no guests.

No one else is around. Some happy music for dancing to seems to be playing from some rooms away in the Manor. An expectant silence ensues.

Cabadath stares at the sky.
The void stares back.

Nisaiya looks around the grand ballroom, trying to take everything in at once.
Saevitia casts a glance towards Nisaiya, then perks her ears up towards the sound of music, 'Aye, perhaps we ought to dance the night away, eh?'.
Nisaiya smiles at Saevitia, 'If we weren't trying to solve a mystery'.

You say, OOC, 'I'm going to implement this real quick. When you see three dots, it means it's your turn to take action.'

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human starts to look at the different masks. Starting with counting them. Are there twenty of them?
There are not twenty. There are too many to count. However, it seems some of the frames are loose.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human does indeed help with making said frames even looser.
Nisaiya looks over at the rest of the marks on the walls, she steps forward to nudge one of the frames, 'Strange'.
Saevitia lets out a faint sigh and smiles lightly at Nisaiya before moving towards one of the walls and- she glances at Nisaiya and A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, 'Aye, see if they're made of human skin or somethin', eh?'.
Cabadath stares at Saevitia.

The frames crash to the ground at Bunny and Nisaiya's encouragement! CRASHHHHHINGSOUNDS.

You get a bag from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
a bag contains:
a bloodstone raven skull mask (perfect)
a coral raven skull mask (perfect)
a aquamarine raven skull mask (perfect)
a darksteel raven skull mask (perfect)

Cabadath says to Saevitia 'Not --'
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

Nisaiya shivers, 'Human skin.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a coral raven skull mask.
Nisaiya gets a darksteel raven skull mask.
Cabadath gets a bloodstone raven skull mask.
Saevitia gets a aquamarine raven skull mask.

Cabadath straps a bloodstone raven skull mask around his head.
Nisaiya straps a darksteel raven skull mask around her head.
Saevitia says 'And then the mask consumed Cabadath.'

Nisaiya stops using a darksteel raven skull mask.
Nisaiya straps glittering golden pupils around her head.
Saevitia hums a little ditty for Nisaiya.
Saevitia looks at Nisaiya.
Cabadath says to Saevitia 'Hah.'

Nisaiya sets the mask over her face, 'Caw caw'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head, 'Pretty.'.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells Nisaiya 'Looking through the mask, you notice the blue invitation glowing prominently in Bunny's possession.'


Saevitia straps a aquamarine raven skull mask around her head.
Saevitia says to Nisaiya 'What lovely eyes ya have. Particularly the-'
Saevitia asks 'Isn't there some connection between the souls of the dead and ravens?'

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells Saevitia 'Something tells you that the masks should all be worn, and worn at all times.'


Cabadath gazes thoughtfully at Saevitia and says 'Hmmm.'
Nisaiya peers through the mask, pointing out to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, 'Bunny, what's that you have?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'Nevermore'
Cabadath says 'I was visited by a weird -crow-, not a raven, so.'
Saevitia says to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'Right, back on the statue with you.'

You snort at her.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at her mask.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human straps a coral raven skull mask around her head.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'Mirror, mirror, on the wall...'

Nisaiya points out, 'The invitation, or something. It's blue.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Nisaiya.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'Oh... this...'

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human wields a blue origami knife in her right hand.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Saevitia looks at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, '*giggles*'

The light from the next room pulses in the doorway, drawing you and your party to it.

Nisaiya shakes her head, 'I looked through the masks, and it was suddenly like I could see it'.

The light pulses, trying to compel you to it.

Nisaiya follows the light, that's hopefully not the end of the tunnel.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human does look towards the mirror, though, with minor curiosity. She answers distractedly, 'It's... it's a poem or somethin'.' OOC: though it seems I can wield it?
Nisaiya steps over to the doorway.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Saevitia.
Saevitia nods as she moves alongside Nisaiya, 'Aye, so tell us what it says, eh?'.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at Cabadath.
..I wonder if you could stab with it.
Cabadath moves into the next room.
Nisaiya steps through the doorway with the rest of the party.

As you walk through the door, you arrive at a luxurious dining hall, where a table is set for over twenty people. There is no one, and the food hasn't been served.
Delectable smells of stew, roasted meat and baked goods waft in from the kitchen.
The cheery music is louder here, along with a man's voice speaking. The sounds seem to come from the parlour.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human bites her lip as she looks down at the knife, 'Um... I couldn't read it. It was like some kinda ... archaic language or somethin'. Ya know... somethin' only them scholarly smart folk know.'.
Saevitia holds her hand out towards A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, 'Aye, that so, eh? Pass it along, I know a little o' that language. Let's have a peek.'.
Nisaiya looks around the table, 'We might be just in time for dinner.'.
Cabadath Hmmmms...
Cabadath tries to see if the plates have any diference between them.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human doesn't hand it with the hilt forward. No, it's blade first. She then accidentally tries to poke Saevitia with it. 'Oops.'.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I'm just trying to see if it's sharp... not so much to kill anyone :)'

Saevitia gets her hand caught on the blade, 'Hey, be careful with that!'.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells Cabadath 'There is no difference between them. You see a delightful display of artfully arranged silverware.'

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human stops using a blue origami knife.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gives a blue origami knife to Saevitia.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human exclaims 'Sorry!'

Cabadath shrugs at the plates, looking over at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human and Saevitia.
Nisaiya peeks over to look at the knife with Saevitia, 'Anything strange with it?'.
Saevitia asks Nisaiya 'Aye, have ya got one of those small mirrors on you?'

The lights pulse from the doorways to the kitchen and the parlour.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human starts to look around the room.
Cabadath goes to the kitchen.

Does everyone go to the kitchen?

Nisaiya goes to the kitchen too.
Saevitia follows the others into the kitchen as she peers at the bit of origami.
Cabadath says 'It's where the food might be poisoned...'
Nisaiya gets a small silver mirror from a fine silk grass green spellpouch.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at the various chairs in the room first.
Nisaiya gives a small silver mirror to Saevitia.
Saevitia holds the mirror up in front of the knife and tries to catch the writing in the reflection.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'Not too big, not too small, just right. You see nothing of note.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells Saevitia 'Still gibberish.'

Saevitia hmms, then passes the knife over to Nisaiya, handle first, 'Can't quite tell, aye.'.
Saevitia gives a blue origami knife to Nisaiya.
Saevitia gives a small silver mirror to Nisaiya.

The light from the kitchen pulses encouragingly at Bunny. Will Bunny join? We'll find out.

Saevitia thinks that bunny probably has an instinctive fear of butchers.
Very funny.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human does indeed go to the kitchen... hoping they aren't making Hasenpfeffer.

You and your party enter the kitchen. There is no one around.

Nisaiya holds the mirror up, and tries to decipher the writing on the knife, 'Strange. I wonder if I can get it to decipher'.

The air smells good enough to eat, as do the dishes, which are lined up on the counter, artfully arranged, piping hot, and ready to go.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells Cabadath 'This happens gradually but over the course of a few moments - the food doesn't look all that appealing to you.'

For some inexplicable reason, you see a number of consumables on the counter, unguarded and ready for the taking.

Cabadath twists his nose at the food, 'Not... Quite... Fresh?'.

You get a bag from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
a bag contains:
( 4) a minced meat tart (perfect)
( 4) a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew (perfect)
( 4) a piece of wrapping cloth (perfect)
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

You get a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a minced meat tart.
Cabadath gets something.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a piece of wrapping cloth.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet.

Nisaiya gets a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
Nisaiya gets a minced meat tart.
Cabadath Hmmmms...
Nisaiya gets a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew in a piece of wrapping cloth.

Cabadath tells you, OOC 'Can i use detect poison on thiese?'
You reply to Cabadath, OOC 'Sure!'

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a minced meat tart in a piece of wrapping cloth.

Cabadath begins to chant.
You guess Cabadath is casting detect poison.
Cabadath utters the words, 'detect poison'.

https://i1.wp.com/www.coopernundrums.co ... feffer.jpg
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'XD'

Saevitia reaches for a knife (and there surely is a knife in the kitchen) to take apart one of the tarts and examine the meat.. to see if it is made with people..!

Cabadath shrugs.
Cabadath says 'Not poisoned...'

Captain Saevitia squishes the centre of the tart and sees nothing of note.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I sigh at how many people miss the bugs bunny reference'
The air sighs with Bunny.

Nisaiya gives a blue origami knife to Cabadath.
Nisaiya asks Cabadath 'You try to see if you can see it?'
Cabadath nods at Nisaiya.

Final call with the foods on the ground.
Also, whose cap is that?
Nisaiya gets a tweed deerstalker cap.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human goes over to the pots and pans, trying to look over the different pans that may have been used to make the food.
An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'They are spic and span and clean as can be.'

Cabadath hmms.
Cabadath searches for glasses lined with -anything.
An animated corpse of an evil twin tells Cabadath 'Only lined with -style-.'
Cabadath blinks.
Cabadath says '...Right...'

Nisaiya looks through the food dishes, 'If it's not eaten, did they even make it to dinner?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'I think this is more of what's been served'

Seems like there is nothing left here to do. Your party goes back to the dining hall, and on to the parlour

Saevitia nods, 'Aye, doesn't seem like it. An', when it comes to cookin', you don't want to leave hot food made. It'll just go cold an' ruined.'.
Cabadath snickers.

Hooded and masked figures clear the floor out.
You fill a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Cabadath says 'Then my guess...'
Cabadath shrugs.

Nisaiya nods, moves on to the parlour with the rest, 'I guess just a show of what they could have had.'.

The music keeps going when you enter the parlour, but the man's voice abruptly stops. Like the other rooms, there is no one here.
There's a reading corner, with a bookshelf and bar.
One entire wall is mirrored.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human furrows her brow, 'So meaty tarts and buns and a nice wine.' She bites her lip.
Cabadath looks int othe mirror, to find some diferences from the 'real' room.
Saevitia pokes at Cabadath, 'Eh, hold the knife up to the mirror an' see if the writing is legible in it.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human looks at the mirrored wall, and then looks to Nisaiya. 'See if the wall can decipher the note?'.

The mirror emanates a supreme energy (it's just wind).

Cabadath offers a hand to Saevitia, 'Let me see?'.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Saevitia points at the note/knife in Cabadath's hand.

Cabadath wields a blue origami knife in his left hand.
Cabadath holds the knife up to the mirror.

Cabadath nods at Saevitia, 'Look at the bookshelf?'.

The words on the invitation read with perfect clarity when reflected in the mirror.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human moves over to the bookshelf while the knife reading thing is going on.
________________________________________
| |
| JABBERWOCKY |
| 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves |
| Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: |
| All mimsy were the borogoves, |
| And the mome raths outgrabe. |
|________________________________________|

Cabadath raises an eyebrow.
An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'The bookshelf contains books written in a variety of languages.'

Saevitia snickers.
Cabadath reads the words out to the gathered, 'Anyone knows anything about that?'.
Saevitia snacks on some candy while she reads.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'One of them in particular says 'Through the Looking Glass'.'
An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'That is all you see.'

Saevitia asks Nisaiya 'How much are vorpal swords selling for these days, any'ow?'

At Cabadath's command word 'Jabberwocky', the mirror bulges inwards and a large rectangular doorway is peeled from the mirror! The space beyond the doorway is pitch black.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human takes the Looking Glass book... reference material may be needed.
Cabadath blinks.
Nisaiya says to Saevitia 'I bet they would go for quite a bit. I don't get a market for them often.'
Cabadath immediatly tries to shine some light into the doorway.

You tell A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, OOC 'If you're telling the animate, I can't see what she sees :)'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you, OOC 'No... someone else is telling me...'
You reply to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, OOC 'No worries, then!'

Cabadath stops using a blue origami knife.

Cabadath begins to chant.
You guess Cabadath is casting light.
Cabadath utters the words, 'light'.
Light begins to radiate from a tiny savoury pastry.
Cabadath throws the pastry into the doorway.
The void stares back at the glowing pastry.

Nisaiya fans herself with the looking glass reference, her heart singing with fangirl happiness.
Nisaiya peers through the doorway.
Cabadath coughs, 'Ladies first.'.
Nisaiya glances at Cabadath.
Nisaiya shrugs, and steps through.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human shrugs, 'I'll go... somethin' 'bout rabbits and not bein' late ... and off with their heads is comin' ta mind.'.
Cabadath follows Nisaiya close in step.
Saevitia give sa short nod, 'Aye, it'd be a good blade to kill a jabberwocky with is all.' She steps through after Nisaiya.
Nisaiya hums, 'I wonder if we will find a white rabbit'.
Saevitia looks at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human clears her throat, 'Ya already have one.'.

The mirror looks malleable and twitches a bit when Captain Saevitia says the word again. Nothing happens, though.

You get a black suede hat from a soft nubuck satchel decorated with caput mortuum cabachons.
You pull a rabbit from the hat.
The rabbit begins to run around.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human holds out her hand to Cabadath, 'Can I have the knife thing?'.
Cabadath gives a blue origami knife to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
The doorway closes behind the party (it's just a curtain). It is pitch black.

The bunny follows.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.
A familiar crisp voice rings out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your second stopping point!'
'Send your second and final guess to the Dollmaker now. What do you think happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'
Cabadath Hmmmms...
Cabadath Hmmmms...
Cabadath says 'Hard one.'


End Part 1 of 2, continued below.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 am

Run #1: Cabadath, Nisaiya, Saevitia, Zia (Bunny)

Part 2 of 2:

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'OOC question'
You say, OOC, 'Yes!'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'The words that were emitted for the invite... was that 'auto-corrected' with the knowledge of the language?'
You say, OOC, 'Which invite do you mean?'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'sorry... the Jabberwocky poem'
You say, OOC, 'Oh, archaic script, and whether you understand it or not?'

Saevitia rests her chin on her hands.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'Twas brillig and the slithy toves'
You say, OOC, 'It was in common. It was written in an archaic -manner- :)'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, ''k'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'That's just Carroll. He's crazy, that lad.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I wish my daughter was here... she lives and breathes Alice. :)'

Nisaiya tells you 'I believe the group of people were taken through a portal to another world, and kept hostage there, or maybe just chose to stay happily ever after.'
You tell Nisaiya 'Received.'

The rabbit runs away.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you 'The guests were pulled through the rabbit hole and killed by the Jabberwocky'
You tell A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, OOC 'I feel like I need to clarify what you meant, just in case it affects your answer!'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you 'The guests went through the mirror / looking glass, and were killed by the Jabberwocky on the other side...'
You tell A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, OOC ':D I mean, what did you mean about the poem and the language?'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you, OOC 'Oh... I just wanted to make sure that ... the code here can alter words if we don't know the language. So hello could look like hinto'
You reply to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, OOC 'I see! Personally, I think you should amend your guess to something not related to the Jabberwocky. :) I feel like that was a misleading design on my part.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you, OOC 'will do...'

Nisaiya says, OOC, 'I need to say ooc, how much I adore the Alice and Looking Glass stuff <3! I love it so hard IRL'
You say, OOC, ':D That was all Kaizera! I'll tell her.'
Nisaiya says, OOC, '<3 Kai. I miss her!'
You say, OOC, ':)'
You say, OOC, 'If anyone needs any toilet breaks, now is a good time!'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'Actually I will do that! Grab some water. Brb!'

Cabadath tells you '...Abducted... By something. Not because of the food, but because of... Something in the masks.'
You tell Cabadath 'Received.'

Pending Saevitia's guess.

Saevitia says, OOC, 'okay, I'm back! I was getting a drink, which I spilled, and had to clean it.'
cudd sae

Cabadath snickers with Saevitia.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human tells you 'I think the guests went through the mirror portal, which was only one direction... so they disappeared cause they are wherever the portal took 'em.'
You tell A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'Received.'

Saevitia tells you 'Aye, I'll guess that they were consumed by their alter-ego shadow plane selves.'
You tell Saevitia 'Received.'

Nisaiya says, OOC, 'K sorry back'

'Alright, and that makes four! Over to you, Dasiana!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.
The lights slowly fade on on the set. The party stands in the dining hall, right at the entrance to the parlour. Everything looks as luxurious as before, just somehow... Darker. Creepier. More shadowy.
A pale, smoky mist wafts through the air, giving the whole place a dreamlike quality.

Cabadath peers intently about the area.

Sultry jazzy music floats into the dining hall from the parlour, along with the sound of a man speaking.

Someone nudges your party into the parlour. The place is filled with many masked people, dressed to the nines.

Nisaiya looks around, her eyes adjusting with a dim glow coming from them.

Something about them seems off. They look like misshapen humanoids devil-like, even. Some of them turn around to look at the newcomers, but they eventually return their attention to the speaker, listening with interest.
You catch a glimpse of a naked woman and a naked man on the ground, unconscious and spread-eagled.
The speaker seems to be giving a lecture on them.
The speaker says 'Well, I guess that wraps it up. I hope that was educational for you.'
The speaker says 'If you're interested to learn more, our anatomy groups are every Sixthday evening.'

Nisaiya tilts her head to the side curiously, she edges closer to the party.
Saevitia whispers to Nisaiya, 'So that's how you disguise yourself as a human.'.

The speaker says 'Shall we all move to the dining hall?'

Cabadath peers at the speaker.

The speaker glances to the entrance and spies your party.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human does a quick count... are we still looking at 21 (plus or minus the two unconscious)
Nisaiya murmurs to Saevitia, 'I think so'.

Cabadath blinks and tries to mix with the crowd.
Nisaiya looks to the speaker, and frowns.

An animated corpse of an evil twin tells A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'While you do not have any guesses left, you could certainly count them. The number in here is 20 devils and 2 humans on the ground.'

Saevitia nudges A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, twenty-one minus Mister Twenty-One.

The narrator clarifies that the two on the ground are human.

The speaker says 'Did you miss the best parts? Ah, but you must not miss the dinner! Could you get Don Perignon from the kitchen and tell him the guests are waiting?'
The subjects for study are lifted and carted off to another room by some masked guests.
Nisaiya murmurs, 'Should we go to the kitchen quickly?'.
Cabadath nods at Nisaiya, 'But... Not all of us?'.
Saevitia nods, 'Aye, best do as we're asked.'.
Saevitia winks at Nisaiya.
Cabadath motions at the speaker, 'Might there be something else to see.'.

Everyone is just mingling.

Nisaiya shakes her head to Cabadath, 'I think we missed that'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods and starts to go to the kitchen.
Cabadath shrugs and follows to the kitchen.
Nisaiya asks Cabadath 'Let's find our host?'
People are shuffling into the dining hall.
Nisaiya moves through the dining hall, to the kitchen, if she remember correct.
The void congratulates Nisaiya.

The light from the kitchen pulses encouragingly at Bunny.

Saevitia nods and moves along with the others to the kitchen, 'Aye, we'll get to see what the mirrored food is like, eh?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human points back up to her pose of wanting to go to the kitchen.

You arrive in Don Perignon's kitchen.
The kitchen is in working in full swing. There are racks and racks of meat undoubtedly, demihuman meat. A torso there, a leg here, an arm there.
The cooks, too, are masked, and are cooking the demihuman guests that Don Perignon invited to the party and serving it to his real party guests devils!

Cabadath blinks.
Nisaiya stares at the meat.
Cabadath says '...Well.'
Cabadath points at Saevitia.

Only one person is of note here.

Cabadath says to Saevitia 'You were... Right...'

Don Perignon (actually Dasiana, sharply dressed as a man, with a pencil moustache drawn over her upper lip) looks up at you and your company, looking a bit surprised.
Dasiana asks 'Yes? Is it time for the feast?'

Cabadath smirks, 'Yes.'.
Nisaiya looks at Dasiana, and nods, 'Yes, Host'.
Dasiana says 'Please, call me Don Perignon.'
Dasiana says 'Well then we really shouldn't keep them waiting. Please, go and take a seat first. I will open the feast in the dining hall shortly.'
Nisaiya curtseys, 'As you wish.'.

Pulsing lights from the dining hall. Pulse pulse pulse.

Nisaiya ushers everyone quickly away from the meat to the dining hall.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human does indeed head over to the dining hall.
Cabadath follows Nisaiya along.
Saevitia stretches her hands lightly and snacks on some candy from her bag as she follows.

Everyone is trickling into the dining hall and seating themselves at the long table, set for twenty one people. If you're lucky, you could take a seat before the others do.

Nisaiya hurries to a seat, and sits in it fast.
Cabadath quickly finds a seat.
Nisaiya tucks her skirts, and takes the last motion with grace though.

Cabadath manages to steal a seat from a particularly scrawny and young-teenager-sized masked devil. The devil looks quite confused.

Saevitia takes a seat gracefully, next to Nisaiya, 'Aye, so this's quite the party, e?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human takes a seat as well.
Nisaiya manages to get a seat with little trouble. The rest of the party, along with another misplaced devil is left standing somewhat awkwardly.
Nisaiya nods to Saevitia, mentioning in hushed tones, 'I don't know that I have ever seen so many devils in one place'.
Cabadath looks around, trying to see if he recognizes any devils.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human wrinkles her nose as she realizes she's left standing.

Hooded figures smoothly try to steal the seat back from Bunny, but think twice about Captain Saevitia.

There are a couple of confused looking devils around, now.

Dasiana walks into the dining hall and takes her place at the head of the feast table.
Nisaiya keeps her seat firmly, looking up and around the room.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Dasiana exclaims 'All you clever devils, welcome to my grand masquerade at Viversnare Manor!'
Dasiana looks from person to person, studying them and twitching her nose. 'I see all of you are dressed in your most impressive masks! I thank you.' Her gaze stops at the few people left standing curiously. 'What's wrong there?'.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I guess I want to make sure... am I sitting or standing?'
You say, OOC, 'Up to you :)'

Saevitia calls out, 'These louts tried to crash the feast an' steal our seats. I say, send 'em to the material plane an' let the humans sort 'em out.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human is one of those standing as she's not exactly intimidating and can easily have her seat taken. She shrugs to Dasiana, 'Um... not enough seats?'.
Cabadath sticks his nose up, speaking quite regally in accordance to Saevitia, 'I wouldn't expect such a thing to happen under Don Perignon's roof'.

Dasiana arches a brow at Saevitia as the displaced devils rustle about uncomfortably, having not been trained with lines. 'I was very clear that no plus ones were allowed....'.
Dasiana says 'Anyway, we will get you others some seats promptly. Tonight, we dine to commemorate the third year we are organising the annual devil's feast! This year, we are serving only the best, as you know.'
Dasiana exclaims 'Without further ado, let us all remove our masks and begin the feast!'
Everyone removes their mask, revealing their fiendish visages.
A rotund fiend looks like he might be having makeup issues and is rubbing his eye a lot.
...

Cabadath swallows dryly, he tries to keep his mask on.
Nisaiya leaves her mask in place, looking at the party with a frown, 'Mine is stuck. I'll just leave it on to eat.'.
Dasiana stares at your party, hands going on her hips in a Dasiana manner, if she had cultivated mannerisms at all. 'Well what's wrong now, over there?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human stops using a coral raven skull mask.
Saevitia pats her stomach, 'Aye, I ate a few chimney sweeps on my way here an' I'm a bit full already, eh?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human doesn't quite care. She takes off her mask when appropriate.
Cabadath tries to figure if there's a demon he could impersonate, that would look human, by swiftly going through a pale book.
Cabadath gets a very fine, pale leather tome from a crushed velvet pouch.

Dasiana looks suspiciously at Saevitia, Cabadath and Nisaiya, but seems to lose it at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human's big reveal.
Dasiana pulls a fancy stick from inside her sharp mansuit and releases a magical flare from its end!
Dasiana exclaims 'ABORT, ABORT! JABBERWOCKY! JABBERWOCKY!!!'
Someone yells 'Don Perignon! Party at Charlie's, eh!?'
The flare spreads and the entire place is cast in a red light.

Cabadath keeps on searching the-- Well, he stops.
Alas, there was no time for book-consultation!

A high-pitched alarm whistles everywhere in the Don Perignon's Manor. PHEEEEEE!

Nisaiya sighs loudly, clapping her hands over her ears.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human winces, 'Oops.'.

Everyone floods towards the parlour and the mirror, where the portal seems to be open.
Beyond, you see a viciously cracked landscape with fire and brimstone!

Dasiana runs towards the parlour and you see her trousers snag on a table. She is stuck!
Cabadath puts a very fine, pale leather tome in a spellslinger's bandolier replete with wand holsters.

It looks like there is an opening to DETAIN Don Perignon or let him RUN

Saevitia snarls at the devils, 'Aye, ya should run away from us! Us humans breathe pure death, ya know?'.

Cabadath detains Dasiana.

Nisaiya scrambles from her seat and tries to catch Dasiana.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human is not seated, so she quickly tries to catch Dasiana.

Saevitia says 'Oh, aye, I suppose we can capture he- him after all.'

Dasiana stops the tugging on her trousers as Cabadath and Nisaiya approach, dipping out of character and just relaxing for the time being.

The animated corpse of an evil twin steps into the parlour from the grand hall, intruding on the scene. She gives a small smile. Her lips part to speak gentle words. 'You have chosen to detain Don Perignon. Your success or failure will be determined by this game.'.

You get a scrap of sailcloth from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a scrap of sailcloth.

Nisaiya asks 'Best two out of three?'
Levine comes out just to give the sailcloth to The animated corpse of an evil twin. She retreats into the shadows, cradling a bunch of parchments.
Cabadath stops besides Dasiana, giving her a small nod.

The animated corpse of an evil twin holds the material out, spreading it wide and moving between Dasiana and the party. 'Best of three. Who will represent your party? Please put your hand under here for a game of stone, parchment, dagger. I will play on behalf of Don Perignon.'.

Cabadath winces.
Saevitia holds her hand out, 'I volunteer ro represent the party!'.
Cabadath says 'If no one else wants to--'

Your party will use signset1.

Cabadath grins.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods to Saevitia.

The animated corpse of an evil twin says 'Captain Saevitia will go first, then Cabadath.'

Saevitia nods at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
Nisaiya gestures to Saevitia.
Saevitia nods at Nisaiya.
Cabadath winces.
Saevitia asks 'Aye, let me know when, eh?'
Cabadath says 'Ah well, sure.'

The animated corpse of an evil twin lays the sailcloth over Saevitia's hand and covers her own hand with it.

Saevitia reaches her hand under the sailcloth and makes some kind of gesture.

Saevitia readies a hand-sign.

The animated corpse of an evil twin goes 'Stone, parchment, dagger!' She pulls the cloth away.

Saevitia throws out the hand-sign for stone!
The animated corpse of an evil twin throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Saevitia shakes her fist!
Cabadath winces.
Saevitia already had the fist made, so it was easy.

The animated corpse of an evil twin says 'Round two.'
The animated corpse of an evil twin readies the cloth again.

Cabadath steps up, 'Right then.'.
Saevitia says 'It's all up to you, Cabadda.'
Cabadath sighs loudly.

Cabadath readies a hand-sign.

Saevitia nods.

The animated corpse of an evil twin puts the cloth over the two signs.
The animated corpse of an evil twin says 'Stone, parchment dagger!' and pulls the cloth away.

Cabadath throws out the hand-sign for stone!
The animated corpse of an evil twin throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Cabadath says, "Bah!" and turns away in contempt.
Saevitia says 'Good old parchment, nothin' beats parchment.'
Cabadath says 'I thought...'
Dasiana gives one strong pull and dislodges the material from the table. 'HA!' she exclaims, hurrying into the portal.
Saevitia says to Cabadath 'Aye, but ya didn't overthink it.'

The portal in the mirror closes behind Don Perignon like a lowered curtain.
Cabadath stares at you, 'Clever.'.

A group of tall teenagers, with uncanny timing, jog in wearing well-polished soldier garb with a miscellany of costume swords. 'Freeze! ZBI!' They study the scene, and one of them talks to Bunny. 'We come from the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigation. What the devil is going on here!?'.
Nisaiya laughs at the pun.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human blinks and then looks to the others and then to the ZBI. 'Um... a lotta stuff.' She tilts her head, 'Though, kinda funny ya say devil.'.
Cabadath looks over at the guards, 'Ah...' , and tries dashing for it.
Saevitia sighs at Cabadath.

The doors are locked from the outside.

Nisaiya murmurs to Saevitia, 'If they hold up little blinky light wands, don't stare at it.'.
Nisaiya pats Cabadath on the back.
Saevitia murmurs back to Nisaiya, 'Last time that happened I forgot a whole tenday.'.

A group of tall teenagers say 'Is that so? What happened here?'

Cabadath looks panicked, he turns to the ZBI and shrugs, holding his hands up.
Saevitia shakes her head at Cabadath, 'Try looking less like the most guilty person alive.'.

A group of tall teenagers look oddly at Cabadath. Keep your fingers down, infamous mage Cabadath! We've heard of your coming since years and years ago!
Nisaiya laughs, shaking her head at Cabadath, 'You need a few lessons on not being guilty some time.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human furrows her brow and looks around, 'The owner o' this place... Don Piergnon was holdin' a party. And like, see... the people he invited ta the party. They was actually on the menu fer a buncha real devil folk. They was even holdin' human anatomy classes and everythin'! It was like a lunch a' nd learn sorta thing."
A group of tall teenagers look oddly at Cabadath. 'Keep your fingers down, infamous mage Cabadath! We've heard of your coming since years and years ago!
Cabadath points at the mirror, 'That's a portal.' smote winces and pulls his hands back behind him.
Cabadath says, OOC, '*oops*'
Nisaiya waits for the rest to speak, looking at the ZBI curiously.

A group of tall teenagers say 'Don Perignon? That man? You mean... Those Sixthday evening get-togethers? We thought it was a book club!'
Cabadath winces and pulls his hand back behind him, nodding at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human, 'I think there may be pots with people on the kitchen yet.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'Well, kinda... but it was like... a human learnin' class fer devils.'

The portal's makeshift curtain hole is velcro-ed up.

Nisaiya frowns, 'Something fishy is happening here.'.
A group of tall teenagers react with some degree of exaggerated surprise. 'Alright folks, very nice work. We will take it from here.'. They go to the mirrored wall and start tapping on it excitedly with their fingers and produced metalled devices.
Saevitia asks Nisaiya 'Aye, do ya get the feelin' we might not 'ave gone back to the same place we came from?'
A group of tall teenagers say 'What's fishy?'
Cabadath peers at Saevitia.
Cabadath says 'Right...'
Cabadath asks 'How did YOU get here?'
Cabadath meant that at the ZBI.
Nisaiya says to the group, 'How old are you? You look barely old enough to handle a sword'.
Nisaiya asks 'How did you get in here? Where did you from?'
Saevitia whispers a shh to Nisaiya.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'Um... I think they're paid actors'

A group of tall teenagers bristle a bit, glancing at Saevitia nervously.
The lights go out.
Nisaiya suddenly pipes down.
Saevitia offers the teenagers a helpless shrug.
Cabadath winces.
Nisaiya glances innocently at Saevitia.
Saevitia winks at Nisaiya.

In the familiar darkness, you feel the air shift all around you.
One by one, the dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders come back on.
The purple curtains to the windows along the length of the tavern are pulled open one by one, allowing the light from the outside back in.
Dasiana stands behind the bar counter, finishing up the polishing of a glass. 'Welcome back to the Purple Haze. On behalf of the establishment, The Eels, and the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula herself, I extend to you our thanks for your time, and a little souvenir, as a gesture of our appreciation.' She waves at the four dolls of a familiar figure being laid out by some small masked and hooded figures on the counter.

You get a bag from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
a bag contains:
( 4) a hand puppet of Don Perignon (perfect)
drop bag
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

Cabadath gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Nisaiya blinks rapidly.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Nisaiya gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Saevitia gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Levine stands up from her seat in the corner of the tavern (maybe she was there this entire time), rolling up her sheets of parchment and nodding at the party and Dasiana, approaching as she stashes her stationery away. 'And so, that was The Supposed Mystery of Viversnare Manor,' she concludes, lifting her brows gently. 'They say, when you enter Oparil's Tower, you can still smell the aroma of meat roasting, or hear the sultry jazz playing in the dead of the night.'.

Saevitia wears a hand puppet of Don Perignon on her hands.
Saevitia moves a puppet on her hand...
A hand puppet of Don Perignon twirls his moustache.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a hand puppet of Don Perignon in a red suede pack.

Dasiana snickers at Saevitia.
Cabadath winces at you.

Dasiana injects the following after your mini speech 'But, you know, all these are just rumours anyway so it might not even be true! Who will ever really know?'.
Levine nods gently, detaching her gaze from Dasiana to regard the party. 'Please do feel free to send any truthful feedback you have regarding your experience of this session to myself.'.
You say 'Before we part ways, however, there is but one thing left to wrap up. Earlier, you had two opportunities to guess the reason for the disappearance of everyone at the Masquerade.'

Cabadath peers at Saevitia.
Nisaiya holds the puppet on her hand.
Saevitia stares at the sky.
Cabadath asks '...Who got it right?'

Levine glances at the antics with the puppets, returning her attention to the matter at hand. She sits at a table and shuffles through her papers.

Nisaiya claps her hands together, 'This was fabulous'.
You say 'I suppose it was difficult to tell, though Bunny had gotten fairly close, and the Captain had hit the nail on the head when it wasn't during guess-time.'
Saevitia gives a short nod of agreement towards Nisaiya, 'Aye, it was a pretty nice party, wasn't it?'.
Cabadath attempts to make Saevitia be quiet.
You ask 'Perhaps it would be prudent to go through the answers, then?'
Cabadath nods at you.

Levine takes a bit of time to re-read to see who got the closest.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head.

You say 'In the first round, Bunny guessed this: I believe the staff at the manor poisoned and killed all of the guests... and had enough time to tidy up the place to hide the evidence.'
You say 'The Captain said this: So my guess is that the Don Perignon is a doppelganger, he invited his guests an' consumed them to take their forms an' memories, an' he currently is disguised as 'Mister Twenty-One''
Levine said it with an attempt at the accent.
You say 'The mage, Cabadath, said: They've been put to sleep and abducted. With something on the food.'
You say 'And finally, the Coinmagus said: An upset wizard took everyone away, and locked them in a tower.'
Saevitia nods towards Nisaiya, 'Aye, classic, innit? A wizard did it.'.
You say 'Captain Saevitia got quite close, and the Coinmagus may have been somewhat close, as well.'
You nod at her.
Nisaiya nods.
Cabadath snickers.

You say 'In the second round of guessing..'
You say 'The Coinmagus said this: I believe the group of people were taken through a portal to another world, and kept hostage there, or maybe just chose to stay happily ever after.'
You say 'The mage, Cabadath, said this: Abducted... By something. Not because of the food, but because of... Something in the masks.'
Cabadath shrugs.
You say 'Bunny said this: I think the guests went through the mirror portal, which was only one direction... so they disappeared cause they are wherever the portal took 'em.'
You say 'And finally, the Captain said this: Aye, I'll guess that they were consumed by their alter-ego shadow plane selves.'
You say 'Bunny was quite close as well, and the Captain had used a key word 'consumed', which means nothing, but it was an interesting pun.'

You say 'I will, then, call it a draw between the Captain and Bunny. Both of you will get prizes, but a game of stone, parchment, dagger, to determine who gets what.'
The animated corpse of an evil twin steps forward obligingly with the sailcloth to facilitate the game.

Saevitia gets a glint in her eye, 'Another match. An' this time, it's personal.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human raises an eyebrow.
Cabadath snickers with Saevitia.
Saevitia nods at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
Cabadath says to A cocoa and caramel-haired female human '-Crush- her.'
Saevitia says to Cabadath 'Subtle.'

The most intense game of dagger, parchment, stone is to happen!

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human asks Saevitia 'Ya signset 1?'
Cabadath says to Saevitia 'My specialty.'
Nisaiya pats Saevitia on the shoulder, 'You have it!'.
Saevitia reaches her hand under the sailcloth, 'Aye! I will.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human readies a hand-sign.
Saevitia readies a hand-sign.

The animated corpse of an evil twin holds the cloths above the hands. She smiles. 'Ready?'.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods.
Who will win???????

Saevitia wiggles her hand around a little out of sight, but makes some motions against the sailcloth. Finally.. 'Ready'.

Saevitia throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Zia throws up the hand-sign for dagger!

Saevitia gasps.
Nisaiya blinks.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human giggles.

Ooooooh
Cabadath winces.
Nisaiya gassssssssps.
Cabadath says 'Thrilling.'

The animated corpse of an evil twin looks uncertainly at you. She repositions. 'Again.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human readies a hand-sign.

The Realms call for a rematch!

Nisaiya murmurs to Saevitia quietly.
Saevitia favours A cocoa and caramel-haired female human with a nod, 'Aye, an' once more unto the breach.'.

Contestants are readying their signs.......

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head with a smile, 'Dun-dun-DUN!'.
Saevitia readies a hand-sign.
Cabadath exclaims 'Stab her!'
Saevitia says 'Relax, Piergieron.'
Cabadath oddly tells himself to be quiet.
Nisaiya pats Cabadath on his back.

The animated corpse of an evil twin pulls the sailcloth away! 'Stone, parchment, dagger!'.

Saevitia throws out the hand-sign for stone!
Zia throws up the hand-sign for stone!

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human laughs!
Cabadath throws his hands up.

Ooooooh

Saevitia stares at the sky.

It's tense.
Very tense.

Cabadath conjures a crowd for a half-second, they gasp, and then they're gone.
The animated corpse of an evil twin twitches nervously.
The animated corpse of an evil twin says 'Again.'

Nisaiya chews her lip nervously.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human grins, 'I dare ya ta select parchment.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human readies a hand-sign.
Cabadath asks '...Wrap her?'
Saevitia wiggles her eyebrows toward Nisaiya.
Cabadath exclaims 'Doesn't sound as-- Oh, choke!'
Nisaiya winks at Saevitia.
Saevitia readies a hand-sign.

The Realms cheer for either side. Captain Saevitia Marshall on the one hand, and Bunny, Rabbit, you name her, you call her, on the other hand!

The animated corpse of an evil twin exclaims 'Stone, parchment, dagger!'
Saevitia throws out the hand-sign for parchment!
Zia throws up the hand-sign for stone!
Cabadath cheers.

The battle is WON

Cabadath says 'Hah! Called it.'
Saevitia wraps the stone up in her parchment hand!
Nisaiya comforts Saevitia, 'Good effort'.

But alas, everyone is a winner!

Nisaiya cheers.
Cabadath blinks.
Cabadath asks 'Oh?'
Captain Saevitia won this one though.
Saevitia wiggles her brows at Nisaiya, 'Parchment beats stone, though?'.
Cabadath says 'Aw.'
Nisaiya says 'Oh, wait I read that wrong'
Cabadath nods at Saevitia.
Nisaiya exclaims to Saevitia 'You win!'
Cabadath snickers with Nisaiya.
Nisaiya cheers for Saevitia.
Saevitia grins at Nisaiya.

No, no, we are all winners in our own hearts.
Cabadath exclaims 'Yay!'

Only Captain Saevitia and Bunny get the prizes.
Sorry Cabadath.

Saevitia says, OOC, 'But only Bunny is, really, because the rest of us gave our hearts away.'
Cabadath grumbles.
Cabadath says 'Tease.'
Cabadath shakes his fist at the skies.
Cabadath does that politely.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, '*grins*'
Levine punches Cabadath in the heart.
Cabadath dies thrice.
Nisaiya pats Cabadath.
Saevitia pats Cabadath on his back.
Nisaiya says to Cabadath 'I can think of a few people who wouldn't mind if that happens. I'm sorry.'
Nisaiya stares at the sky.
Cabadath says to Nisaiya 'Oh, i can too.'

Levine unloads a wooden house from her box, a box from a box. 'To Captain Saevitia, a miniature dollhouse. Each of the rooms are designed carefully, and the kitchen smells a little of roasted meat.'.
You get a miniature dollhouse of Viversnare Manor from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
Cabadath asks 'May we see?'
Saevitia says 'Oh, aye, that's lovely, ain't it? I mean, I don't like dolls or anythin', but- I'll take it, for sure. I'm sure I've got somewhere I can put it back home.'
Levine makes a show of the dollhouse. 'Only one of a kind. The gods cannot duplicate intricate detail.'.
You drop a miniature dollhouse of Viversnare Manor.
Nisaiya gasps.
Cabadath whistles slightly offkey.

Levine shifts the dollhouse on the table and gestures for Saevitia to come over.
Nisaiya says to Saevitia 'That's gorgeous'
Saevitia says to Nisaiya 'Aye, it's a lovely piece o' work. Such intricate details.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human nods her head, 'Mighty pretty.'.
Saevitia says to Nisaiya 'You can see the silverware sparklin'.'

A stereotypical amateur painter hurries out and has his charcoal posed on his canvas, ready to sketch the prize presentation at top speed.

Nisaiya says to Saevitia 'If you ever have a daughter, or something in the future, perfect toy ever.'
Cabadath nods at Nisaiya.

Levine motions to Saevitia and the painter. 'We need to pose for the painting.'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human wrinkles her nose, 'Yea, sweetie... this is a replica o' where they done had devils eatin' humans fer dinner.'.

You say 'Sketch for now, the painter will paint later.'

Saevitia very carefully plucks up the doll house in both hands and looks over the tiny carvings with something resembling a sincere smile.
Saevitia blinks, then moves to sit down where she can be painted, 'Aye. Oh.' She hands the dollhouse briefly to Nisaiya, 'Look after it for a moment, eh?'.
Levine curves her lips up into some sort of a pained smile for the painter, then drops it promptly.
Levine clarifies that the painting is done.
Cabadath winces at you.
Saevitia sits down and relaxes.

You get a glamorous oil painting of thirteen masticators at a sumptuous repast in a gilt frame from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Twelve impeccably-dressed masked figures of varying shapes and
sizes dine along one side of a long table, decked with sumptuous
repast. In the centre, an unmasked man in a starched white blouse
with a fitted slim-lapelled coat and a bowtie looks on shrewdly
at the viewer, mouth twisted into a mini scowl beneath a pencil
moustache. The table is filled beyond measure with exquisitely
plated meat dishes.

Nisaiya holds the dollhouse in both hands, smiling happily at Saevitia over it, 'Of course'.
Levine pulls out a 4.6m x 8.8m painting from the box.
Levine lays it on the table and tips it up. 'And for Bunny, a spectacular painting depicting The Penultimate Supper.'.

You drop a glamorous oil painting of thirteen masticators at a sumptuous repast in a gilt frame.
You say 'Because they continued at Charlie's.'
Nisaiya laughs.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human blinks and looks at the oil painting. She then looks at her pack and then looks at the painting.
Cabadath whistles slightly offkey.

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, '4.6 meters by 8.8 meters?'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'It's very, very large.'
You say, OOC, 'Yurrp. I googled the dimensions of The Last Supper.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'VERY'
You say, OOC, 'There are interesting tidbits on the original paintings, etc.'
You say, OOC, '..I researched before designing it.'
Cabadath says, OOC, '...Neat.'
You say, OOC, 'I think the original was a mural.. that's actually compromised already.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human furrows her brow as she looks at her pack again. She taps her chin.
You say, OOC, 'I might be conflating paintings, but I don't think so!'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a glamorous oil painting of thirteen masticators at a sumptuous repast in a gilt frame.

Cabadath gazes thoughtfully at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human and says 'Hmmm.'
Levine looks impassively at the size of the painting, clearly not seeing an issue.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human drops a glamorous oil painting of thirteen masticators at a sumptuous repast in a gilt frame.

Saevitia says, OOC, 'I thought it was a fresco.'

Cabadath asks 'levine May i uh... Resize it?'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human gets a glamorous oil painting of thirteen masticators at a sumptuous repast in a gilt frame.
You blink at him in disbelief.
You ask Cabadath 'Resize -art-?'
Cabadath says to you 'It'll retain detail.'
Saevitia blinks at Cabadath in disbelief.
Cabadath says to you 'Pocket planes.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'Um...'
Cabadath says to you 'Else she'll be robbed blind on walking out...'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human asks 'Somma us don't got no walls ta hang this on?'
Cabadath stares at the sky.

You say, OOC, 'Bunny, just a quick note.'
You say, OOC, 'That painting is actually a restrung parchment.'
You say, OOC, 'So, be careful when you hold it and note write.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'kek'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'Ah... that could be a problem :)'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Wonder how hard it'd be to remove that uh, command? From the painting'
You say, OOC, 'I haven't ever tried titling that parchment, but either way! If you lose the desc. I have it.'
You say, OOC, 'It's also got some benefits, in case some kid dirties your painting and one day you decide you want to add detail to the desc too.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I'm still more worried about what Bunny is going to do with something big and bulky'
You say, OOC, 'Sell it in the black market.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Trampoline.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'that's probably where it was going to end up'
Saevitia gets a miniature dollhouse of Viversnare Manor.


OOC DISCUSSION ZONE:
You say, OOC, 'Alright, my next smote is to leave, but I wanted to thank all of you for attending!'
Saevitia stops using a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Saevitia puts a hand puppet of Don Perignon in a miniature dollhouse of Viversnare Manor.
You say, OOC, 'This took three hours, which I think is pretty good.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, '*hugs* Thanks for putting all this effort into a scene'
Cabadath stops using a bloodstone raven skull mask.
Cabadath straps a piece of magically contained fire around his head.
Saevitia carefully poses the puppet of Don Perignon at the head of the table in the dining room.
Cabadath nods at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
You say, OOC, 'Seriously, I wanted to reward all of ya'll so many times.'
You say, OOC, 'That glowing pastry, that holding the knife by the hilt.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Thank you lots for everything, all gorgeous.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Thanks for putting it together! The glowing pastry was great, yep.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'the funny thing is... it does dmg!!!'
You say, OOC, 'The thrilling parchment stone dagger, stone dagger parchment, dagger parchment stone game.'
You say, OOC, 'Does it really!?'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, '1d2!'
You say, OOC, 'Sheeet.'
Saevitia says, OOC, '.. the painting?'
You say, OOC, 'Is it made of paper?'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Use it, for everything that's pretty, use it'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'that's why I wanted it :)'
Saevitia looks at A cocoa and caramel-haired female human.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human wields a blue origami knife in her right hand.
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Bunny, the Origami Killer.'
You cower away from her.
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'THANK YOU SO MUCH!'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'This was amazing and so awesome'
You say, OOC, 'Thank YOU!'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'I am glad I got pulled in, and could stay'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'distributes thank yous'
You say, OOC, 'Me too!!'
Saevitia nods her head in agreement with Nisaiya.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'Oh, that's nothing... just a piece of paper'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human stabs with the paper!
You say, OOC, '"Just a piece of paper" she said.'
Cabadath bleeds out from PAPER CUTS.
Levine got punched in the heart.
Nisaiya dies from a papercut.
You say to Cabadath 'I never would have seen him going that way.'
You say 'Wizards.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'coat it with poison!'
You say, OOC, 'Next mystery!??!?'
You say, OOC, 'Poisoned papercuts.'
Cabadath nods at you.
Saevitia says, OOC, 'The special delivery you don't want to receive.'
You say, OOC, 'Find the specific papercut. We'll be visiting different papercuts.'
You say, OOC, ':('
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'A rabbit talks about being late! (for the antidote)'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'That's not a rabbit.. It's a rabite!'
Cabadath stretches luxuriously. Makes you want to, doesn't it?
You blink at her in disbelief.
Cabadath over-saturates on puns.
You say, OOC, 'Alright, there might be more things that I am happy to stay to discuss!'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a glamorous oil painting of thirteen masticators at a sumptuous repast in a gilt frame in a red suede pack.
You say, OOC, 'All the different possibilities.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human stops using a blue origami knife.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human holds a pink origami heart in her right hand.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human stops using a pink origami heart.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a pink origami heart in a red suede pack.
Nisaiya asks after a moment, 'What would have happened had we detained Don?'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a blue origami knife in a red suede pack.
You say to Nisaiya '...The same thing.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a coral raven skull mask in a red suede pack.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a piece of wrapping cloth in a red suede pack.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human puts a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet in a red suede pack.
You say to Nisaiya 'The ZBI would come over and take over from there.'
Nisaiya says to you 'Oh. Well, that makes it fun either way.'
Cabadath nods at Nisaiya.
Nisaiya puts a piece of winterfest sugar candy in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a darksteel raven skull mask in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a small silver mirror in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a minced meat tart in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a tweed deerstalker cap in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Nisaiya puts a hand puppet of Don Perignon in a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
You say to Nisaiya 'Can't give the citizens too much power.'
Saevitia taps her nose, 'Aye, an' more important to keep the secret.'.
Saevitia glances at Cabadath.
Cabadath asks you 'What was the last expected event?'
You say 'You were all very imaginative with the possibilities.'
Saevitia says 'Keep the secret. Cabadath.'
Cabadath raises an eyebrow at Saevitia.
Cabadath asks Saevitia 'Why would i be unable to?'
Saevitia says to Cabadath 'Eh, I'm joking. I'm sure you'll be fine.'
Cabadath peers at Saevitia.
Cabadath nods at Saevitia.
Cabadath flaunts his top-hat, 'I'm really bad at secrets.' , and then taps the side of his nose with a grin.
You say to Cabadath 'If you had not worn the masks, the devils would have been much quicker with sending you to the kitchen.'
Cabadath asks 'Oh, can i flaunt the mask out of here?'
You say to Cabadath 'You can.'
Cabadath grins.
You say 'Those are one of a kind.'
Saevitia says to Cabadath 'But, ya can't say where you got it from.'
Cabadath stops using a piece of magically contained fire.
Cabadath places a piece of magically contained fire loosely around his neck.
Cabadath says 'Well of couse.'
Cabadath straps a bloodstone raven skull mask around his head.
You say 'The subsequent ones will have the standard raven masks, and whatever masks I can find in the Realms.'
You nod at him.
Cabadath nods.
Cabadath asks 'Oh, and this?'
Cabadath stops using magnificent blue-black silk gloves.
You say 'All the clues, if you wished to discuss them, I will be here for a little while, yet.'
Cabadath wears a hand puppet of Don Perignon on his hands.
You say to Cabadath 'That is fine.'
Cabadath nods at you.
You say to Cabadath 'Ah, the owner of my brain should explain the joke.'
Saevitia says 'Aye, I was a little surprised that Mister Twenty-One wasn't involved somehow. He seemed awfully guilty to me.'
Cabadath moves a puppet on his hand...
A hand puppet of Don Perignon xx rolls his neck.
Cabadath moves a puppet on his hand...
A hand puppet of Don Perignon rolls his neck.
Cabadath moves a puppet on his hand...
A hand puppet of Don Perignon nods at Saevitia.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says to Saevitia 'I think... he is guilty. Of knowin' what happened ta his brother and not doin' anythin' 'bout it.'

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_Perignon

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'After all, it was his clue 'bout the food'
Saevitia asks A cocoa and caramel-haired female human 'Aye, but here's a question. Was the receptionist also a devil, do ya think?'
Nisaiya nods.
You say 'Ah, that was a clue, as well - the food.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'So he had ta know what was in the food and that was why he left... but he discovered this without the devils knowin''
You say 'The food did not sit well with him.'
Cabadath says 'Maybe he couldn't warn his brother without raising suspicion...'
You say 'He had not made it to the feast itself - they were stuffing the demihumans with human meat for appetisers.'
Cabadath says 'Or maybe he didn't feel like it.'
You say 'I suppose I should have left some appetisers for show in the beginning.'
Nisaiya wrinkles her nose up.
Cabadath says 'Zhentillars can be selfish too, just like anyone.'
Cabadath makes a dramatic pose, 'Not as much as a Waterdhavian, of course.'.
Saevitia says to Cabadath 'Maybe we should've asked him if he inherited from his brother.'
Cabadath points at Saevitia.
Cabadath says 'There we go.'
Cabadath asks 'Rich people kill family over money, don't they?'
You say 'Evil people do.'
Cabadath says 'I kill them over spite. Not quite diferent.'
Cabadath asks 'Then not quite the same?'
Cabadath shrugs.
You say to Cabadath 'I jest.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'I guess... when he said 'What was his brother' makes more sense now knowin' the outcome'
Cabadath says 'Oh, me to.'
Cabadath fake laughs.
Cabadath says 'Too.'
You say 'And the pink invitations.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says 'His brother ended up bein' ... what, not so much who'
You say 'Those were for the demihumans. It said to come with an empty belly.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'When you said text heavy, i expected thrice as much text, but then again, i'm prolly out of the standard deviation'
You say 'So it would not taint their meat.'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'I found it really easy to keep up with!'
Cabadath nods at Nisaiya.
You say, OOC, 'Oh, that's great! I tried to inject mini activities consistently.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I found it really easy to keep up...'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'The pace was great too'
You say, OOC, 'Oh that's a huge relief.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'The length was perfect, I think!'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'That too'
You say, OOC, 'It was my #1 concern. Also then I started seeing loopholes when we were RPing....'
You say, OOC, 'So I did quick patching ups. Shhh.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'That's the DM's job'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Or GM'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'The Devil Master.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Or Keeper'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'The Chef'
You say, OOC, 'Editing the script as I went. You guys really got me with the counting the number of seats and devils and such.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'The Keeper keeps shots out of net.'
You say, OOC, 'Did I give the Dom Perignon link already?'

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_Perignon

A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'yep'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'yup'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'Yeah!'
You say, OOC, 'I'm going to explain the joke anyway.'
You say, OOC, 'I changed it to Don Perignon to sound like a mafia boss.'
Cabadath says, OOC, '*Sagenods*'
You say, OOC, 'And then I heard this joke once.'
You say, OOC, 'You're so stupid that you think Dom Perignon is a mafia boss.'
Cabadath says, OOC, '...Did not sound like a mafia boss tho...'
You say, OOC, 'Which I thought was hilarious so.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'For me anyway'
You say, OOC, 'I couldn't study mafia boss accents T.T'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'HAH! Great joke'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Don, no?'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'blending of grapes... blending of bodies?'
You say, OOC, 'Didn't really get it.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Just do Don Corleonne'
Nisaiya says, OOC, 'Poppin' bottles for days'
You say, OOC, 'But the Perignon joke!'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Which is a half paralyzed face'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Awesome joke, 10/10 would hear again'

You say 'Ah, and the pink invitations, they were for the demihumans, telling them to keep their systems clean.'
You say 'And the blue invitations were for the devils to know to step through the portal.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Nods'
You say 'That is why there were two types of invitations.'
Saevitia says 'Aye, that's an interestin' thought. Of course, how an animal eats affects its flavour.'
You nod at her.
Cabadath nods at Saevitia.
Cabadath says to Saevitia 'That's why i pur--'
Cabadath coughs loudly.
Cabadath says 'Nothing.'
You say 'Other clues..'
You say 'The meat truly gave it away. To recap..'

Levine draws up a projector screen even though she cannot do illusions.
> dasianaecho {60}Saevitia reaches for a knife (and there surely is a knife in the kitchen) to take apart one of the tarts and examine the meat.. to see if it is made with people..!
Saevitia reaches for a knife (and there surely is a knife in the kitchen) to take apart one of the tarts and examine the meat.. to see if it is made with people..!

Nisaiya smiles at you, 'It was a very clever and well put together'.
Cabadath says, OOC, 'The thing with planning investigation things is that the clues never are as out there for everyone as they are for who thought them up'
You say to Nisaiya 'Ah, I have the Eels and Dasiana to thank.'
Saevitia says, OOC, 'Yes, it's real tricky getting that right.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Don't worry though, you did great'
You say, OOC, 'I got nervous when Saevitia smoted that, and Zia got clooose.'
Saevitia nods, 'Aye, it's all I've heard about in the Eel Grotto for the past few tendays.'.
You say, OOC, 'Naw, the clues are meant to be subtle.'
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Usually what you want to do is make lots of them'
Cabadath says, OOC, '*vomits ideas*'
Levine takes the vomit.
You say to Saevitia 'They.. learnt quickly.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human is the same person who was able to solve Mele riddle thing.
You nod at her.
Cabadath says, OOC, 'Show offfff'
Saevitia nods at you, 'Aye, they're pretty smart. But don't tell them I said that.'.
You say to Saevitia '..They may still be in the shadows, awaiting my cue for them to leave.'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'the Jabberwocky thing is what threw me off :)'
Cabadath bows at you, 'With your permission, other matters draw me away.'.
Saevitia sighs, 'Well, fine...'.
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human says, OOC, 'I was waiting to stab something with my origami knife!'
You say 'Ah, and had any of you eaten the tarts and buns, it would have been amusing later.'
Saevitia shakes her fist at the shadows.
Cabadath eats a tiny savoury pastry.
You say to Cabadath 'Of course.'
You gasp at him.
Cabadath asks 'These are just props, right?'
A cocoa and caramel-haired female human was actually tempted to eat...
You nod at him.
Cabadath munches at the pastry.
Cabadath says 'Great.'
You get a minced meat tart from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You get a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a minced meat tart.
You drop a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
You get a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a bottle of 1033DR Evereskan Scarlet.
Saevitia says 'Aye, ya never eat the food at haunted and mysteroius manors. Same goes with strange islands. It's just common sense.'
You say to Cabadath 'Thank you for your attendance, and for assisting with gathering this party, as well.'
Cabadath says 'I ate people with a reclusive tribe way out east-- Oh, it was my pleasure. Saevitia helped with the other half of the gathering, anyway.'
You say 'I will do subsequent runs of The Mystery, should more parties be interested.'
Cabadath says 'I'll be certain to advertise.'
You say to Cabadath 'Ah, is that so? Very well.'
Cabadath moves a puppet on his hand...
A hand puppet of Don Perignon nods at you, 'Me too!'.

FIN


End Part 2 of 2.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:13 am

Run #2: Alessandra, Amira (and her baby), Celric

Part 1 of 2:

The Market Street
N-Bank of Waterde E-The Market Squa W-The Market Stre
A hive of activity, the market bustles with the comings and goings of vendors
and shoppers. Carts displaying all manner of goods line the streets and the
air seems dusty from the constant foot traffic. To the north stands an austere
building with a coin symbol above the door.
The sky is warm and stormy and a cool northern breeze blows.
Celric is leaning against the wall of the bank.

> l celric
This male stands at five feet and eight inches at full height. His body is of a
medium frame, neither bulky nor scrawny, and weighs roughly a hundred and
fourty four pounds. His limbs are well-proportioned to his body, compact with
lean muscle. His skin shines with health, tan but not darkly so. His abdomen
and chest are also without any excess, holding the form of a fighter without
quite the muscle of a trained warrior. Along his left side, just over his
hip, runs a deep, vertical scar.

His face is youthful, but gone clearly are the days of childhood. This young
adult's features are mature, and framed by two obviously human ears. His
jawline is clearly defined, strong and highset, with firm, unblemished skin
following sharply down to a nonetheless rounded chin. His small nose rests
center on his face, just below his comparatively large eyes of rich brown
colour. Within them, his pupils are very thinly ringed with a dark shade of
blue-green. his thin eyebrows of the same colour as his hair lie just over
them.

His hair lets off a healthy sheen. The colour is very dark, appearing almost
black save for when viewed in the correct lighting, under which it is
revealead to be a very dark blue. It lies on top of his head somewhat messy,
with some hair splaying out in odd directions. Largely, though, it hangs from
his head in full layers. This shaggy mess covers his ears and comes down in
length to the back of his neck. His hair hugs against the sides of his face
with wavy curls just at the end. In the front it might even cover his face in
length were his dark hair not presently brushed off to the side, so that it
only partially covers one of his eyes, continuing or working off this natural
waviness in a well maintained style not entirely without resemblance to the
mane of an animal.

Upon the right side of his chest, just infront of his shoulder is a black
circle, a single black dot in the middle of it. Around this circle, what
almost appear to be lines of black flames flare off of it in a billowing
pattern in one direction, across the left side of his chest and abdomen and
flowing down his left side to just above his scar, covering his arm in these
patterns all the way to his wrist. These 'flames' are thrown all around
across his back, continuing in that same singular direction, and they creep
all along his right arm in straight lines.

His skin is covered in flakes and the tint of gold paint.

A dark-haired, brown-eyed male human is in perfect health.
Celric is using:
<worn on finger> a silvery band of linked stars brushed with lunar colors (perfect)
<worn on ears> a single half moon stud (perfect)
<worn around face> A silk eyepatch inset with a gemmed scrimshaw eye (perfect)
<worn around neck> the greatest scarf ever (perfect)
<worn as symbol> eyes ringed by stars on a moonstone pendant (perfect)
<worn on body> a pocketed long coat stitched with a motif of bloody sunsets (perfect)
<worn on body> a close-fitting dark shirt (superb)
<worn on legs> a leather quiver stamped with a wolf (superb)
<worn on legs> black velvet breeches (perfect)
<worn on feet> some tight leather foot-wrappings (perfect)
<worn about waist> a black silk belt with delicate silver embroidery (perfect)
<worn around wrist> (Glowing) a woven pink friendship bracelet (perfect)
<worn around wrist> a festoon of linked leaves with carved moonstone charms (perfect)
<floating around> a tiny red faerie dragon (perfect)
<worn on belt> a prismatic large bag with silver embellishment (perfect)
<worn on belt> a leather bow scabbard stamped with a wolf (perfect)


Alessandra looks at Celric.
Alessandra wiggles her fingers in a little wave to Celric.
Levine slows slightly, gaze shifting in search, settling on Celric in the end. 'An attendee. Introductions when the party meets, I suppose?'.
You ask Celric 'Are we ready to depart?'
Celric looks at Alessandra.
Celric looks at you.
Celric smiles at you, and returns a wiggly-fingered wave to Alessandra, 'Ah, yea. When you are.'.

You begin to chant.
You utter an incantation, and a gate forms in front of you!

> Arrive at The Purple Haze Tavern

You tell Hostelner 'Please, come in if you will.'
The purple door opens.
Hostelner walks in from the east.
Dasiana sways between the tables effortlessly, managing to smile at Hostelner as she does.
Dasiana says to Hostelner 'Good evening. Sit where it please you.'
Dasiana says to Hostelner 'Welcome to The Purple Haze.'
Dasiana adds a wink at Hostelner.
Alessandra looks at Hostelner.
Hostelner smiles brightly 'Ah, good morning'.
Dasiana weaves her way through the tables, smiling at Hostelner, Alessandra, and Celric. 'I'll be right with you!' she calls out, giving an extra wink to you. 'Just let me...' She starts rounding up the last of the tavern's patrons to usher them out to end her shift.
Levine moves towards a table, beginning to arrange her belongings upon it. 'Perhaps, introductions first?'.

You hold a key printed with a small rune in your right hand.
You unlock a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock with a key printed with a small rune.
You open a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Hostelner says to you 'Oh my, yes of course.'
Celric stretches his arms out at his sides, smiling over at Dasiana with a nod.
Hostelner turns towards the others 'I am Master Hostelner Blackthorn. Lovely to see you all'.
Hostelner greets you.
Alessandra waves to Dasiana and says cheerfully, 'I'm Lessa. Alessandra for long.'.
Alessandra greets you.
Hostelner looks at Alessandra.
Levine sniffs gently, wandering her dark gaze over to Celric. 'And the mystery man here?'.
Celric moves over to the table you picks out, pacing around the other side. He kicks out the leg of one of the chairs, and catches the back of it as it spins, dropping down backwards in the chair. He folds his arms across the back of the chair, and rests his chin on them, '.. Hm? Oh, that's me. I quite like that, 'Mystery man'.. Makes me sound a bit impressive, doesn't it?'.
Celric grins over at Alessandra, tilting his head aside, 'Celric. Milani. Nice to meet ya.'.
Celric greets you.
Levine narrows her gaze gently, brows lifting for a brief moment in response. 'Milani,' she echoes in some sort of conclusion. 'A varied audience. I must express my deepest pleasure to receive everyone here today.' She glances towards Dasiana. 'Are we ready to begin?'.
Dasiana asks 'Could I have two volunteers to nail the signs down outside each entrance, please?'

x2:
You drop a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
You drop a sturdy iron nail.

Hostelner gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
Hostelner gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
Hostelner gets a sturdy iron nail.
Hostelner gets a sturdy iron nail.
Hostelner says 'A moment then.'
Hostelner walks west.

Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh.
Dasiana wipes down the bar counter with a practised speed, like she's been doing this for years. Maybe even centuries.
Alessandra says to Dasiana 'You got one.'
Dasiana asks 'One what?'
Alessandra says to Dasiana 'Volunteer.'
Alessandra adds, quirking a little smile, 'Doing the work of two.'.
Hostelner walks in from the east.
Dasiana says 'I hoped for two, really.'
Dasiana looks disappointed.
Celric tells Dasiana apologetically, 'I'd have helped.'.
Hostelner carefully dusts his hands and looks up saying 'Oh my. Quite sorry then.'.
You say 'I sense a likely new candidate in the rumours brought to me by the winds.'
Hostelner smiles.
Celric sucks in air through his teeth, glancing over Alessandra, 'So.. -Not- her daughter, is that right?'.
Alessandra wrinkles her nose in a little smile at Celric. 'Whose? Dasiana's?'.

You say, OOC, 'Waiting on Amira :)'

Levine pulls some clean sheafs of parchment from her satchel, pulling on a ribbon to release them from their rolls into a heavy, neat pile. She adjusts them as she observes the exchange between Celric and Alessandra quietly.

Celric motions briefly toward you, grinning at Alessandra, 'Hers. But is it actually Dasiana?'.

> l host
elner
Here before you is a rather tall male halfelf. He is still slender though his small
muscles tend to ripple here and there. He has wavy light brown hair that curls
up right after his ear lobes. His brown eye brows lead down into brilliant
blue eyes. Following his eyes, you see his short, pointy nose, followed by pale
red lips. This young fellow seems to have amazing facial bone structure, as his
strong chin and cheekbones protrude from his face.

A tall, handsome male halfelf is in perfect health.
Hostelner is using:
<worn on finger> (Glowing) a red gold signet ring engraved with the Blackthorn crest (perfect)
<worn on finger> a rosewood ring decorated with an oak leaf (perfect)
<worn on ears> (Glowing) (Humming) bright earrings (perfect)
<worn on neck> a glittering sapphire necklace (perfect)
<worn as symbol> a toothed metal cog on a chain (perfect)
<worn on body> a shimmering cloak with a cold iron clasp (perfect)
<worn on body> a dun wizard robe (perfect)
<worn on head> a white titanium circlet set with rubies (perfect)
<worn on legs> fine silk pantaloons (perfect)
<worn on feet> a pair of buckled red silk ankle boots (perfect)
<worn on hands> gloves of threaded rakshasa hair (perfect)
<worn on arms> a simple cloth shoulder-bag (perfect)
<worn on arms> gold-laced leather sleeves (perfect)
<worn about waist> a red belt of energy (perfect)
<worn around wrist> a bracelet of intertwined gears (perfect)
<worn around wrist> a black rune-covered bracelet (perfect)
<both hands> a sapphire and obsidian tipped titanium quarterstaff (perfect)
<floating around> (Glowing) an emerald-encrusted white gem ioun stone (perfect)
<worn on belt> a fine silk fiery red spellpouch (superb)
<worn on belt> a leather-bound wooden scabbard (perfect)
<worn on belt> a leather-bound wooden knife sheath (perfect)

Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh. 'No. I -am- Minalde's daughter, though.'.
Celric blinks, 'Minalde...' he squints a moment in thought, glancing off to the side, '.. Isn't that a bard? Like a famous sort'f one?'.
Levine tilts her head to the side gently, looking towards Hostelner now, but then goes back to Celric at the query. 'Quite so,' she confirms.
Hostelner rubs the back of his neck as he listens.
Levine pulls a quill from a string on her belt and sets it atop the parchments. 'I had the honour of meeting with her, albeit briefly, earlier. She may have joined this eve, but it seems she had retired for the night.'.
Celric leans back in his seat, drumming his fingers against the back of the chair, 'I haven't exactly read all her works, but I've definitely heard them before.'.
Levine emits a soft sniff, her own arms finding the back of a chair as she rests them there absently. 'Pardon the wait,' she offers. Looking to Hostelner, a faint crease forms between her brows. 'I have not seen yourself for quite some time, though perhaps you may favour the Deep as a place to call home?'.
Alessandra says to Celric 'Ohh, you should absolutely read her work at your earliest convenience.'
Hostelner smiles over at you 'Oh, well I suppose it has been quite some time since I've been about the populated areas of Faerun.'.

Amira tells you 'Good morning. I have heard there is something going on in the Purple Haze. You wouldn't happen to be in Zhentil Keep and have a gate prepared, would you? Savina and I would like to attend'

You say to Hostelner 'I do enjoy listening to the many variations of how one would describe these populated areas. I, myself, call them well-travelled roads.'
Hostelner says to you 'Well Tethyr is my home. Though, I am currently somewhat of a political refugee. Blackthorns are not so welcomed in that region at the moment'
You tell Amira 'You are most welcome, Amira. Are you in a place that can receive magical portals?'
Celric laughs lightly, with a nod to Alessandra, 'I'll keep that in mind!'.

You begin to chant.
You utter an incantation, and a gate forms in front of you!

Amira walks in from somewhere.

You say 'Our fourth comes with her child.'

> l amira
Being nearly six feet tall this woman's shape is defined by strong
muscles. Together with her small breasts and flat hip all these muscles make
her appear almost masculine.
Her face however forms a contrast to the rest of her body: a mass of
dark brown curls falls down on her shoulders, framing a petite face. Long
eyelashes surround dark brown eyes, which are so dark that they almost appear
black. Soft pink lips complete the face.

All in all this slightly tanned woman might have been called human, except
for the tail, which begins at the end of her spine, and the pair of black
leathery wings sprouting from her back.

The tail, which is usually twined around the woman's waist, is covered with
short, dark red fur and ends in a tuft of longer black hair.

The wings are of the same color as these longer hairs on the tail, but free of
any hair. Thin and leathery as they are, it almost seems impossible something
so fragile looking is able to lift this woman off the ground.

Those who know her might notice considerably larger breasts. She has also gained quite
some weight, making her otherwise muscular shape appear more soft.

A curly-haired female tiefling is in perfect health.
Amira is using:
<worn on finger> a bloodstone-encrusted blue iron ring (perfect)
<worn on finger> an earthstone-encrusted azure iron ring (perfect)
<worn on ears> a sharply thorned striped rose (perfect)
<worn around neck> an amulet of communication (perfect)
<worn on neck> a stone-studded green silver amulet (perfect)
<worn as symbol> a tiny nine-tailed barbed scourge on a chain (perfect)
<worn on body> a crochet blanket of soft yarn with a whip graph (perfect)
<worn on head> black silk and red lace hair ribbons (superb)
<worn on feet> crimson velvet slippers (perfect)
<worn on arms> a durable suede satchel (very good)
<worn about waist> a pink tail bow (perfect)
<worn around wrist> a bracelet of wickedly sharp thorns (perfect)
<worn around wrist> a decorative chain garrotte (perfect)
<left hand> a small female infant (perfect)
<floating around> a heavy blue gem ioun stone (perfect)
<worn on belt> a black leather weapon loop (perfect)
<worn on belt> a red leather purse (perfect)
<worn on belt> a curved steel scabbard (perfect)

Alessandra looks at Amira.
Celric leans over a little, saying to Alessandra, 'Maybe you'll teach me to read them, hey?'.
Celric looks at Amira.
Amira smiles, a child protectively in her arms.
Alessandra wrinkles her little nose while smiling at Celric. 'Ooooh. Maybe I will.'.
Hostelner looks at Amira.
You say to Amira 'We have just set some signs outside to close The Haze. Dasiana is just finishing up her work.'

The last patrons of the night leave grudgingly, if not drunkenly, for the streets.

Alessandra looks over at Amira, wiggling her fingers in a little wave. 'Hello there. What a pretty little baby.'.
Levine lifts a brow, picking up a pile of papers and her quill, stepping back with her box. 'Introductions again, then?'.
Amira offers a proud smile to Alessandra 'Thank you. Her name is Savina Daunyelle... and mine is Amira'.

Alessandra says to Amira 'Nice to meet you. I'm Allessandra Allaire.'


A grubby man converses stubbornly with Dasiana, refusing to go.

Hostelner says to Amira 'Oh, well how lovely to meet you both! I am Hostelner Blackthorn'

A grubby man loses the argument but pretends he wins.

Alessandra watches the exchange with amusement.

And so, this grubby man bumps his head on the doorframe and expels a bitter curse on his attempt to make his way out through the western door.

Dasiana rolls her eyes and shares a conspiratorial look with a pursed smile with you all. 'Could someone close that door to the street-' Her finger points west. '-and push him out with it, please?'.

Hostelner steps back a bit.
Alessandra moves over to the door, offering a cheerful 'byyyye!' to the man as she all but shuts the door in his face.
Alessandra closes the purple door.
Celric glances off to the doorway, shaking his head slowly. He hops up from his chair, stepping quickly over to the door, 'Time'a go, mate.' he presses a hand on the man's shoulder, guiding him out the door and shoves the door shut.

Thud! Miss Allaire shoves the man out of The Haze.

Celric DOESN'T.
Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh.

Double thud! Celric helps!

Celric hums a little tune.

Because maybe Miss Allaire wasn't strong enough or something
.

Alessandra seems to agree.
Dasiana goes over to the other door to shut it too.

Thud! The eastern door shuts. Dasiana latches it.

Dasiana gestures to a clear space somewhere before the long bar counter, striding towards it herself while she talks. 'Would you all mind standing somewhere around there, please?'.
Hostelner claps a bit.
Hostelner slides elegantly toward the clear space.
Alessandra moves over by the bar to the clear space.
Levine obligingly goes over, ahead of everyone, to the clear space. She begins pulling things out of the box she cradles.
Amira moves to the clear space, always rocking the infant.

x4:
You drop a tweed deerstalker cap.
You drop a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.

Levine lays out the items on the counter, lifting her hand in a beckon to everyone. She dips her chin to Celric. 'Come. You are investigators now, like the great sage Sherlock Holmes.'.
Hostelner says 'Ah, tweed. The first choice of professors and detectives'
Hostelner gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Celric dusts his hands off on eachother, moving over to the bar counter. He leans one elbow against it, grinning at you, 'I've never heard of him. But I sound prettier.'.
You say to Hostelner 'As advertised.'
You say 'A coat and a cap for each of you.'
You say to Celric 'Ah, if only the world ran on prettiness.'
Celric peers into the box, 'Hmm..'.
Amira chuckles as she gets her items.

Alessandra dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon her head.
Alessandra fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on her body.
Alessandra dusts off her coat and lifts her chin haughtily.

Hostelner dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon his head.
Hostelner fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on his body.
Amira fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on her body.
Amira dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon her head.

Celric says to you 'It does, if you live my world.'
Celric winks at you.
You say to Celric 'If.'
Celric slings the half-cape around, tying it off deftly around his neck, and plops the hat on his head, 'I do love hats.'.
Celric dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon his head.

You say, OOC, 'Before we begin, just a quick OOC briefing.'
You say, OOC, 'Firstly, thank you for making the time to come for this little RPG in an RPG.'

Levine sniffs gently, giving Alessandra a subtle once-over and another nod of approval.
Celric stops using a pocketed long coat stitched with a motif of bloody sunsets.
Celric fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on his body.

You say, OOC, 'Fair warning, this is going to be very text-heavy, though if you tried to back out now I'd probably hurt inside.'
You say, OOC, 'But if you gotta go soon, we'll survive! :)'
You say, OOC, 'This RPG is mostly RP-based how interesting it would be depends on how you RP. There is a storyline, though, so its not like you can go "..and then I go and find Big Red." Spoiler alert, Big Red isnt in this story.'
You say, OOC, 'Because there is a possibility that there may be more runs of this, I ask that the contents of the following story be kept hush hush. It's all IC, and feel free to talk -about- it, but please don't spoil the story! Telling people who the parties who organised The Mystery were, how delightful it was, etc, all that is fair game.'
You say, OOC, 'At the same time, because I need more people to participate in this, I would appreciate that, if you saw potential for growth, or enjoyed yourself today, to assist with being a mouthpiece for THE MYSTERY. I'm trying to find out what people like, and what people don't.'
You say, OOC, 'As a sidenote, I actually have the concepts for the next three ready to be written, so if this one takes off, I will write more. If not, congratulations, and I'll see you at the next Party of the Tenday, fingers crossed.'
You say, OOC, 'Finally, The Mystery of Viversnare Manor was brainstormed and written by myself and Kaizera.'
You say, OOC, 'Who's Kaizera? She doesn't really play anymore, but we get together and talk sometimes, and she's great at helping me put my thoughts together into something usable here.'
You say, OOC, 'That would be.. Akiren or Rayen too.'
You say, OOC, 'Same person.'
You say, OOC, 'Thats all! Any questions?'
Hostelner claps his hands together.
Hostelner shakes his head.
Celric says, OOC, 'You lost me at no Big Red'
You say, OOC, 'GET OUT'
You say, OOC, 'noplscomeback'
Celric says, OOC, 'Jk, jk. No questions'
Celric snickers.
Alessandra says, OOC, 'No questions here. I'm excited. :D'
Amira says, OOC, 'If I stop responding I fell asleep on the laptop.. it is 3am... but I am determined!^^'
You say, OOC, 'Oh, one more thing. So I noticed we all have different RP speeds.'

(Alessandra’s) A tin lantern goes out.

You say, OOC, 'This one may be a little fast-moving, so I'll try to accomodate as much as possible, but..! Try to get a feel of each other, eh?'
You say, OOC, 'Sure!'

Dasiana arrives at the bar and spins round. 'Well then! Where do I begin?'.
The question is rhetorical.

The purple curtains to the windows shut along the length of the tavern one by one, shutting out the light from the outside.

The dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders go out.

The entire tavern is cast in complete darkness.

For the first time in decades, at least, (not counting the first run) the doors officially close on The Purple Haze Tavern.

The wind shifts around you despite the closed windows and doors.
Several youthful voices whisper in unison from around the room.

Celric glances around the room, and blinks. He adjusts the cap on his head, and quickly hides his glowing bracelet in a pocket to not ruin the effect.

'The Purple Haze Tavern'

'And the Eels of Zhentil Keep'

A small female infant nuzzles into Amira's arms, flicking Amira with their tail.
'The Raventhirst Case Files Presents'

'The Mystery of Viversnare Manor'


A lamp near the ceiling in front of you is lit, revealing Dasiana seated on a tall stool, leaning back against the bar casually.

Levine steps forward into the spotlight from the side, inclining her head politely. She cradles what seems to be some sheafs of parchment and a quill.

You say 'Thank you all for being in attendance to witness Dasiana's dramatic retelling of a Raventhirst Case File: The Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'

Dasiana offers a pleasant smile to the audience.

You say 'To give some background, the Raventhirst Case Files are a collection of old cases that have been closed for various reasons, in Zhentil Keep's crime archives.'

Hostelner smiles brightly.

Alessandra wrinkles her little nose while smiling at Dasiana.

Levine nods at Hostelner slowly. 'Exciting.'.
You say 'Through my conversations with Dasiana, I learnt of this one mystery from quite some time back concerning Viversnare Manor that had rather drawn my interest. Although the case has been closed, Dasiana heard many things over time that she took the creative liberty to piece together.'
You say 'The result, was so fascinating a theory to myself, that I had made some arrangements to see it played out.'
Levine turns to regard Dasiana with an arch of her brow. 'Without further ado, then?' She steps out of the spotlight and goes to her dark corner, setting up office briskly at a table and posing her quill upon parchment, ready to take notes.

The glow of the spotlight on Dasiana intensifies briefly, drawing your attention.

As she talks, you find yourself gripped by the tale. The waitress is, without a doubt, a master storyteller.

Dasiana says 'A long time ago, before Oparil's Tower was known as such, the building was owned by the rich, powerful, and fearsome merchant... Don Perignon.'
You notice a shadow of a man pop up on the wall behind Dasiana, illustrating her tale.

Celric leans in a little closer, paying rapt attention to Dasiana.
Dasiana says 'Not only was he a merchant, he was also in the elite ranks of the Zhentarim, and as a merchant, had a solid reputation for being as reliable as a merchant could be, as long as the price was right.'
Dasiana says 'Allies loved him. Enemies hated him.'
The silhouettes of crowns and coins rise up beside the figure, along with mobs cheering and booing Don Perignon.

Dasiana says 'Whatever the story, though, Don Perignon was famous. He was known for throwing wild parties with wild themes.'

Hostelner turns to Celric and says quietly 'Without a doubt, a masterful story teller.'.

You see wild parties and wild themes in the shadow puppet show.

Dasiana shoots Hostelner a look in the middle of speech, but she goes on and lowers her voice in a sinister manner. 'But not anymore.'.

The shadow puppets all disappear.

Dasiana asks 'Would anyone like to make a guess why that is?'

Alessandra gazes at Dasiana, her eyes squinting ever so slightly, and she glances at her fellow party members in silence for a moment.
Hostelner twiddles his fingers and speaks out 'I suppose because he is dead, yes?'.
Amira nods once to agree with Hostelner.
A small female infant nuzzles into Amira's arms, flicking Amira with their tail.
Celric holds up a hand, 'Worse'n that, isn't it? He's -disappeared-, never to be seen or heard from again?'.
Alessandra nods in agreement with Celric, her eyes wide as she whispers, 'Muuuurder?'.
Amira says 'Hopefully painful'

Dasiana nods slowly while she looks between all the offers. 'Murder, maybe! And yes, sir, disappeared. Never to be seen or heard from again.'.

Dasiana says 'Well, whatever it is, Don Perignon was last seen at his own party, which was a masquerade.'

Dasiana says 'Twenty one guests from various important backgrounds were in attendance. Twenty guests disappeared at that masquerade. Vanished without a trace.'

Dasiana says 'So one night, exactly one year from the masquerade, I met Mister Number Twenty-one right here in The Haze while on duty.'

The spotlight goes off. You are consumed by the darkness.

A crisp voice of a young boy sounds out from the darkness. 'You are about to embark on a dramatic interactive journey to investigate and discover the Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'

'There will be TWO stopping points where each of you will make a private guess on what happened to everyone at the masquerade.'

Celric blinks a few times, rubbing at his eyes as the darkness hostilely sets in again.

'Just contact the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula over there in the corner, well it's dark now, but just contact her via amulet with your guesses during these stopping points.'

'So make sure to keep your brains active, and keep your guesses to yourself! We will review all the guesses at the end of the story, and the first person to guess it right will win a little extra memento from the Lady!'

'And now, without further ado..."

A spotlight comes on behind you upon a small squarish table. Dasiana wears a fancy noble's man-robes.
A sign on the table reads 'Mister Number Twenty-one'
Dasiana looks pretty down in the dumps, brooding over her empty tankard at the table. It is quite the eyesore.

...
OOC: When you see three dots in succession, it means it is your turn to move!
OOC: You can do whatever you like, whenever you like, regardless.

Celric turns quickly around to the spotlight, squinting momentarily. He steps forward to the table then, resting his hand against the surface of the table, 'Hey, there. You're lookin' a bit of a mess tonight.'.

Alessandra taps her lip a few times and quietly moves over to examine the tankard.

Dasiana hiccups loudly. 'Do I?' She pats her robes down. 'Well, I'm not from around here, I must stick out like a sore thumb.'.
Dasiana says 'I'm just visiting to pay respects to my brother.'
Dasiana blinks very hard, like she's trying to squeeze out tears. 'Clean his niche and all... One year after that dreadful incident.'.

Celric nods his agremeent with Dasiana, 'Ya do at that.' he reaches over, pulling the empty tankard away from Dasiana, 'What's-' he ahs, 'Brother..?'.
Amira follows Celric to the table and takes a seat, watching Dasiana.
Alessandra glances up from the tankard, peering up at Dasiana with a little hmmmmm.

Dasiana stretches her fingers out for the tankard being dragged away from her, looking at Celric accusingly. 'I know my limits..! Yes, my brother!' She somehow looks unbothered by this sudden crowd around her, because it's make-believe.
Dasiana says 'He disappeared at that masquerade. Well, everyone disappeared. Except me.'
Dasiana says 'I was there, you know.'
Dasiana displays five of the six signs of survivor's guilt.
Alessandra folds her arms over her chest and assumes a scowl, standing next to Celric. She is the Bad Cop.
Dasiana looks between Celric and Alessandra, flustering quite suddenly. 'W-what!? Am I in trouble now? No, no, you don't understand!'.

You hear the soft scratching sounds of parchment on paper from the corner where Levine was last seen sitting.

Celric glances aside to Alessandra, and winks at her. He looks back to Dasiana,
and motions to the cup, 'At least get it filled, then.' he shakes his head, holding up his hands quickly, 'You're not in trouble, obviously. We just like to hear a story.'.
Hostelner frowns a bit as he listens to Dasiana. He then snaps his fingers and says 'Another beer for this poor man' he hands Dasiana another imaginary beer before saying 'Why were you there with your brother?'.
Celric glances aside again to Alessandra, and says quickly to Dasiana, 'Forgive my friend here, she has resting sour face.'.
Alessandra tilts her chin and sniffs suspiciously in Dasiana's direction, her scowl ever-present.

Some hushed whispers come from the shadows and suddenly, a small, hooded, masked figured runs out and swaps the cup for one that's filled with absinthe
You can hear some chastising from the shadows. 'Beer, not absinthe!'

Alessandra breaks character to say, 'I'll drink it if you're going dump it!'.
Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh.

Dasiana managed to get her eyes bright, looking to Celric and then Alessandra. She nods at Hostelner 'I was there--' She just pushes the mug over to Alessandra. 'I was there with my brother. We were both invited.'.
Celric picks up the tankard off the table top, still eyeing Dasiana, 'So. Tell us, what happened that night?' he asks, while lifting the cup to take a deep drink. He tries horribly not to cough and choke, and look in some way manly, while setting the mug back down.

Dasiana says 'I think the food didn't sit too well with me.'
Amira is still watching Dasiana, her tail hitting the chair she is sitting on 'Don't leave out any details'.

Alessandra oooos and scoops up the mug and takes a little drink. She places it back down and resumes her persona, folding her arms and scowling exaggeratedly.

Dasiana says 'We got there, had some appetisers... That was all. I went home first.'

Celric tilts his head aside, 'So you weren't there when anyone disappeared?'.
A small female infant nuzzles into Amira's arms, flicking Amira with their tail.
Dasiana watches the mug go from place to place, deciding to ignore it because she cannot deal. She assumes survivor's guilt again. 'Not at all. We didn't even know anyone disappeared.'.

Dasiana says 'When my brother didn't come back and it was way past noon, we started trying to find him.'
Dasiana says 'And then we realised that more people were missing.'
Dasiana says 'It was the friends and family who discovered the disappearances, and we discovered that they were all people who attended the masquerade. So we contacted the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigation.'
Dasiana breaks character and goes silent, watching, watching, like she has just one piece of information left to give.

Alessandra scowls up at Dasiana, leaning forward to ask, 'What did you ask 'em?' in a mock-gruff voice that is, truthfully, a bit much.
Dasiana shrinks back at Alessandra's attempt at what seems to be truly, a bit much. 'W-what? We asked them to go and investigate! March right up to Viversnare Manor, bust down the door and all!'.
Amira hmms 'And did they?'.

Alessandra tilts her head in a rough nod in Amira's direction.

Dasiana says 'Between you and me, the ZBI are very eager to bust down doors.'
Dasiana says 'The door they busted was the only sign of violence that was found.'
Dasiana says 'So the ZBI didn't find anything. Nothing was out of place.'
Dasiana stands up quite suddenly now, swaying on her feet, like she was trying to look drunk. 'There is simply no use dwelling on the past. I should sleep the intoxication off. Goodbye.'.
Dasiana stumbles out of the spotlight with a throaty gurgle and hiccup for good measure.

Celric brushes a hand back through his hair, 'What about the Center for Magical Containment? Did they find anything out of place, magic-wise?'.

Only silence greets Celric.
A cricket makes a cricket sound.
A small female infant's tail swings on its own.

Dasiana busts into the light, continuing her story as herself.
Dasiana says 'After this encounter, I collected so many details about the party bits here and pieces there.'
Dasiana says 'It all begins with a party invitation...'

The lights go down. It is dark again.
You hear some shuffling sounds behind you, a harsh, hushed whisper, a grunt, and a curse.
You feel something flutter in the darkness and fall delicately on your feet.

x4:
You drop a fragile sheet of white parchment.

A very dim light illuminates the place, and you see four fragile pieces of white parchment folded into an origami heart.
OOC: Do NOT give items to NPCs. Just emote it and drop them on the floor if need be.

Celric leans down slowly for the piece of parchment, smiling at the shape, 'So -pretty-.'.
Celric gets a fragile sheet of white parchment.

Behind your party, a row of standing torches have been set up, around what looks like a reception desk with bright cheery ornaments dangling off it.

Alessandra gets a fragile sheet of white parchment.

Dasiana sits at this desk looking somehow bored, and miserable through her mask, and very much like she is at a funeral. She rests her chin in her hand, perpetually on the verge of rolling her eyes.

Dasiana notices the party, finally succumbing to eye-rolling.

Amira reaches down to get the little parchment heart.
Amira gets a fragile sheet of white parchment.

Dasiana goes 'WelcometotheMasqueradeatViversnareManor.Businessorpleasure?' she drawls without taking a breath, like she's said this a million times before.

Celric turns on his heels, grinning at Dasiana. He adjusts the cup on his head, and brushes out his cape before striding forward, 'Why not both?'.

Dasiana looks up at Dasiana, unimpressed by the answer. 'Yeah, whatever. You look like you're just pleasure all the time.'.

Dasiana pokes her finger idly at a pile of white origami hearts in a basket. She swirls her finger around the pile and stirs up some black origami knives from beneath it.

Alessandra whispers to Celric, 'Buuuurn.'.

A black origami knife falls onto the ground.

You drop a black origami knife.

Dasiana makes a sound that sounds like an extended 'ughhh' , choosing to ignore the fallen thing in favour of looking at the entire party again. 'Right, so can I see your invitations now?' she says sarcastically. 'Pretty, pretty please?'.

Celric holds his hands out at his sides, 'You caught me. I like what I do, woe's me.' he lets his hands drop to his sides again, 'Fine. We're here on business.'.

Dasiana nods at Celric. 'That didn't take that long, did it?' She mumbles a few choice nasty things under her breath.

Amira steps up to Dasiana, dropping her invitation down on the desk with a thud.
Hostelner falls into another plane.

Amira drops a fragile sheet of white parchment.

Celric leans his weight to the side, peeking at the ground. He moves over, and picks up the knife, setting it back on the table for Dasiana.
Celric holds up his origami heart between two fingers, 'This, right?'.

Dasiana snorts at Amira, snatching the heart up. 'Right.' She looks solidly at Celric. 'That's not mine.'.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Alessandra hands her invitation to Dasiana, saying, 'I just love what you've done with the place. Why hearts?' she asks offhand.

Alessandra drops a fragile sheet of white parchment.

Dasiana snatches the invitation out of Celric's and Alessandra's hands with both of her own, at the same time, staring up at each person in the party. 'That wasn't me,' she snaps. 'It was the decor team.' She starts scribbling unintelligible administrative things on her parchment. 'You all are so badly dressed for the occasion.'.
Celric lifts his eyebrows. He trades the invitation for the knife then, and grins at her, 'Mind if I keep it then?'.
Celric gets a black origami knife.
Amira glares at Dasiana, her tail swaying from side to side 'It's not your place to judge us'.
Dasiana looks up without even lifting her chin. 'Yeah, whatever.' She stops writing and dumps the origami invitations into the basket. She misses and your invitations fall to the ground, for you to recollect.
Celric glances down over himself, 'Honestly, I thought I was looking sharp.'.
Amira growls, her tail twitching, as she leans down to pick up her invitation.
Alessandra informs Dasiana, 'I am wearing the latest garments from Westgate. This is all the rage. I'm shocked you don't know.' She tsks. 'In any event, who's the decorating team, then? And who're you?'.

Dasiana sighs very loudly at Amira. 'I'm dressed quite decently, thank you.' She looks at Celric. 'You all look like you're dressed as the great sage Sherlock Holmes for a spooky party.'.

Dasiana stares stonily at your party. 'Westgate? Full of sneaky merchants, right?' She says the next thing with a simpering smile. 'I'm just the receptionist. What? Do I have to bring your walking stick?'.
Celric blinks at Dasiana, 'So you're saying we pulled the look off?' he looks aside to Alessandra, 'She recognized us.'.

Dasiana points behind the party. 'Go!'.

Some small figures wearing black hooded cloaks emerge from the darkness to snuff out the lights on the standing torches. The place goes dark.


End Part 1 of 2, continued below.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:15 am

Run #2: Alessandra, Amira (and her baby), Celric

Part 2 of 2:

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.
The same crisp voice of a young boy sounds out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your first stopping point!'
'Send your first guess to the Dollmaker now. What happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'

Amira blinks as she is suddenly pulled from the story.
Alessandra nods victoriously at Celric with a hint of a smile, then resumes her scowl.
Celric grins at Alessandra.
Alessandra Hmmmms...

Celric tells you 'They were all turned into paper origamis.'
You tell Celric 'Received.'

Amira tells you 'That receptionist might not have lived... regardless... I think the decoration team cast some magic to make the guests dissappear... possibly in a sacrifice'
You tell Amira 'Received.'

Alessandra tells you 'Assassins planned to be there ahead of time. They had an intricate plan, involving the knives, which were hidden at many points within.'
Alessandra nods once.
You tell Alessandra 'Received.'

An assortment of gangly and stout figures jog in and pick up the origami hearts, placing them in your hands before running off
.

'Alright, let's get right back to it!'

Celric grins.

You say, OOC, 'Anyone need a five minute break?'
Alessandra says, OOC, 'I'm good.'
Amira says, OOC, 'a 2 minute one.. bathroom'
Amira says, OOC, 'I'm back'

Some relaxing caravan music plays.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.

In the darkness, you sense a flurry of movement all around you. A little gasp pierces the determined silence, and you hear the sounds of wood and other things being shifted about around you.

When the lights come back on, you and your party see that The Haze has been completely restyled and its former clutter gone, albeit in a very minimalistic way.

Welcome to Viversnare Manor.

You are in a grand ballroom. A giant gold-leafed mask hangs from the ceiling, and the walls are decorated with many other masks displayed in frames.

No one else is around. Some happy music for dancing to seems to be playing from some rooms away in the Manor. An expectant silence ensues.

...

You get a fragile sheet of white parchment.
You give a fragile sheet of white parchment to Amira.
You get a fragile sheet of white parchment.
You give a fragile sheet of white parchment to Alessandra.
You get a fragile sheet of white parchment.
You give a fragile sheet of white parchment to Celric.
Celric gives you a fragile sheet of white parchment.
Celric says, OOC, '*ahem* That one's Hostelner's.'
You put a fragile sheet of white parchment in a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
Stage hands take that prop back.

Celric blinks slowly, peering around the ballroom. He grins, spinning on his heel as he wanders into the center of the room, 'Wow. Look at this place!' he peers intently upward at the mask, 'Hard to imagine something bad happened here..'.
Amira takes a close look around 'it is quite impressive'.
Alessandra snorts loudly and comments to Celric, 'When you've been in the business as long as I have, boy, you'll learn to imagine a crime scene anywhere.' She shakes her head, clearly jaded.
Alessandra similarly gazes up at the mask, stroking her chin in contemplation. Her gaze shifts to the other masks with a thoughtful hm.

A chill wind is fanned in from the shadows, hitting some parts of your body and missing the others

Celric laughs lightly at Alessandra's words, 'Yea, sure. So what d'you say about that, ya old codger?' he points up at the gold mask on the ceiling.
Celric shivers lightly then, rubbing at an arm, 'Bit drafty in here, isn't it?'.

The gold-leafed mask gleams impressively.

Amira looks up at the mask as well, readjusting Savina so she looks in that direction as well, though she probably can't see that far yet.
Amira says 'It looks expensive'
A delighted yip comes from the shadows at Amira's comment.

Alessandra scowls, wrinkling her nose, and comments, '-Specifically- drafty, no less.' She gazes back up at the mask, shooting a glance toward Amira and breaking character just long enough to make a googly smile at the baby.

Celric dusts his hands off on eachother, humming a moment longer. He licks a finger, and holds it up, trying to determine where the cool draft is coming from.
You tell Celric 'The cool draft seems to come from the walls, where many masks are displayed in frames.'

Alessandra approaches the mask, extending a hand high up and waving in front of it.

The gold-leafed mask proves too high for Miss Allaire. Or anyone. But it is indeed gigantic and impressive.

Celric steps over to the wall where the many masks are arranged, humming quietly. He presses a hand against the wall, tracing his fingers along the wall as he walks along it, 'I wonder...'.
Alessandra taps her lip, gazing curiously at the large mask.
Amira glances at Celric 'Found anything?'.

You tell Celric 'The frames look loose.'
A small female infant starts to cry in Amira's arms.
Amira asks everyone to please be quiet.

Celric hums for a moment, before withdrawing his hand, 'The frames look pretty loose, hey? Like maybe...'.
Amira mutters an apology and starts rocking Savina.
Amira rocks a small female infant to sleep.
Celric snaps his fingers and motions over to the wall, 'You two, take a look.' he takes a step back, taking a quick count of the number of masks on the wall, 'Altogether, there's..'.

You tell Celric 'Like, a bunch. Rows and rows. One of the frames has four masks in it.'

Alessandra grumbles gruffly at Celric. 'Bossin' me around... I've been working this beat for thirty-five years.' She does, however, gaze up at the wall, toward the hanging framed masks.
Amira considers the wall, counting the masks as well.
Celric steps over to a frame holding four masks in it, eyeing them. He glances briefly to the others, before leaning up on his toes, trying to pull the frame off of the wall.
You tell Amira 'A bunch of them. One of the frames has four masks in it. Oh, Celric's touching it.'

CRASHHHHHH! Celric's itchy fingers makes the entire frame fall and shatter on the ground!
The frame looked more like it was pushed out roughly though, so it's not really Celric's fault.
Four masks spill out!

You drop a golden eagle mask.
You drop a black raven mask.
You drop a blue peacock mask.
You drop a white cat mask.

Amira sighs 'Again? Seriously.. this is a crime scene'.

Celric yelps, trying to take a quick step backwards to avoid being crashed on.
Alessandra breaks character to cringe visibly, squeaking out an 'eep!'.

Celric rubs his hands on eachother, frowning faintly. He crouches down low, picking up a mask, 'Look't these.. Pretty.'.
Celric gets a white cat mask.
Amira examines the wall where the frame used to hang instead.
You tell Amira 'You see a little eye of what's probably a stage hand peek out at you then hurry away hastily.'
Amira allows a short grin to appear on her face, but it vanishes quickly. She then turns to look at the masks 'Why these four together? Why not seperately like the others?'.
Alessandra gets a black raven mask.

A beam of soft light falls on the remaining two masks, making it look like it has a pulsating glow.

Amira gets a blue peacock mask.

Alessandra nods slowly. 'One broke, and four spilled out. I wonder why? It looked almost like it was pushed when Celr--the kid, here--' she resumes her gruff voice 'touched it.'.

The light from the next room pulses in the doorway, drawing you and your party to it.

Amira picks up one of the masks and turns it in her hands 'Maybe... we should move on?...'.

Celric glances over to Alessandra, 'Yea, it felt that way, too. I'm not usually so clumsy.' he blinks, looking to the doorway as the light shines through. He lifts the mask up, strapping it onto his head, 'Well. Maybe our hosts are going to greet us.'.
Celric stops using A silk eyepatch inset with a gemmed scrimshaw eye.
Celric straps a white cat mask around his head.
Amira straps a blue peacock mask around her head.
Alessandra nods faintly in agreement with Amira, leaning to peer toward the doorway expectantly.
Alessandra stops using white lace veil.
Alessandra straps a black raven mask around her head.

As each of you wears a mask, you feel the air shift a little. The closed curtains to the Haze are stirred gently by the breeze.
Alessandra comments, 'There's that draft again.'.

You tell Celric 'Something tells you that the masks should all be worn, and worn at all times.'
Celric folds his hands behind his back, meandering closer to the doorway. He peeks his head around first, to peer through before entering.

You tell Amira 'Looking through the mask, you notice the black invitation glowing prominently in Celric's possession.'
Amira even pulls Savinas blanket deeper into her face, to mimic a mask. Looking towards Celric she blinks 'uhm...'.

You tell Celric 'Looks like a dining hall. No one is around.'
Celric lifts an eyebrow. He peeks over at the others in the room, 'You guys hungry?'.

The light from the next room continues to pulse invitingly. Maybe urgently.

Amira marches over to Celric 'Never, but we might as well go in'.

The scene closes on Miss Allaire anyway.
As you walk through the door, you arrive at a luxurious dining hall, where a table is set for over twenty people. There is no one, and the food hasn't been served.

Alessandra counter-acts Amira's comment with 'starving, actually'.
Celric turns, stepping backwards through the doorway, 'What's the worst that could happen?'.

Delectable smells of stew, roasted meat and baked goods waft in from the kitchen.
The cheery music is louder here, along with a man's voice speaking. The sounds seem to come from the parlour.
...

Alessandra sniffs delicately. 'Everything smells so tasty. But...' She pauses, tilting her ear to listen. 'Where's that man's voice coming from...? You hear?' she asks vaguely of neither Celric nor Amira directly.
Celric sniffs at the air, 'Gods, that smells good..' he glances over the table, '... Why set for so many though, I wonder..'.
Amira stares at Celric for a while and then suddenly has a thought and pulls her invitation out to examine it.

The cheery music plays from the parlour and the man talks louder.
The smells intensify from the kitchen.

Alessandra's eyes dart curiously toward Amira and she mirrors the action.

The narrator says 'Let's pretend you are all fighting for a promotion in the ZBI.'

Alessandra pauses to sniff again and sighs. 'That smells... incredible.'.
Alessandra goes right toward the kitchen at this point.

Does the party follow or stop her?

Celric blinks, stepping up quickly after Alessandra, 'Easy, don't get ahead of yourself, 'veteran'.'.
Alessandra scoffs at Celric, saying huskily, 'A real man thinks with his stomach!'.
Amira hurries past Alessandra, trying to reach the kitchen before her without actually running 'Wait, wait'.
Alessandra clearly knows better than to get in the way of a hustling mother, and stops mid-stride.

Celric blinks a few more times, 'You're joking??' he wrinkles his nose, then blinks at Amira, 'Hey!' he groans, and steps quickly toward the kitchen as well.

You tell Amira 'Do you take a look into the kitchen?'
Amira peeks into the kitchen.
You tell Amira 'It is safe. You see food and such.'

You and your party enter the kitchen. There is no one around.
The air smells good enough to eat, as do the dishes, which are lined up on the counter, artfully arranged, piping hot, and ready to go.

Alessandra kind of creeps up on the food, as if it's going to run away, and wriggles her fingers, then asks, 'Wait... who's going to take these out? Why are they just... sitting here?'.

You drop a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
You drop a slab of grilled flat iron steak.
You drop a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.

Amira looks at the plates and food 'Magic' , she says with clear disgust in her voice.
Alessandra considers the food hungrily, then her hunger turns to suspicion, then a deep, true scowl.

For some inexplicable reason, you see a number of consumables on the counter, unguarded and ready for the taking.

Celric holds up a hand, 'More importantly than that, can we -trust- the food?' he asks, eyeing the hungriest investigator, 'We don't know how the partygoers disappeared yet. They could have been poisoned.'.
Alessandra wrinkles her nose and nods slowly. 'Something doesn't smell right.'.
Amira hmms 'Smells great to me... but I agree... something is not right... that's why we're here after all'.

Will the party leave the foods and wine?

Celric steps forward to the food, sniffing lightly. He squints one eye, 'I'm getting one of those brilliance surges I'm known for.. We should collect some of this to take back for examination.'.
Amira nods 'Yes... let's take samples... you have a good idea ....once'.
Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Alessandra clears her throat and grunts.
Celric gets a slab of grilled flat iron steak.
Celric gets a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
Celric gets a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.
Alessandra carefully plucks some of the food away, sighing with dismay as she is clearly not eating it.

Alessandra gets a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
Alessandra gets a slab of grilled flat iron steak.
Alessandra gets a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.

The light pulses invitingly from the dining hall, and the parlour beyond too.

Celric collects some of the dishes, and a bottle. He steps quickly back into the dining hall then, 'C'mon. We didn't really search the dining room.'.
Alessandra nods in agreement. 'You win this round, kid,' she grunts, following Celric.
Amira also pockets some of the food, trying to keep it out of Savinas little hands an then follows the other two.

Amira gets a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
Amira gets a slab of grilled flat iron steak.
Amira gets a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.

Your party goes back to the dining hall, and on to the parlour
.
The music keeps going when you enter the parlour, but the man's voice abruptly stops. Like the other rooms, there is no one here.
There's a reading corner, with a bookshelf and bar.
One entire wall is mirrored.

You tell Amira 'Looking through the mask, you notice the black invitation glowing prominently in Celric's possession.'

Alessandra breaks character to make dumb faces in the mirror, as one does.
The mirror makes faces back at Miss Allaire.
Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh.

Amira finally steps up to Celric 'Give me your invitation' , she demands as if talking to a suspect and not a fellow investigator.
Alessandra stops to consider, 'This is a pretty... empty party.'.
Celric glances aside to Amira, ignoring her as he steps along further into the room, 'Interesting.. Where was the voice coming from..?' he makes his way over to the bookshelf in the corner, glancing over the titles, 'Interesting..'.

You tell Celric 'The bookshelf contains books written in a variety of languages.'
Celric speaks on in the same invested tone, 'I don't know what a single one of these say..'.
You tell Celric 'One of them in particular says 'Through the Looking Glass', if Celric can read it.'
Amira's tail twitches angrily as she is ignored 'Because you're dumb!'.
Celric nods along absently in agreement, 'Yea.. Yea, I can't read any of these.' he reaches out, pulling slowly at the reddest book he can find.
Alessandra offers to Celric, 'Let me see.'.
Amira mutters and looks at the bookshelf briefly.
Celric pauses after having pulled the book out, watching the bookshelf expectantly. He decides vocally then, 'There's no hidden door behind this. It'd be the red book, it's always the red book.'.
Celric tosses the worthless book over to Alessandra, 'Here.'.
Alessandra catches it and holds it up. 'Through the Looking Glass,' she says aloud, her gaze rising from the book to the mirrored wall with interest.
Amira rolls her eyes at the comment and then tries again 'Give me your invitation' , and after a moment she adds a forced 'please'.

That mirror looks pretty darned solid.

Celric glances over at Amira, '.. Why?'.
Alessandra approaches the mirror as Celric and Amira converse, peering at it, despite its apparent solidness.
Amira hesitates but finally decides on saying: 'Because it glows'.
Celric blinks at Amira, '.. My invitation glows?'.
Celric holds up his invitation, turning it around in his hand, exmaining the parchment closely, 'you sure..?'.

Amira looks at the parchment through her mask, examining it closely.
You tell Amira 'It looks the same through the mask.'

Alessandra sizes up the mirror for a moment.
Alessandra winds up and rushes the mirror while Amira and Celric are distracted.

That would likely be a painful attempt for Miss Allaire! Does she crash into it!?!?

Alessandra totally crashes into it.

CRASHHHH!!!!
The mirror stands strong, and there are collective gasps and sighs of relief from behind the mirror.

Amira turns around to the crash 'What?'.
Alessandra falls on the floor, murmuring, dazed, 'I-it's not the mirror. Nothin'... nope.'.
Celric opens his mouth, seeming about to say something else to Amira, but stops, looking over to Alessandra as she crashes loudly into the mirror. He blinks once, twice, before he finds his voice, asking Alessandra hesitantly, '.. Are.. Are you retarded?'.
Alessandra blinks and shakes her head. 'Well. I'm not--sure why--' she giggles a little. 'Anyway!'.

A small female infant nuzzles into Amira's arms, flicking Amira with their tail.

Alessandra jumps to her feet and scowls at Celric, swaying slightly in a slight loss of balance. 'What a thing to ask a senior officer!' she grunts as she continues surveying the room, bobbing unsteadily on her feet.

Amira frowns, staring at the mirror 'Maybe...' She draws out her invitation and steps up to the mirror and holds the parchment into it 'Something is so off here'.

The words on the invitation read with perfect clarity when reflected in the mirror.

________________________________________
| |
| JABBERWOCKY |
| 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves |
| Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: |
| All mimsy were the borogoves, |
| And the mome raths outgrabe. |
|________________________________________|

Amira stares at the reflection of the invitation.

Alessandra gets a fragile sheet of white parchment from a cloth pack.
Alessandra glances from Amira's reflected invitation to her own as she holds it up, curiously.
Celric blinks slowly, glancing between the two. He offers up, 'I've tried that, you know. It doesn't make the letters make any more sense.'.

Amira reads 'Jabberwocky - all capitals mind you - 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves , Did gyre and gimble in the wabe, All mimsy were the borogoves,And the mome raths outgrabe.'.
Alessandra says in a disjointed little singsong, ''Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe: all mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe.'.

At the command word, Jabberwocky, the mirror bulges inwards and a large rectangular doorway is peeled from the mirror! The space beyond the doorway is pitch black.

Alessandra stares at the mirror and says in disbelief, 'All I had to do was sing a song?!'.
Alessandra thrusts a hand, scoffing, 'I nearly gave myself a permanent head injury for -nothing-?!'.
Amira shrugs and steps into the darkness without concern.

Does the party follow?

Alessandra follows after Amira, grumbling. It's impossible to discern whether this is an in-character behaviour or if this is how she genuinely feels about the matter.
Celric pats Alessandra on teh shoulder, 'Not for nothing. You did it to put something interesting in my report about you back at HQ.'.
Celric grins cheekily, stepping in time after Alessandra.
Alessandra grunts at Celric.

The doorway closes behind the party (it's just a curtain). It is pitch black.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.

A familiar crisp voice rings out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your second stopping point!'

'Send your second and final guess to the Dollmaker now. What do you think happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'

Alessandra whispers, 'This is cozy.'.

Amira tells you 'I still stand by some magical sacrifice ritual..'
You tell Amira 'Received.'
Amira smiles rocking the infant 'Little one has been surprisingly good so far'.

Celric tells you 'They were poisoned by the food! That's why the survivor said, despite staying and eating only very little, that it made him feel ill. And that there was no struggle! The partygoers were stolen behind this mirror, secreted by the password!'

You tell Celric 'Received.'

Alessandra tells you 'Now I think that Monsieur Perignon may have trapped everyone in secret and whisked them to another location altogether... hmmmmmm!'

'Alright, and that makes three! Over to you, Dasiana!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.

Alessandra smiles at Amira. 'She's a champion! Just look at her. If your arms need a break, I'll happily hold her for you.' She beams at Amira despite the gloom.

The lights slowly fade on on the set. The party stands in the dining hall, right at the entrance to the parlour. Everything looks as luxurious as before, just somehow... Darker. Creepier. More shadowy.
A pale, smoky mist wafts through the air, giving the whole place a dreamlike quality.
Sultry jazzy music floats into the dining hall from the parlour, along with the sound of a man speaking.
Someone nudges your party into the parlour. The place is filled with many masked people, dressed to the nines.
Something about them seems off. They look like misshapen humanoids devil-like, even. Some of them turn around to look at the newcomers, but they eventually return their attention to the speaker, listening with interest.
...

Celric pulls his cape in closer around his arms, He hesitates momentarily as he notes the others, but steps forward, trying to look as though he belongs there as his attention levels on the speaker.

The other partygoers pay no mind. Does the rest of your party follow?

Amira's free arm automatically reaches for a weapon, but she doesn't draw it. instead she collows Celric and looks towards the speaker.
Alessandra follows behind Celric, assuming similar mannerisms.

You catch a glimpse of a naked woman and a naked man on the ground, unconscious and spread-eagled. A beam of light and a netted shadow is cast upon them.
The speaker seems to be giving a lecture on them.

Alessandra drums her fingers over her mouth with an accompanying soft giggle. 'Oh myyyy.'.

The speaker says 'Well, I guess that wraps it up. I hope that was educational for you.'
The speaker says 'If you're interested to learn more, our anatomy groups are every Sixthday evening.'
The speaker says 'Shall we all move to the dining hall?'
The speaker glances to the entrance to the dining hall and spies your party along the way.
The speaker says 'Did you miss the best parts? Ah, but you must not miss the dinner! Could you get Don Perignon from the kitchen and tell him the guests are waiting?'

The subjects for study are lifted and carted off to another room by some masked guests.
The light pulsates encouragingly from the kitchen.

Celric blinks once, folding his hands behind his back, 'Doesn't the Don own this mansion? And lead the parties? Why would he be in the kitchen?'.
Amira murmurs 'Maybe we should ask him'.

The speaker says 'He was just checking on the food. Hurry along now, no time to waste!'
Alessandra murmurs, 'Checking the food for... what?'.
Celric grimaces briefly, glancing to Alessandra and Amira.

The speaker says 'The Don does what he likes!'

Celric nods along slowly, and moves on for the dining hall, 'Right, then.. Ah.. We'll go tell him.'.
Alessandra pauses and something seems to click with her. She hrms and nods toward Celric.
Amira takes another look at the masked guests before setting to go with Celric and Alessandra.

You arrive in Don Perignon's kitchen.
The kitchen is in working in full swing. There are racks and racks of meat undoubtedly, demihuman meat. A torso there, a leg here, an arm there.
The cooks, too, are masked, and are cooking the demihuman guests that Don Perignon invited to the party and serving it to his real party guests, devils!

Alessandra wrinkles her nose behind her mask.

Only one person is of note here.
Don Perignon (actually Dasiana, sharply dressed as a man, with a pencil moustache drawn over her upper lip) minds the food preparation here.
Don Perignon looks up at you and your company, looking a bit surprised.

Dasiana asks 'Yes? Is it time for the feast?'
Amira spreads her wings a little and nods 'It is'.
Celric steps forward quickly, pointing an accusing finger at the Don, 'THE GIG IS UP! And What a Catch, Donnie, it was!'.
Alessandra folds her arms over her chest and nods. 'Yeh--oh.' She glances at Celric and hisses, 'all cards on the table, then?'.

The void scrolls through the pages and pages of script. A moment, please.

Celric glances over at Alessandra, '.. Uh, well.. Right, good point, sorry.'.
Alessandra scowls in Celric's direction and murmurs something undiscernible to an outside ear.
Dasiana fake-twirls her fake moustache, eyeing your masked party curiously. 'What gig, exactly? Come, come! Take a look at the spread!' She pulls out a very fancy stick for pointing.

Dasiana says 'Thirteen and a half inches. Yew. Phoenix feather core.'
Dasiana winks.

Alessandra grins at Dasiana.
Amira steps a little closer to the Don, eying the stick.

Celric glances down for a moment, 'You might need a bigger measuring stick.' he clears his throat, and points more firmly at Dasiana, 'You're luring people in, poisoning them, and feeding them to your devil compatriots! Oh yes, we know everything, Donnie.'.
Amira makes another step towards Dasiana.
Alessandra folds her arms and nods silently toward Dasiana, scowling from behind her mask.

Dasiana freezes. Her eyes narrow at Celric and Amira. 'Wait, wait, wait. Just hold on a moment here.'.
Dasiana gives a dramatic pause, then suddenly flings her arms out wildly! 'SECURITY!'.
Quite suddenly, a powerful beam of light blasts from a corner overhead, along with a generous amount of large gold confetti pieces fluttering over you!
As it recedes, projecting a netted pattern over your party! You are trapped!

Amira mutters 'Hey! I only came for dinner....no need to trap me with these'.
Alessandra holds out her hands and relishes the moment, until she realizes it's a bad thing and says, 'Aw.'.

Dasiana fake-twirls the end of her fake moustache sinisterly. 'Ha-ha!' she laughs. 'How will you ever escape now!? My, my, what a fine dinner you will make! Or.. Shall I make you an offer you cant refuse?'.

Celric yelps, struggling against the net, 'AH! Hey!'.
It's a fake net! Just a shadow!

An oddly, freckled devil cook slams an over-bloodied human head on the chopping board for effect.
...

Alessandra jumps and hisses, 'That's fake, right?'.
Celric still struggles against it for dramatic effect! He scowls over at Dasiana, 'Oh yea?? What could you offer us?'.

A crisp voice sounds from the shadows 'Yes, it's fake!'

You tell Amira 'You see the black origami knife glow.'

Amira seems oddly disappointed.

Dasiana exclaims 'Well, agree to deal, and you will find out!'
Alessandra nods, then, satisfied, and resumes character, wagging a finger in Dasiana's direction. 'Say we accept. Are we free to go?'.
Dasiana smiles at Alessandra, nodding slowly and enthusiastically. 'In a big way.'.
Amira smiles coldly but sweetly at Dasiana 'How about this: you take these two as my gift and welcome me as your guest instead'.
Celric gives up trying to break free of the net, 'We're with the ZBI. We don't negotiate with Cannibalists.'.
Alessandra coughs and jerks a thumb toward Celric. 'What he said.'.

Dasiana blinks at Amira 'Come on, that's your party! I'll only take collective decisions.'.
Amira sighs loudly.

Will the party DEAL or NO DEAL?

Alessandra raises a hand. 'Pow-wow.'.
Alessandra beckons toward the other two.
A small female infant starts to cry in Amira's arms.
Amira shrugs 'fine then.' she then leans over towards Celric, whispering 'Knife'.

Dasiana stares at Alessandra, Amira and Celric. 'That's a no deal, then?'.
Dasiana jerks an eyebrow upwards. 'What a shame for you. You see, over here, we like to play with our food.' She says all this with a great foreboding.
Dasiana says 'Im going to let you go and count to three, and youre going to run as fast as you can out of here.'
Dasiana says 'And Im going to chase you.'

Celric grumbles, hiding a quiet shushing at Amira behind the noise.
Alessandra puffs out her lower lip a little, gazing at the baby.
Celric sneers at Dasiana, pulling on the net, 'You're a liar. You'd never let us out of here.'.
Amira shakes her head firmly 'No... no chasing... you made my baby cry and that means we will arrest you'.
Alessandra nods her head in agreement with Amira.

Dasiana exclaims 'I'm not a liar!'
Dasiana asks 'Well? How are you going to get out of that net, then?'

Alessandra shoots a meningful look at Celric.
Amira rocks a small female infant to sleep.

Celric'tugs' on the 'net' , sneering at Dasiana, 'Won't believe you 'til we see it.'.
Celric puffs up his chest, 'You won't have us tasting fearful!'.
Alessandra nods, yelling, 'We taste like... determination! And... oldness!' She doesn't seem to really commit to the last one, though, and prepares to run!

Dasiana belts out a hearty laugh from her chest, hoping to sound manly. She twirls her moustache. 'Ready to start running?'.
Dasiana says 'One...'
Dasiana says 'Two...'
Dasiana exclaims 'Three!'
Dasiana gives chase to your party but she looks distinctly lousy at it. She goes off track and goes specifically close to a table.

The shadow net disappears from your party, indicating your freedom. Run!!!

Celric waits for the net to be removed, and the moment it is, he breaks into a quick sprint toward Dasiana, revealing hidden in his palm - The origami knife from earlier! He brings it forward as though to stab Dasiana, roaring loudly, 'DONNIIIIIEEEE.'.

Dasiana weaves out of the way from Celric. 'Whoa!'.

Again, collective gasps from behind the scenes.

Celric turns quickly, wielding the origami knife dangerously at Dasiana, 'If I have to come over there, I'm comin' stabby! Give it up!'.
Alessandra bolts to a corner of the room, pretending to have left the scene altogether. Because when you reach this age, you know when to get outta dodge, or something.
Amira spreads her wings and lifts herself up a few inches from the floor. She just floats there, watching Dasiana and Celric, but also blocking the way out.

Dasiana widens her eyes at Celric, incredulous. She somehow goes very out of the way, and hooks her trousers on a table. 'Oh no! I'm stuck!'.

There is a silence as the magnitude of the situation sinks in.
The cooks flee! You hear a great stampede outside in the dining hall. Curious masked faces poke in nosily in passing to catch a glimpse of the drama in the kitchen.
Dasiana exclaims 'Alas, I am caught (on the table)! The party is over!'
Someone yells 'The party is never over, Don Perignon! See you at Charlie's, eh!?'
From your spots, you see everyone flood towards the parlour, and the mirror, where the portal seems to be open.
Beyond, you see a viciously cracked landscape with fire and brimstone!
Dasiana looks pitifully at your party.

Alessandra saunters back in as if she didn't just flee head over heels.
Dasiana stops the tugging on her trousers, dipping out of character and just relaxing for the time being.
Celric moves over quickly toward Dasiana, and grabbing at her arms to 'bind' her(really, he just moves her hands behind her back for a moment, then holds onto one of her wrists)
Levine steps into the parlour from the grand hall, intruding on the scene. A faint glint of amusement takes in her dark eyes. Her lips part to speak quiet words. 'You have chosen to detain Don Perignon. Your success or failure will be determined by this game.'.
Dasiana blinks at Celric, squirming a bit. 'I'm just a paid actor, man.'.
Amira lands again as you steps into the scene.
Dasiana nods at you in indication, grinning at Celric.

Celric ahems, breaking character for once to say apologetically to Dasiana, 'I know, I wasn't actually going to hurt you or anything. I'dve stopped if, you know.'.
Dasiana gives Celric an understanding grin. 'I have insurance.'.
Celric lifts a hand up, lightly ruffling Dasiana's hair, 'You're too adorable for stabbin'.' he turns his attention over to you, humming quietly.

Levine lifts a slender hand in a beckon towards Celric. 'Come.'.
Levine holds the material out, spreading it wide and moving between Dasiana and the party. 'Best of three. Who will represent your party? Please put your hand under here for a game of stone, parchment, dagger. I will play on behalf of Don Perignon.'.
Alessandra nudges Celric a couple of times and nods at him.
Dasiana murmurs to Celric. 'Those knife invitations were made -sharp-.'.
Amira nods at Celric as well.
You say 'Each of you can take a turn, if we make it to three turns.'
Alessandra says gruffly to Celric, 'It's yer time, kid. I'm just an old investigator. Prove yerself.' She fixes him with a steely gaze and nods upward.
Celric grins at Dasiana. He nods, stepping forward toward you, 'Okay.'.

You drop a scrap of sailcloth.
OOC: Your party takes signset1
.

Levine lays the sailcloth over Celric's hand and covers her own hand with it.
Celric takes a deep breath, nodding to Amira and Alessandra, 'Thanks for trusting me with this.'.
Celric readies a hand-sign.
You set your hand-sign as parchment.
Alessandra gazes meaningfully at Celric. 'Do us proud,' she says, her faux-gruff voice faux-softening.

Celric nods slowly across to you, glancing down at their hands under the cloth, 'Bit like a handbinding ceremony, isn't it, Levvy?' he winks at her.
Levine narrows her gaze gently towards Celric, lips pressing together as she shakes her head. 'Ah, if we would be so honoured to be bound to each other.'.
Amira chuckles.

You exclaim 'Dagger, parchment, stone!'

Celric throws out the hand-sign for stone!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Alessandra nods toward Amira. 'She too little to be a flower girl?' She grins.
Celric grins cheekily at you, 'Is this best of three, or-' he blinks, as the cloth is suddenly pulled up, 'Ah!'.
Celric holds up his fist, '.. Ah, ah.. Knew I should've gone for dagger.'.
Amira chuckles a bit 'She might be able to grab a flower though'.

Levine sniffs gently, biting back a look of victory. 'Three.' She turns to Amira and Alessandra. 'Another with the same party member?'.
Alessandra whoops at Celric. 'I believe in you!'.
Amira actually smiles at Celric 'Defeat the devil!'.
Levine does the same thing again, and lays the sailcloth over Celric's hand, covering her own hand with it.

You set your hand-sign as parchment.
Celric glances between the pair, smiling brightly. He looks back to you, 'You're out of luck, miss. I have -friendship- on my side. Can't lose.'.
Celric readies a hand-sign.
Levine emits a soft snort at Celric's mention of friendship. She brushes it aside, gaze trained on the intense game. 'Dagger, parchment, stone!'.

Celric throws up his free hand in the air, declaring loudly as the cloth is removed, 'FRIIIIIIEEENDSHIIIPPP!'.
Celric throws out the hand-sign for stone!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Alessandra screams loudly!
Alessandra exclaims to Celric 'I TRUSTED YOU!'
Amira sighs loudly.
Celric stares upward, 'If I learned from my mistakes, I wouldn't be a Celric.'.
Levine steps back, pulling the cloth with her. 'Fool you twice,' she says quietly, going back to the shadows.

Dasiana gives one strong pull and dislodges the material from the table. 'HA!' she exclaims, hurrying into the portal.

The portal in the mirror closes behind Don Perignon like a lowered curtain.

Alessandra's gaze turns downcast. She gazes at her feet, lifting them only long enough to mutter, while gazing at Celric, 'Just when I thought I could retire...'.
Celric glances over Alessandra, 'Sorry. She just sort'f slipped me hands.'.
Alessandra sighs at Celric.
Celric says '.. He. He did.'

A group of tall teenagers, with uncanny timing, jog in wearing well-polished soldier garb with a miscellany of costume swords. 'Freeze! ZBI!' They study the scene, and one of them talks to Celric. 'We come from the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigation. What the devil is going on here!?'.
Amira looks to the teenagers and sighs.

> A player comes in accidentally and leaves after the situation is explained.

A group of tall teenagers pretends nothing happened and repeats themselves to Celric with a renewed gusto. 'We come from the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigation. What the devil is going on here!?'.

Amira says 'Nobody is gonna believe me anyways, so I'll not even try to explain this...'
Celric glances from the doorway, to the group of ZBI agents. He clears his throat lightly, soldiering on, 'We were investigating the disappearance of the partygoers here! We found the Don, he was luring in geusts,' he motions around the bloody kitchen, 'And serving them to his -real- guests! 'What the devil' is quite right!'.

A group of tall teenagers react with some degree of exaggerated surprise. 'Alright folks, very nice work. We will take it from here.'. They go to the mirrored wall and start tapping on it excitedly with their fingers and produced metalled devices.

The lights go out.

In the familiar darkness, you feel the air shift all around you.

One by one, the dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders come back on.

The purple curtains to the windows along the length of the tavern are pulled open one by one, allowing the light from the outside back in.

The Purple Haze is open again.

Alessandra gazes about curiously as everything rights itself and whistles.
Celric rubs at his eyes as the regular light filters back in, 'Wooh.'.

Dasiana stands behind the bar counter, finishing up the polishing of a glass. 'Welcome back to the Purple Haze. On behalf of the establishment, The Eels, and the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula herself, I extend to you our thanks for your time, and a little souvenir, as a gesture of our appreciation.' She waves at the four dolls of a familiar figure being laid out by some small masked and hooded figures on the counter.
You drop a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Alessandra oooohs.
Amira awws and moves to pick one puppet up and plays with it before Savina, who tries to grab it.
Amira gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Alessandra gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Levine stands up from her seat in the corner of the tavern, rolling up her sheets of parchment and nodding at the party and Dasiana, approaching as she stashes her stationery away. 'And so, that was The Supposed Mystery of Viversnare Manor,' she concludes, lifting her brows gently. 'They say, when you enter Oparil's Tower, you can still smell the aroma of meat roasting, or hear the sultry jazz playing in the dead of the night.'.
Dasiana asks 'But, you know, all these are just rumours anyway so it might not even be true! Who will ever really know?'
Alessandra wears a hand puppet of Don Perignon on her hands.

You say 'Before we part ways, however, there is but one thing left to wrap up. Earlier, you had two opportunities to guess the reason for the disappearance of everyone at the Masquerade.'

Alessandra also makes puppety gestures toward Savina, hiding her face behind the puppet and peek-a-boo-ing out. She glances, then, toward you and grins a little, listening.
A small female infant happily tries to grab all the dolls.

You say 'None of you managed to guess the winner, though perhaps it will be amusing for us to review the guesses.'

Celric clears his throat lightly, 'I thought for sure I had it on the first go.'.
Alessandra emits a musical, twittering laugh.

You say 'In the first stopping point, Celric guessed that everyone was turned into origami-ed papers.'
Alessandra wrinkles her little nose while smiling at Celric.

You say 'He, I am afraid, did not get it on the first go.'
You say 'Amira guessed that the decoration team cast some magic to make the guests disappear... possibly in a sacrifice.'
You say 'And Miss Allaire guessed that assassins planned to be there ahead of time. They had an intricate plan, involving the knives, which were hidden at many points within.'
You say 'I suppose none could compare to the great sage, Sherlock Holmes, in that round.'

Amira laughs.

You say 'In the second round, Amira was convinced that there was magic involved. And suggested a magical ritual of sacrifice.'
Celric tilts his head aside, 'The mirror -did- seem pretty magical, in fairness.'.
Celric grins at Amira.
Amira grins.
You say 'Celric, however, guessed poison.'
You exclaim 'And I quoth: They were poisoned by the food! That's why the survivor said, despite staying and eating only very little, that it made him feel ill. And that there was no struggle! The partygoers were stolen behind this mirror, secreted by the password!'
Alessandra mock-wipes a tear from her eye and whispers toward Celric, 'I'm proud of you... son.'.
You say 'And finally, Miss Allaire guesses that Don Perignon may have trapped everyone in secret and whisked them to another location altogether.'
A small female infant nuzzles into Amira's arms, flicking Amira with their tail.
You say 'As you can see, Miss Allaire and Celric had come quite close.'
Alessandra wrinkles her little nose while smiling.

You say 'The only way to settle it is..'
Alessandra grins.
You drop a scrap of sailcloth.

Levine points to the hand puppet. 'Do you wish to have a puppet of a murderer, Celric?'.
Celric laughs.
Celric nods to you, 'Yes please.' he leans over, reaching for the puppet, 'Sorry, thank you.'.

Alessandra tilts her chin toward Celric. 'Fight to the death! Or this. This is fine.'.
You say 'Best of three.'

Step right up, step right up!
It's THE BATTLE OF A LIFETIME!!!

Alessandra stretches and exhales. 'I've been preparing my whole life for this.'.
Celric gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Tensions rise as the two contestants take their places. But before that, will they take their places!?

Celric smiles at Alessandra, and nudges her side, 'You did great, by the way.'.
Alessandra takes HER place, so.
Alessandra grins toward Celric with a little nod. 'And you!'.

Who will the mother and child cheer for!?
Amira exclaims 'Fight, fight fight!'
Celric inhales a slow breath, moving to take his place across from Alessandra.

Seems like the mother just wants to see a good fight!

Alessandra readies a hand-sign.
OOC: Miss Allaire will take signset..??

Alessandra took 1!

OOC: Celric will take signset2!

Hold your breaths, this won't take long!

You ask 'Art both contestants readied?'

Amira peers at the cloth, waiting for it to be removed.
Alessandra throws out the hand-sign for stone!
Alessandra coughs loudly.
Alessandra peers at Celric.

You blink at Alessandra in disbelief.
Alessandra points at Celric. 'I win by default.' She nods sagely.
Celric stares at the sky.
Celric asks 'Sorry, whoa. I was waiting for the mother?'

The mother just wants to watch!

Levine recovers the cloth over Celric and Alessandra's hands. 'I am afraid not. Now we start for real.'.
Celric clears his throat loudly.

Alessandra readies a hand-sign.
Celric readies a hand-sign.
And it's ready.... Hope you weren't holding your breaths!

You exclaim 'Stone, parchment, dagger!'

Alessandra throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Celric throws up the hand-sign for dagger!

A small female infant makes a delighted baby noise.
Celric grins at Alessandra.

Ooooooh it's a tie!
Alessandra grins at Celric.

Maybe they're great minds, maybe they just think alike!

You say 'Again.'

Levine replaces the cloth over the hands.
Alessandra readies a hand-sign.

A bunch of teenagers come by with some hot dishes.

You buy 5 a dish of sauteed mushrooms and fungis.
Dasiana puts them into a bag and hands it to you.
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

You buy 5 some pastries filled with honey and cream cheeses.
Dasiana puts them into a bag and hands it to you.
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

You buy 5 some pastries filled with honey and cream cheeses.
Dasiana puts them into a bag and hands it to you.
You drop a bag.
The bag tears apart and blows away.

Amira rocks a small female infant to sleep.

Miss Allaire is going to die from starvation.

>gla alessandra
Alessandra has some cuts.
Her head is mangled.
Her left arm is heavily wounded.

Alessandra stares at the sky.
Alessandra eats a dish of sauteed mushrooms and fungi.
Celric hums a little tune.
Alessandra eats a dish of sauteed mushrooms and fungi.
Alessandra eats a dish of sauteed mushrooms and fungi.
Alessandra wipes her brow with obvious relief.
Alessandra gets a travellers water skin from a cloth pack.
Alessandra drinks water from a travellers water skin.
Alessandra drinks water from a travellers water skin.
Alessandra puts a travellers water skin in a cloth pack.

Celric tilts his head from one side to the other, and asks Alessandra, 'You comfortable with a tie, or?'.
You say to Celric 'Best of three.'

Celric exclaims 'Ah!'
Celric nods, 'After she's done pigging out.'.
Celric grins at Alessandra.
Alessandra has her hand under the cloth and grins. 'I dunno.'.

Levine tugs on the edge of the cloth over Celric's hand. 'Ready?'.
Celric readies a hand-sign.
Alessandra quirks her brows repeatedly. 'Reeeeady.'.
Alessandra throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Celric throws up the hand-sign for stone!

You exclaim 'And again!'
Celric laughs.
Alessandra snaps her fingers in disappointment.

It's tense. Boy it's tense! One point to Celric!

Alessandra readies a hand-sign.
Celric readies a hand-sign.

Will Celric score the second point!???

Celric grins across from Alessandra, 'Good luck.'.

Let's see it!

Alessandra throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Celric throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Alessandra gets a look of steely-eyed determination.
Celric snaps his fingers.
Alessandra chortles with glee.

A TIE?? Will they go for one more round?

Amira brushes their finger gently on a small female infant's cheek.
A small female infant reaches their tiny hand to wrap it around Amira's finger.

Celric nods quickly to Alessandra, 'Last one. Win or lose. To the death.'.
Alessandra nods in agreement with Celric. 'The final countdown.'.

The contestants ready their signs....
Alessandra readies a hand-sign.
Celric readies a hand-sign.

Alessandra pauses for a moment before the big reveal...!
Alessandra throws out the hand-sign for parchment!
Celric throws up the hand-sign for dagger!

Alessandra snaps her fingers. 'Victim to the triple-bluff!'.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!

Celric grins at Alessandra, 'Too easy!'.

Celric Milani wins!

Alessandra nudges Celric. 'Well-played, son,' she says with a gruff nod.
Alessandra all but screams. 'Th-that's the best prize -ever-!'.

Celric laughs, nodding eagerly to Alessandra, 'Good attempt, ya ol' codger.'.
Celric eeps!
Celric says 'A DOLLHOUSE'

You say, OOC, 'I'm SO sorry guys, I gotta go!'
You have been rewarded by Alessandra!
Alessandra says, OOC, 'THAT WAS AWESOME.'
You cuddle her.
You have been rewarded by Amira!

Alessandra nods gruffly. 'Gotta pass the torch someday, I guess,' she says with a sigh.

You say, OOC, 'Sorry for abrupt ending! Send feedback to improve it or anything!'

Celric smiles brightly at you, 'Thanks, frenemy.'.
You have been rewarded by Celric!

Alessandra says, OOC, 'No that was 500% awesomesauce.'
You say, OOC, 'Oh, you guys, thank you <3'
Amira says, OOC, 'really awesome'

Levine hurries off for no reason, leaving a gate behind her.

You begin to chant.
You utter an incantation, and a gate forms in front of you!

You say 'This one is for Amira to Westgate.'

Alessandra wiggles her eyebrows.
Amira smiles.
You say 'Another portal outside for Waterdeep.'
Alessandra wiggles her fingers in a little wave.
You say 'If you want to stay and converse, feel free.'
Alessandra says to Amira 'I'll have to come visit.'

You say, OOC, 'Send me any questions like "omg what if i did this" if you want!'

Alessandra says to Amira 'I want to hold the baby next time.'
Alessandra smiles at Amira.

The void cuddles everyone!

You open the purple door.

Amira smiles, waves and steps through the gates 'Find me at the temple of the barbed whip'.

You say 'Help me ignite both signs.'

FIN


End Part 2 of 2.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:18 am

Run #3: Ichi, Ithrael, Yasu

Part 1 of 2:

The Purple Haze Tavern
E-A courtyard W-Teshwave Street U-Door D-Hatch
This large circular room sits at the base of the large tower. This, the largest
floor, sits at about eighty feet in diameter. From the tables scattered around
the room, the ample bar that traces the gentle curve of the southern wall, and
the fragrant smells of cooked food, it is easy to discern that this area is the
main dining room of 'The Haze'. Windows dot around the outside of the tower and
are set with purple curtains. Also providing light into this tavern are wrought
iron holders containing dancing globes of faerie fire. Starting at the northern
most part of the dining room, and curving in above the tables is a stylish metal
stairway that ends at an ornate hatch, with runes carved into it. The doors to
the west obviously lead back out into Zhentil Keep, from the bustling noise.
And finally, there also is a door to the east which leads into a grand courtyard.
A wooden table is here. (perfect)
A huge, circular table of black wood is here. (very good)
Dasiana the fire-haired serving wench is here.
Dasiana shows you a sweet smile as she navigates the room, tankards in hand.
Dasiana says to you 'Good day. Sit where it please you.'
Dasiana says to you 'Lady Myn Cimril's welcome to The Purple Haze.'

Ichi sways his walking stick in front of him very slightly as he walks with small steps. It comes to a stop with a clack at the foot of a table, where he descends to a seat.
Ichi sits down and relaxes.

Levine moves towards a table, her footfalls soft, setting a fairly-sized box upon it her. She lifts her gaze at the clack, as though taking notice of Ichi once more. 'Did the letter reach you? I was not sure if the method of communication was effective.'.

Ithrael flies in from the west.
Ithrael inclines his head politely, 'Good afternoon, everyone.'.

Ichi withdraws his hand, leaning his head upon it. 'Mmm' he answers with a slow nod. 'Welcome to the Purple Haze' he speaks, his voice a very sober bass.

Levine retracts her gaze from Ithrael, sniffing gently as her arched eyebrow lowers once more. 'Nightseer,' she says quietly, in a polite manner. 'Dasiana is about to begin the retelling of The Mystery. I assume you have visited to attend this?'.

Ithrael nods to you , 'I have indeed, Lady Sylara. It should be quite interesting, from the rumors I have heard. Though that is little enough, sadly.'.
Ithrael Hmmmms...
Ithrael appears to be thinking very deeply.
Ithrael says 'Oh, but first, I must attend something. I will return in a few moments.'
Ithrael inclines his head as he turns to walk outside.
Ithrael flies west.

Ichi can scarcely conceal his amusement at something he overhears, a monosyllabic 'hmph' shrugging his shoulders. 'Very interesting' he says to himself. 'Please bring over tea and bread for myself and guests.'.

Ichi buys a cup of minted Glaemril tea.
Ichi drops a cup of minted Glaemril tea.

Ichi holds a cup of minted Glaemril tea in his left hand.
Ichi buys warm brown bread drizzled with sesame oil.
Ichi drops warm brown bread drizzled with sesame oil.

Ichi kindles his pipe from a candle, sending a faint, odorless blue smoke serpentines from it with a hiss of tar. 'So you brought me that one. I knew there would be treasure' he says off-handed around the pipe.

Ithrael flies in from the west.
Ithrael descends and lands.

Levine nods gently, smile flickering across her sharp features for only a moment. She looks back at Ichi thoughfully, watching the food being served. 'How considerate, Marvin,' she expresses. Her brows furrow gently. 'Was there treasure mentioned, again?'.

You utter an incantation, and a gate forms in front of you!
Yasu walks in from somewhere.

Dasiana weaves her way through the tables, smiling at all of you. 'Well, sit where it pleases you only if you're coming for The Mystery,' she says to Ithrael, 'But I'll be right with the rest of you!' she calls out, giving an extra wink to you. 'Just let me...' She starts rounding up the last of the tavern's patrons to usher them out to end her shift.

Ichi turns his head at the sound of incantations with a grave pause given the coming and goings. He nods in silence, saying outwardly 'You are welcomed to the Purple Haze' with his pipe caught between his teeth.

Dasiana asks 'Could I have two volunteers to nail the signs down outside each entrance, please?'

You unlock a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock with a key printed with a small rune.
You open a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Ithrael says 'I will, if you like.'

You drop a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
You drop a sturdy iron nail.

Yasu steps through the portal looking around smiling to each of the attendees with a brief interest before looking to Dasiana 'I will.' he smiles brightly.

Ithrael gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
Ithrael gets a sturdy iron nail.
Ithrael walks west.
Yasu gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
Yasu gets a sturdy iron nail.
Yasu walks east.

Dasiana wipes down the bar counter with a practised speed, like she's been doing this for years. Maybe even centuries.

Ithrael walks in from the west.
Ithrael closes the purple door.
Yasu walks in from the east.

Yasu smiles.

Levine lifts her gaze to regard Yasu as he returns. 'Ah, you must be Yasu of Waterdeep, then.'.

Yasu says 'I brought a couple of bottles of mead, for all...'
Yasu gets a bottle of strawberry-flavoured mead from a travellers pack.
Yasu settles the bottles down onto the table looking up at you blushing slightly 'Yes, I am Yasu, of Waterdeep.'.

Yasu drops a bottle of strawberry-flavoured mead.

Levine narrows her gaze gently, relenting in her composure for a soft chuckle. 'Ah, you will likely need to carry those along, then,' she advises, gaze dipping back to her box for a time. She looks up at Dasiana expectantly.

The last patrons of the night leave grudgingly, if not drunkenly, for the streets.

A grubby man bumps his head on the doorframe and expels a bitter curse on his attempt to make his way out through the western door.

Dasiana rolls her eyes and shares a conspiratorial look with a pursed smile with you all. 'Could someone close that door to the street-' Her finger points west. '-and push him out with it, please?'.

Ithrael chuckles gratingly.

Ithrael opens the purple door.
Ithrael shoves the grubby man out the door, closing it swiftly behind him.
Ithrael closes the purple door.
Thud! Ithrael unceremoniously shoves the man out of The Haze.

Dasiana goes over to the other door to shut it too.
Thud! The eastern door shuts. Dasiana latches it.
You close the purple door.

Dasiana gestures to a clear space somewhere before the long bar counter, striding towards it herself while she talks. 'Would you all mind standing somewhere around there, please? Maybe you can do some introductions to get to know each other in the meantime!'.

Ithrael nods, moving to the counter space indicated, 'Ithrael Corpseborn, of Skullport.'.

Levine walks over to the bar counter, taking her box with her. She produces some folded clothes, setting three sets down there. 'Trenchcoats and deerstalker caps, if you wish to don them - the great sage Sherlock Holmes was known to adorn himself with these.'.

You drop a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
You drop a tweed deerstalker cap.

Yasu stands by the counter and offers a wave, while smiling 'Still Yasu, of Waterdeep.' a moment of sympathy is in his eyes looking at Ichi he glances to Ithrael blinking at him with a keen curiosity.
Yasu leans over gathering the wares, and placing them around himself, he smiles 'Oh, I believe I have read of his apprentice Watts.' giggling softly.
Yasu gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Yasu holds a glass of pink lemonade in his right hand.
Yasu drinks juice from a glass of pink lemonade.

Ichi turns his head to listen to Dasiana as he stands up, asking 'Eheh, where exactly do you want me to go?' He listens to the introductions, bowing his head. 'I am just a blind masseur that works here.'.

Yasu dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon his head.
Yasu fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on his body.

Dasiana shoots Ichi a look and points vaguely. 'There, by the bar counter! Right with you!'.

Yasu feels the roughness of the tweed, murmering 'You know a plaid sheepwool fabric might-' he pauses before smiling looking around 'not be as wonderful as these, they are lovely.'.
Ichi opens his mouth in an enlightened expression, picking his walking stick up and starting to shuffle without its aid towards the counter. He stops short of it, head bowed, and drinks with his cup held in the palm of his hand. 'It is very nice to meet you' he utters. 'Especially you' he says, looking eye-to-eye with Ithrael.
Ithrael smiles at Ichi as he replies, 'Most say that at first'.
Levine nods towards Yasu. 'A brilliant apprentice,' she returns, lips pressing together slightly at Yasu's pause at they curve gently at the corners. 'History does not need to be lovely, does it?' she asks Yasu.

You say, OOC, 'Before we begin, just a quick OOC briefing.'
You say, OOC, 'Firstly, thank you for making the time to come for this little RPG in an RPG. I really, really appreciate it! This one was hard to organise because 7 regular players played it already, so the pool of players to cold call from was pretty low.'
You say, OOC, 'Fair warning, this is going to be very text-heavy.'
You say, OOC, 'This RPG is mostly RP-based how interesting it would be depends on how you RP. There is a storyline, though, so its not like you can go "..and then I go and find Big Red." Spoiler alert, Big Red isnt in this story.'
Ithrael says, OOC, 'THat's a good thing! lol'
You say, OOC, 'Because there may be more participants in the rest of April (thats when Im closing this), I ask that the contents of the following story be kept hush hush. It's all IC, and feel free to talk -about- it, but please don't spoil the story! Telling people who the parties who organised The Mystery were, how you found it, etc, all that is fair game.'
Ithrael says, OOC, 'Understood'
Yasu says, OOC, '*nods*'
You say, OOC, 'Big Red might've mauled the whole party and no one would want to attend anymore :('
Ichi says with a polite gesture bearing both hands around his stick. 'It has been a common joke that you and I should be friends, given my sight' he says to Ithrael. Lowering his eyes he closes them again, sifting a breath through his pipe.
Levine passes a glance between Ichi and Ithrael, the amusement lingering in her face while she watches Dasiana busy herself with cleaning up.
You say, OOC, 'As a sidenote, I actually have the concepts for the next three ready to be written, so if this one takes off more, I will write more. Right now, response has been consistently sparse, but I havent quite figured out if there is a consistent, dominant reason why. If you have any ideas, or heard anything, Id be happy to hear.'
You say, OOC, 'If, however, there are no more runs, congratulations, and I'll see you at the next Party of the Tenday, fingers crossed.'
You say, OOC, 'Another thing would be the speeds at which your party parties! So looking at it, it seems like we all have vastly different smote speeds - we'll learn about each other along the way :) This has taken 3 hours at least, and about 4+ hours at most.'
You say, OOC, 'Finally, The Mystery of Viversnare Manor was brainstormed and written by myself and Kaizera.'
You say, OOC, 'Who's Kaizera? She doesn't really play anymore, but we get together and talk sometimes, and she's great at helping me put my thoughts together into something usable here.'
Yasu waves his hands faintly to clear the air around him of any smoke, his frame hefting upwards a bit as he clears his lungs in a 'hrrrmmmph' looking to Dasiana with interest then looking to Ichi 'Why would it be a joke?' he inquires his tone of genuine curiosity there as he looks to Ithrael as if he knows.
You say, OOC, 'Oh wait, and one more thing. When The Mystery is closed, I will be posting a log of your session on the forums. Let me know if there is anything along the way that you want to remove from the logs.'
You say, OOC, 'Thats all! Any questions?'
Ithrael says, OOC, 'I can't think of any at the moment. :)'
Yasu says, OOC, 'nope, thanks for putting this together, and thanks to Kaizera for the intellectual property :)'
Ichi says, OOC, 'I think I'm good for now'
Yasu says, OOC, 'I almost read that as for meow'
Levine extracts some sheafs of paper from her box, leaving the party with a polite inclination of her head to set up shop in a corner. She poses quill to parchment, observing.
Ithrael says, OOC, 'I *did* read that as meow....'

Other players will see your pose as 'Levine is seated here in a dark corner, observing.'.

Ichi holds a lacquered oak walking stick in his left hand.

Dasiana arrives at the bar and spins round. 'Well then! Where do I begin?'.
The question is rhetorical.

Ithrael drinks tea from a cup of minted Glaemril tea.
Yasu holds a glass of pink lemonade in his right hand.

The purple curtains to the windows shut along the length of the tavern one by one, shutting out the light from the outside.

The dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders go out.

Ithrael turns to focuus his attention on your narrative, sipping from his tea quietly.

Ithrael drinks tea from a cup of minted Glaemril tea.

The entire tavern is cast in complete darkness.
For the first time in decades, at least, the doors officially close on The Purple Haze Tavern.
The wind shifts around you despite the closed windows and doors.

Yasu glances around as the ambience to the tavern is cast, sipping from his glass of pink lemonade.

Several youthful voices whisper in unison from around the room.

Ichi says little more for the moment despite a very sunken smile that plays out on his face. He picks up his tea with his fingers bowed to do so.
Ichi drinks tea from a cup of minted Glaemril tea.

'From the organisers of The Party of the Tenday'

'The Purple Haze Tavern'

'And the Eels of Zhentil Keep'


'The Raventhirst Case Files Presents'

'The Mystery of Viversnare Manor'


A lamp near the ceiling in front of you is lit, revealing Dasiana seated on a tall stool, leaning back against the bar casually.

Levine steps forward into the spotlight from the side, apparently having left her post again. She inclines her head politely.

You say 'Thank you all for being in attendance to witness Dasiana's dramatic retelling of a Raventhirst Case File: The Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'
Dasiana offers a pleasant smile to the audience.
You say 'To give some background, the Raventhirst Case Files are a collection of old cases that have been closed for various reasons, in Zhentil Keep's crime archives.'
You say 'Through my conversations with Dasiana, I learnt of this one mystery from quite some time back concerning Viversnare Manor that had rather drawn my interest. Although the case has been closed, Dasiana heard many things over time that she took the creative liberty to piece together.'

Yasu blinks.

You say 'The result, was so fascinating a theory to myself, that I had made some arrangements to see it played out.'
Levine turns to regard Dasiana with an arch of her brow. 'Without further ado, then?' She steps out of the spotlight and returns to, presumably, her makeshift office in the corner.

The glow of the spotlight on Dasiana intensifies briefly, drawing your attention.
As she talks, you find yourself gripped by the tale. The waitress is, without a doubt, a master storyteller.

Dasiana says 'A long time ago, before Oparil's Tower was known as such, the building was owned by the rich, powerful, and fearsome merchant... Don Perignon.'

You notice a shadow of a man pop up on the wall behind Dasiana, illustrating her tale.

Dasiana says 'Not only was he a merchant, he was also in the elite ranks of the Zhentarim, and as a merchant, had a solid reputation for being as reliable as a merchant could be, as long as the price was right.'

Dasiana says 'Allies loved him. Enemies hated him.'

The silhouettes of crowns and coins rise up beside the figure, along with mobs cheering and booing Don Perignon.

Dasiana says 'Whatever the story, though, Don Perignon was famous. He was known for throwing wild parties with wild themes.'

You see wild parties and wild themes in the shadow puppet show.
Dasiana lowers her voice in a sinister manner. 'But not anymore.'.
Yasu smiles.

The shadow puppets all disappear.

Dasiana asks 'Would anyone like to make a guess why that is?'

...
OOC: When you see three dots in succession, it means it is your turn to move!
OOC: You can do whatever you like, whenever you like, regardless.

Ichi listens with his head bent, saying 'He disappear.'.
Yasu arches a brow, his lips tighten 'He was murdered?'.
Ithrael whispers ominously, 'death arrives unbidden'.

Dasiana nods at the answers, 'Well, he definitely disappeared. Whether he welcomed death or got murdered, we might just find out!'.
Dasiana says 'Whatever it is, Don Perignon was last seen at his own party, which was a masquerade.'
Dasiana says 'Twenty one guests from various important backgrounds were in attendance. Twenty guests disappeared at that masquerade. Vanished without a trace.'
Dasiana says 'So one night, exactly one year from the masquerade, I met Mister Number Twenty-one right here in The Haze while on duty.'

The spotlight goes off. You are consumed by the darkness and heavy silence again.

A crisp voice of a young boy sounds out from the darkness. 'You are about to embark on a dramatic interactive journey to investigate and discover the Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'
'There will be TWO stopping points where each of you will make a private guess on what happened to everyone at the masquerade.'
'Just contact the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula over there in the corner, well it's dark now, but just contact her via amulet with your guesses during these stopping points.'

Ichi asks thoughtfully, 'Twenty one is an auspicious number. Twenty two is not. How many I wonder were there in number.'.

'So make sure to keep your brains active, and keep your guesses to yourself! We will review all the guesses at the end of the story, and the first person to guess it right will win a little extra memento from the Lady!'

'And now, without further ado..."

A spotlight comes on behind you upon a small squarish table. Dasiana wears a fancy noble's man-robes.
A sign on the table reads 'Mister Number Twenty-one'

Dasiana looks pretty down in the dumps, brooding over her empty tankard at the table. It is quite the eyesore.
Ithrael turns to Dasiana, squinting at the sudden light.
Dasiana gives a loud hiccup to draw the attention of the party.

...

Yasu cants his head paying attention to Dasiana 'Hello Mister Twenty, how fares your night?' he sips from his pink lemonade casually.'.
Ichi knocks out his pipe on the bar with a sudden tink. He picks apart some of the bread with his knuckles, chewing over it as he listens with his head bent towards Dasiana.
Ithrael hms softly as he ponders out loud, 'And is this the first, or the last to disappear?'.
Ichi eats warm brown bread drizzled with sesame oil.
Dasiana looks at Yasu forlornly. 'I'm Number Twenty-one,' she corrects Yasu, despite herself. 'These are sad, sad times. I've just come back to visit and pay respects to my brother's niche.'.
Ithrael watches Dasiana curiously,"And what, pray-tell, is your brother's niche, good Mister Twenty-One? I am all atwitter to hear your words, goodsir.
Ichi swallows as he digests his thoughts, allowing a moment for Ithrael and Yasu to speak.
Dasiana makes circles with her hands. 'Just an empty box, now. He doesn't have any remains, they just couldn't find anything!' She interrupts the end of her statement with a choked sob.
Yasu feigns a drunken state and hiccups to keep the drunken banter 'Tha- ts right twenty ONE' he makes a hiccup sound before looking to Ithrael and Ichi 'Sad times indeed, to lose such a niche.' he nods empathetically 'Is your Brother Mister Perignon?' he inquires passively.
Ichi frowns, overhearing Dasiana with a sort of nod in quiet reply to Yasu. 'When was the last time you spoke?' He asks.

Dasiana slaps her palm on the table. 'A niche!' She draws rectangular outline in the air. 'Place to store dead people remains, or, in this case.. just a photo and some other notable things. He's just.. somebody,' she makes it up lamely. She looks up at Ichi, blinking very hard in her attempt to produce tears. 'Well, I was right there at the masquerade with him!'.
Dasiana says 'I left early, you see. The food didn't sit well with me.'

You hear the soft scratching sounds of parchment on paper from the corner where the Dollmaker was last seen sitting.

Ithrael inclines his head to Dasiana as he speaks, 'And you are the sole survivor. Your Loss is noted, Mister Twenty-one. It is a great travail you have endured. Can you speak on any misgivings that someone at the party may have given you ere you fell ill and left?'.
Ichi adjusts his lower lip, an expression like that of pity crossing his brow. 'Please, go on. I am very interested to know what you said to each other.'.

Dasiana shakes her head at Ithrael, though she looks Ithrael up and down with some curiosity at the earlier statements. 'No, why would anyone have anything against me? Don Perignon always had good parties. Maybe someone was trying to save me, even, seeing as they all disappeared.'.

Yasu blinks and snaps to at the sound of the palm hitting the table 'Yes, I am aware of a what a niche is, place off to yourself.' he nods a little 'What was the photo of?' he inquires 'Portraits and the like are great token of memories.' he begins to dream off of all the works of art he has witnessed before asking 'What did you eat?'.

Dasiana says 'Well, not much was said that wouldn't normally be said. And not much was eaten that wouldn't normally be eaten.'
Dasiana says 'But when I went home, and slept, and awoke the next morning, we realised that my brother was missing.'
Dasiana says 'And then, we realised that more than just my brother was missing, but all the guests at the party, except for me.'

Yasu blinks.
Ichi has something to eat himself as he considers this, asking with his mouth full 'did you know every one else there, or were there new guests that night maybe?'.
Ichi eats warm brown bread drizzled with sesame oil.

Dasiana gives an appropriately-timed sob and brings her empty tankard to her mouth, pretending to take a drink. 'It was a masquerade! I recognised some people, but it's always hard to tell in a masquerade, anyway.'.
Dasiana says 'Anyway, everyone contacted the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigations, and the detectives did a preliminary walkthrough of the manor, but nothing seemed to be out of place.'
Dasiana says 'Everything was neat, and there was just no sign of violence or break-ins.'

Ithrael taps a finger against his pursed lip in thought for a moment before speaking, 'Any trails perhaps, showing that they'd been lured away?'.
Ichi draws his face downward in a thought, nodding as he eats. 'Did you have any thing to drink when you were at the party?'.
Yasu shakes his head as he thinks 'Means they meant to leave, or were forced...'.

Dasiana stands up quite suddenly now, leaving her tankard on the table and swaying on her feet. 'Look, I don't know anything else. I just came here to visit my brother, and there is simply no use dwelling on the past. I should sleep the intoxication off. Goodbye.'.
Dasiana stumbles out of the spotlight with a throaty gurgle and hiccup for good measure.
Dasiana returns into the light, continuing her story as herself.
Dasiana says 'After this encounter, I collected so many details about the party bits here and pieces there.'
Dasiana says 'It all begins with a party invitation...'

The lights go down. It is dark again, and silence reigns, if only for just a moment.

You hear some shuffling sounds behind you, a harsh, hushed whisper, a grunt, and a curse.

You feel something flutter in the darkness and fall delicately on your feet.

A very dim light illuminates the place, and you see four fragile pieces of white parchment folded into an origami heart.

Ithrael sniffs the air, looking down at his feet at the parchments.
Ithrael says 'Curiouser and curiouser.'
Yasu reaches down picking up the parchment.
Ithrael stops using damascened darkened gauntlets set with aquamarines.
Ichi taps his stick onto a parchment to hold it down and bends to pick it up, crouching with a hand kept high on the cane.

-----
Greetings, (the name looks garbled here)!

The great merchant Don Perignon requests the honour of your
Presence for a Masquerade, and to feast in style at the famed
Viversnare Manor.

Bring your best mask, your best suit, this invitation, and
Please, an empty stomach, for we have much to fill your bellies
With!

At your earliest convenience,
REPONDEZ, S'IL VOUS PLAIT

OOC: Do NOT give items to NPCs. Just emote it and drop them on the floor if need be.

Behind your party, a row of standing torches have been set up, around what looks like a reception desk with bright cheery ornaments dangling off it.

Ichi turns the heart in his hands to feel it, his eyes lifted pointlessly away from the parchment. 'Hmph' he says to himself, considering the thing in his hands. 'This must be a love letter to me' he jests, lifting the heart to smell it.

Dasiana sits at this desk looking somehow bored, and miserable through her mask, and very much like she is at a funeral. She rests her chin in her hand, perpetually on the verge of rolling her eyes.
Dasiana notices the party, finally succumbing to eye-rolling. 'WelcometotheMasqueradeatViversnareManor.Businessorpleasure?' she drawls without taking a breath, like she's said this a million times before.

Ithrael nods to Yasu and says to Ichi , 'Perhaps we turn in our invitations here,' as he hands one to Dasiana , 'Many thanks, doorman, and our business is pleasure, as ever.'.
Yasu blinks as he looks over the parchment 'The bottom-' he says trying to repeat the french words momentarily before blinking to Dasiana 'Pleasure, Always, here for the party.' he hands over the invitation and then reaches in his pack.
Yasu straps a smooth golden mask with upturned ends around his head.

Dasiana looks up at Ithrael boredly, making it seem like Ithrael and Yasu are offending her peace. 'Yeah, whatever. You have your invitations- Yeah.' She snatches Yasu's invitation and reads it, the other hand doing its own thing.
Dasiana pokes her finger idly at a pile of white origami hearts in a basket. She swirls her finger around the pile and stirs up some black origami paper folded into knives from beneath it.

A black origami knife flutters onto the ground.
You drop a black origami knife.

Ithrael raises an eyebrow.
Yasu Hmmmms...
Ithrael looks intently at the black paper knife, before looking up to Dasiana , 'And the purpose of the paper-art?'.
Dasiana stares at Ithrael. 'What? I'm not a designer. Ask the designer.'.

Ichi lifts his eyebrows to Dasiana as he turns from listening to Ithrael. 'Ah' he says very quietly, 'I apologize. I believe I have been invited here.' He offers the folded paper clenched tight by his thumb, waiting for it to be taken like a ticket and unfolded. The sound of the fluttering shape draws a turn of his head.

Dasiana makes a sound that sounds like an extended 'ughhh' , choosing to ignore the fallen thing in favour of her scribbling unintelligible administrative things on a piece of parchment. 'Dumb system. I can't even tell who each invitation is addressed to. Keep it,' she goes blandly, returning Yasu's invitation and brushing roughly against Ichi's as she goes along.
Dasiana suddenly takes notice of everyone's clothes while writing, saying sarcastically 'Oh is -that- what you're wearing?'.

Ichi says thoughtfully, 'May I ask you some thing?'.
Dasiana sighs very noisily at Ichi. 'Yes. What?'.
Yasu leans into Ithrael 'it isn't paper, it is real..' he whispers as he looks back to Dasiana then to Ithrael with a grin.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Ichi gets a lough out of Dasiana. 'You must excuse me. I am always at a masquerade' he insists with a smirk, 'I never see who I am really talking to. Or how poorly I look, I apologize. I want to know how many other people like yourself live and work here, if you do not mind. I believe in the divine numbers.'.
Yasu gazes thoughtfully at Ichi and says 'Hmmm.'

Dasiana stares deadpan at Ichi. 'Unless you can divine the number of fingers I'm pointing at you now, I'm probably not going to know how many staff work here, sonny.'.

Ichi approaches to try and feel Dasiana by the hand to tell how many fingers there are.
Yasu looks around the manor appraisingly as he nods to Ichi then looks around 'When was the party noticed missing?' he inquires with interest 'And was everything cleaned up from the night before?'.

Dasiana stops writing and snaps at Ichi. 'HEY! What's wrong with you people!? Do I need to hold your hands and lead you in?' She points behind the party. 'I've no idea what you're talking about, Masquerade is in there. Go!'.
dasianaecho {80}Some small figures wearing black hooded cloaks emerge from the darkness to snuff out the lights on the standing torches. The place goes dark.
Some small figures wearing black hooded cloaks emerge from the darkness to snuff out the lights on the standing torches. The place goes dark.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.

The same crisp voice of a young boy from before sounds out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your first stopping point!'

Yasu blinks.

The same crisp voice of a young boy from before sounds out from the darkness. 'You might think that there haven't been any clues, but there were really quite a fair bit!'
'Send your first guess to the Dollmaker now. What happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'

Ichi frowns a moment, nodding as he considers things over once more in his head.

Ithrael tells you 'Lured away, via a Pied Piper type antagonisth?'
You tell Ithrael 'Received.'

Yasu tells you 'They are being held by the brother.'
You tell Yasu 'Received.'

Ichi tells you 'For now the survivor is the suspect. It is sad that is how the world is, but it is how things are. There are such things as money to consider. It is easy to become detached when you are doing something horrible like killing a family member.'
You tell Ichi 'Received.'

You say, OOC, 'Anyone need a quick break?'
Ichi says, OOC, 'I am alright'
Yasu says, OOC, 'I am good :)'
Ithrael says, OOC, 'Im fine thankees'

'Alright, let's get right back to it!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.

In the darkness, you sense a flurry of movement all around you. A little gasp pierces the determined silence, and you hear the sounds of wood and other things being shifted about around you.
When the lights come back on, you and your party see that The Haze has been completely restyled and its former clutter gone, albeit in a very minimalistic way.
The winds seem to shift differently, indicating some expanse of space now.

Welcome to Viversnare Manor.

Yasu hums a little tune.

You are in a grand ballroom. A giant gold-leafed mask hangs from the ceiling, and the walls are decorated with many other masks displayed in frames.
No one else is around. Some happy music for dancing to seems to be playing from some rooms away in the Manor. An expectant silence ensues.

...

Ichi sniffs at the air to tell a few things quickly, like where food is, and probably the dung pile, and the women, not necessarily in that order of importance. He begins to walk forward at a crippling pace of slow steps swaying his stick before him, til he passes in proper to the manor. He listens to his feet to tell if the floor is wooden or stone, giving pause to do so.

You tell Ichi, OOC 'The floor is the same as before. The structure of the Haze is still the same.'

> look
Ichi is sitting hunched at a table, an arm folded up his sleeve.
Ithrael is standing before a cleared before the long bar counter..
Yasu is leaning against the bar with a smile upon his face.

Yasu hums softly to the tune, and acts as though he has picked a partner into a waltz suddenly stopping at the silence as he looks around.
Ithrael merely lurks against a wall, out of the center of attention, watching everything curiously.
Ichi draws his face up with a thought and asks, 'Do you think there is some thing hidden on your invitations?'.

A brief, but sharp light seems to glint off the gold-leafed mask and the other framed masks.

Ithrael says 'I believe the ...hmm...'
Ithrael looks at the masks intently, 'How many masks are there in all?'.
Ichi says to Ithrael 'Lend me your eyes a moment if you do not mind, even if it is against the so-call rules. All I can see is the dark here.'
Ichi gets a sort of self-amused short laugh.
Ithrael chuckles as he catches himself nodding to Ichi , 'Of course. What do you wish to see?'.
Ichi asks, 'You mentioned masks? Will you tell me what they look like?'.

You tell Ithrael, OOC 'You see just a countless number of masks. You can count them, if you like.'

Yasu squints his eyes as the gleam hits them, and then giggles 'Yes, how many-' he inquires before looking at the mask saying 'The large one hanging is gold leafed, and the ballroom is decorated in crimson red.'.

Ithrael says to Ichi 'You see countless number of masks, you can count them, if you like'

You tell Ithrael, OOC 'The masks are an assortment of masks. Some full-faced, some half-face, some fancier, some more plain. No distinct differences.'

Ichi bows his head to Ithrael saying 'Even with my eyes wide open. I cannot see a thing.'.
Yasu says to Ichi 'You poor soul...'
Ichi says 'Do not pity me. I put my eyes out myself.'
Yasu tightens his lips as he says 'Well now I pity you more...'.
Levine emits a snort of amusement from her corner.

Ithrael says to Ichi 'There is a variety of the, some full-faced, some half-faced. Some quite fancy, others rather plain. No distinct differences are discernable'
Ithrael looks at Yasu and says 'tsk tsk tsk'.
Ichi circles a hand with a dismissive 'hrmm' putting it away up his sleeve. 'These masks are likely for wearing inside' he concludes.
Yasu clears his throat and nods to Ithrael as he glances to Dasiana.
Ichi approaches to take two for himself, stealing away one.

Yasu asks Dasiana 'Do you know which Mask Lord Piergnon is wearing?'
Dasiana is not there.
Dasiana shakes her head, keeping resolutely mum.

Ithrael says 'Likely the large golden one, I'd imagine. Merely for supposition, of course. The host would likely prefer to have the most ornate and costly'
Ithrael shrugs, 'But who can tell, for certes?'.

A light glints specifically off the framed masks, like a heavy hint.

Yasu looks over the framed masks saying 'Are there any frames that look different than the others, made out of a different material?'.
You tell Yasu, OOC 'You notice nothing in particular, though one frame with four masks within seems to have a loose door.'

Ithrael hms, wondering out loud, 'Any runes or markings about the frames?'.
You tell Ithrael, OOC 'You notice nothing in particular, though one frame with four masks within seems to have a loose door.'

Ichi turns his head, asking Yasu 'Frames? What is in them?'.
Yasu says to Ichi 'Masks, goodman.'

Ichi squints as if to see the frames, looking in the wrong direction. 'Can you look at them very closely? I have a feeling... Aheh. Please, show me where they are' he beckons with an arm.
Yasu examines all the masks and then moves to one with four masks within, pulling softly a loud CREECK emits.

After the CREECK is a CRASHHHH!!!

Yasu blinks as he looks around, adjusting his mask 'It was loose before! I promise!'.
Ichi jumps back, whirling about expectantly.

The door to the frame falls onto the ground. Yasu of Waterdeep broke it. Uh oh!

Ithrael takes Ichi elbow gently, as he leads him towards Yasu but is interrupted by the CRASHHHH!

The four masks lie strewn on the ground, intact.

Ithrael says to Ichi 'Watch your step, there's now debris of all kinds on the floor there, now'

You drop a blue peacock mask.
You drop a black raven mask.
You drop a white cat mask.
You drop a golden eagle mask.

Ithrael gets a black raven mask.
Yasu gets a golden eagle mask.

Ithrael chuckles gratingly, 'I'll take the raven'.
Ichi turns his head every which way. He walks very carefully, poking at the trash on the ground. 'Well. I as going to do that a little gentler maybe' he says poking at the cat mask.
Ithrael asks Ichi 'Of the cat and peacock, which do you prefer?'
Ichi says 'Is this a cat? I had a cat mask once.'
Ichi gets a white cat mask.

As each of you wears a mask, you feel the air shift a little. The closed curtains to the Haze are stirred gently by the breeze.

You tell Ichi 'Something tells you that the masks should all be worn, and worn at all times.'

Yasu takes the eagle as he 'I tried, but it was..not attached.' he murmers 'This eagle looks so majestic.'.
Yasu straps a golden eagle mask around his head.
You tell Yasu 'Mirror, mirror, on the wall...'

You say, OOC, 'Oh, sorry! I guess you can all wear the mask if you like. >.<'

Ichi cradles his stick in his elbow as he lifts the mask to gently feel upon its surface with his fingers. He smiles as the presence comes, saying 'These are not normal masks.'.
Ithrael holds the mask to his face, but keeping it well away from the brand across his forehead.
You tell Ithrael 'Nothing seems to happen for you.'

Ichi gropes at the mask as he turns it over delicately to massage its features, feeling for any hidden inscription. 'These are part of some thing. Whatever they are meant to do. They are meant to do together.'.
You tell Ichi, OOC 'You feel no inscriptions.'

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Yasu pulls the mask from his face as he murmers 'Magic.'.
Yasu stops using a golden eagle mask.

Ithrael hms softly as he peers through the eyeholes of the mask, 'They seem to have no effect, nor any affect, either on me, or on my perceptions of the surroundings'.

The light from the next room pulses in the doorway, drawing you and your party to it.

Will you indulge the pulse?

Yasu looks to the pulse of light and walks towards it 'I wonder...'.
Ichi takes the other mask, saying 'We should wear them at the same time I believe.'.
Ichi gets a blue peacock mask.
Ichi considers the mask, smiling. 'We have to find a fourth person after all.'.
Ichi says as he slowly ambles towards what he feels drawing him on. 'We can meet eighteen more at least.'.
Ithrael says 'Who is the most two-faced? They can simply pull double duty, so to speak'
Ichi asks 'Heh heh. Wearing two masks at once like a many faced god?'

A small, hooded and cloaked figure hastily comes out and delivers the origami knife to Yasu of Waterdeep before running off.
You get a black origami knife.
Yasu Hmmmms...
Yasu blinks.
You give a black origami knife to Yasu.

Ichi turns his head at Yasu. 'What did you get there? Another message no doubt.'.

Yasu looks down at the knife and then murmers 'It is a knife.'.
You tell Yasu, OOC 'You notice it is the same knife from before.'

You tell Ichi 'Looking through the mask, you notice the black invitation glowing prominently in Yasu's possession.'

You say, OOC, 'Let's pause a moment - Ithrael's internet just went out, I believe. He may have to reboot.'
Ichi eats warm brown bread drizzled with sesame oil.
Ichi drinks tea from a cup of minted Glaemril tea.
You say, OOC, 'Yes, do eat and drink as you need!'
Yasu says, OOC, 'Yes :)'
Yasu says, OOC, 'I need to eat :)'
You say, OOC, 'He extends his apologies!'
You say, OOC, 'Is the speed okay so far? Too fast, too slow?'
Yasu says, OOC, 'great speed for me'
Ithrael has lost his link.
Ithrael has reconnected, kicking off old link.
You say, OOC, 'wb!'
Ithrael says, OOC, 'Thankees :)'
Ichi says, OOC, 'You're doing well'
You say, OOC, 'Nothing particularly of note happened while you were gone, except the stage hand gave Yasu the origami knife, presumably from before.'
Ithrael says, OOC, 'Okies, thanks'
You say, OOC, 'And everyone is walking through the door...'

As you walk through the door, you arrive at a luxurious dining hall, where a table is set for over twenty people. There is no one, and the food hasn't been served.
Delectable smells of stew, roasted meat and baked goods waft in from the kitchen.

Ichi cringes in expression as he says soberly, 'Only the blind can see. I understand' he says to himself.
You tell Ichi 'You -felt- it in your bones, if you wished.'


End Part 1 of 2, continued below.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 am

Run #3: Ichi, Ithrael, Yasu

Part 2 of 2:

The cheery music is louder here, along with a man's voice speaking. The sounds seem to come from the parlour.

Ichi says 'Take your mask and put it on then. Take out your messages and open them.'

...

Will your party go to the kitchen or parlour?

Ithrael Hmmmms...
Ichi remarks, 'What an interesting way to conceal ones writings. I had heard of messages that could only be seen through some special lens. Tell me, Yasu? What does your message say with your mask on?'.
Ithrael turns to Yasu and Ichi , 'Was there any mention of the staff? Were they missing also? No noble worth his blue-blood would dare service a party with no staff'.
Ichi shakes his head to Ithrael. 'To be quite sure. I have considered the staff quite likely for vengeance, even if I have not thought so because of how very lazy most are.'.
Yasu looks at his note and opens it up glancing around with interest 'Smells wonderful.' he says then glancing to the parlour 'Oh the just sounds like a chatty bunch.' he implies before smiling 'Message?' he nods in agreement to Ithrael 'Quite true.'.

You tell Yasu, OOC 'On one side of this invitation seems to be something that is displayed like a poem. The words look to be written by hand, and in a design so archaic that it makes it hard to decipher. It does, also, look like it could be written backwards in some way, but you can't determine it yet.'

Yasu Hmmmms...
Yasu says to Ichi 'Staff has been known to revolt.'
Ichi insists to Yasu 'Yes. Here' he says taking off his mask and offering it to Yasu. 'Open your letter, look at it with this.'.

Ichi gives a white cat mask to Yasu.
Yasu holds the cat mask up to his face, as he looks around momentarily.
You tell Yasu 'Something tells you that the masks should all be worn, and worn at all times.'

Yasu gives a white cat mask to Ichi.
Yasu blinks at the cat mask and nods 'Magic.' he implies before steping back from it looking back to Ichi 'Perhaps the staff is in on this together.'.

Yasu straps a golden eagle mask around his head.
You tell Yasu 'Mirror, mirror, on the wall...'

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

A faint light pulses from the kitchen, but also from the parlour. Where will your party go?

Yasu Hmmmms...
Ichi frowns, saying 'Conspiracy has left this hidden for many years. There is a whole world behind the dark alley, in the sewer. Under your feet.' He nods to himself. 'May I see what that person gave you?' He asks Yasu.

Yasu gives a black origami knife to Ichi.

Ichi expertly unfolds the knife with delicate un-creasing.
You tell Ichi, OOC 'If Ichi can read it, on one side of this invitation seems to be something that is displayed like a poem. The words look to be written by hand, and in a design so archaic that it makes it hard to decipher. It does, also, look like it could be written backwards in some way, but you can't determine it yet.'
Ichi replies to you, OOC 'Sadly, he can't read it, but... Ithrael is probably due for some usefulness!'

Yasu hands the paper to Ichi as he murmers 'well...I say we go to the parlour.' he states 'I am already full.' rubbing his tummy in a circular motion.
Ithrael nods his head in agreement with Yasu.

The light pulses indulgently at Yasu's suggestion.

Ichi turns over the paper and tries to read with his fingers by the indentions of the quill, a finger tracing one letter at a time carefully.

You tell Ichi, OOC 'You determine nothing of note.'

Ichi frowns, saying 'Here, here. Look at this' he declares holding up the black knife.

The blind man shows the black origami knife to the party, all unfolded.

Yasu looks at Ichi.

Ichi says thoughtfully, 'This must be some thing like instruction. It is... Unusual. However, please, read it aloud for me?'.

The light pulses from the parlour.

Yasu arches a brow then looks for the paper.
Ichi holds up the parchment to Yasu at eye-level offering it back.
Ichi gives a black origami knife to Yasu.
Yasu digs down into the dirt, obviously ready to do battle.
Yasu squats down as though he might be readying for battle, as he squints to read.

The unfolding of the paper knife seems to have disassembled the words. The marks on it are unintelligible anyway.

Yasu blinks at the paper and then shakes his head 'Cannot make out what it says...' he admits bashfully.
Ichi squints at a sensation, saying 'No worry, neither can I. Which way do you think we should go from here?'.
Yasu peers around and nods softly 'Still sticking with the parlour.'.

Will your party enter the parlour?

Ichi gives a stern nod of agreement to Yasu. 'Very well.'.

Would your party like to -walk- to the parlour doorway?
OOC: Via a smote..?

Ithrael agrees, 'Parlour, I believe'.
Yasu nods.

an amulet of communication glows briefly as Ithrael activates it.
Ithrael walks to the parlour as his amulet flashes dully.
Ichi begins to amble on to the direction he suspects is the parlour, walking slower than the others with some head start.

The music keeps going when you enter the parlour, but the man's voice abruptly stops. Like the other rooms, there is no one here.

There's a reading corner, with a bookshelf and bar.
One entire wall is mirrored.

Yasu continues to follow the other two into the parlour walking while humming softly.

You tell Yasu 'Mirror, mirror, on the wall...'

Ichi asks of Ithrael 'Would you tell me what there is? It seems important now.'.
Ithrael says to Ichi 'Of course'
Yasu blinks as he murmers something under his breathe softly, looking around the room appraisingly.
Ithrael turns about, describing the room to Ichi, 'One wall is entirely mirrored, there is a corner for reading, with a bookshelf and a bar. Though the music plays still, but there is no one aside from us, here'.
Ithrael says 'Perhaps the bookshelf holds a clue, perhaps'
Yasu looks to the mirror as he says 'It is as if the...' he pauses 'Mirror.' he pauses again 'Mirror' he repeats nodding to himself 'Could show Piergnon.'.
Ichi ponderously moves towards the mirror wall stopping just short of it. 'Is that so?' He ponders. 'There is legend of a whole world between mirrors. I wonder.'.
Ichi asks, 'Are you both wearing those strange masks we found?'.
Yasu says 'I am.'
Ithrael is still holding the mask up to his face, while keeping it clear of the weeping brand across his forehead, 'Close to wearing, but not actually wearing'.

A faint squeaking alerts you to the presence of nearby rodents.
Yasu Hmmmms...
Ichi holds up the peacock mask. 'There is still this mask. Together, the four must have some greater secret, together they should be worn. So we will have to risk explosions it seems.'.
Yasu giggles at Ichi's actions.

A beam of light gets strategically aimed from the shadows at the bookshelf.

Ithrael moves over to the reading corner to peer at the bookshelf.
You tell Ithrael, OOC 'The bookshelf contains books written in a variety of languages.'
You tell Ithrael, OOC 'One of them in particular says 'Through the Looking Glass''

Ithrael says to Ichi 'Perhaps your legendary mirror world is not so farfetched as all that.'
Ithrael says 'Hm....so many books, but one seems to stand out. Called Through the Looking Glass'
Yasu looks over to the bookshelf as he nods 'Yes, it says all should be worn together.' he pauses to look back Ithrael nodding in agreement 'I agree.'.
You tell Yasu, OOC 'You see the same things that Ithrael mentioned, the books, and one that stands out.'
Yasu says 'Through the Looking Glass'

Ichi frowns, saying 'It is often associated with mirror demons.'.

A beam of light strategically aims itself at the unfolded origami knife in Yasu of Waterdeep's possession.

Ichi puts the other mask on backwards as if he were truly two-faced. It does just as much good for him.

Ithrael walks over to the mirrored wall at one corner, then peers at it closely with the mask held to his face, placing a fingertip against the surface, pressing lightly.
You tell Ithrael, OOC 'You feel a mirror.'
Ithrael hms, pressing his finger in different places down the wall, 'Feels precisely like a mirror'.

Yasu looks back to the mirrored wall before saying 'There must be some keyword that unlocks the door.'.

Ichi insists, 'I don't know very much about magic, other than what passes for banter with drunk wizards. However. I believe that my suspicion has been correct. There is a secret between these words we have been given, yet until now it has remained hidden. I wonder, can ' you feel any thing from that one message that was shaped like the knife?"
Ichi utters, 'It seems like this is very skillful magic from phase shifters that work for temples in Westgate.'.
Ichi says 'But do you feel any thing? I could sense its coldness with my eyes, like a dying mans last sunset. Perhaps it is this cat mask that will reveal more to you, if you are to inspect it here.'
Ithrael turns back to Yasu, 'Perhaps he is on to something. I'd thought the key was in the mask, but perhaps it is in a combination of some word and mask'.
Ichi suggests to Ithrael 'It may be hidden in these mirrors as well. They are somewhat common use in profession to do so.'.

Yasu touches his amulet briefly as he looks down at the dagger and then the mask, handing the dagger to Ithrael 'Oh, well here. Perhaps you can make of it.'.
Yasu gives a black origami knife to Ithrael.
You tell Ithrael 'On one side of this invitation seems to be something that is displayed like a poem. The words look to be written by hand, and in a design so archaic that it makes it hard to decipher. It does, also, look like it could be written backwards in some way, but you can't determine it yet.'

Ichi takes the cat mask to thrust it towards Ithrael. 'Try this one instead.'.
Ichi gives a white cat mask to Ithrael.

Ithrael gives a black raven mask to Ichi.
Ithrael Hmmmms...
Ithrael holds the knife to the mirror, and examines it's reflection closely, turning it first one way, then another.
You tell Ithrael, OOC 'Some words get reflected and start to make sense.'

Ithrael peers through the cats mask to look at the reflection.
You tell Ithrael 'As you peer through the mask, something tells you that the masks should all be worn, and worn at all times.'

Ithrael says 'Ahhhh, some words are seeming to come through. We should indeed wear the masks, and keep them on, at all times'
Ichi puts on the mask, saying 'Of course if they were cursed you would be compelled to say so.'.
Ithrael reflects the disassembled chunks of text, and some words seem to make more sense now.
Ithrael chuckles gratingly as he turns to look at Yasu through the cats eyes, 'Oh, my not cursed is the one you must be aware of. Cursed Ithrae, he is far more enjoyable.'.

The crumpled black piece of paper would probably make more sense, folded again.

Yasu blushes faintly as he looks to ground, bashfully 'Does the dagger unlock the mirror?'.
Ithrael glances at the garbled words, as a though crosses his mind, and begins attempting to refold the paper into its original shape.

Ithrael refolds it successfully!

Yasu Hmmmms...

Ithrael first holds the dagger to the mirror, examining its reflection once again, then turns it slowly as he attempts to read the message.

The words on the invitation read with perfect clarity when reflected in the mirror.

________________________________________
| |
| JABBERWOCKY |
| 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves |
| Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: |
| All mimsy were the borogoves, |
| And the mome raths outgrabe. |
|________________________________________|

Ithrael blinks.
Ichi asks Ithrael 'Do you make sense of any thing?'.
Yasu Hmmmms...
Ithrael says 'And I quote, JABBERWOCKY'
Ithrael says '"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves'
Ithrael says 'Did gyre and gimble in the wabe'
Ithrael says 'All mimsy were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe'
Ithrael says 'It is a rather archaic mode of speech.'

At the command word, 'Jabberwocky', the mirror bulges inwards and a large rectangular doorway is peeled from the mirror! The space beyond the doorway is pitch black.

Yasu blinks.
Ithrael nods, 'And there we have our answer'.
Ithrael says to Ichi 'A doorway just opened at the mention of the first word of the poem'
Yasu grins at Ichi.

Ithrael says to Ichi 'Your world of Mirror Legend awaits'
Yasu seems to agree.
Yasu says to Ichi 'Well done massuer'
Ichi squints at the mirror. 'Mmm. It seems this is just the beginning however.'.
Ithrael grins broadly, whip thin lips parting to reveal far too many serrated-edged teeth.
Ichi approaches the open space with a careful poke of his walking stick first.
Ithrael presses closely behind Ichi, peering over his shoulder into the darkness beyond.
Ichi certainly is not afraid of the dark. Without springing any traps, he moves on ahead.

Ithrael follows closely behind Ichi , 'All in, I suppose'.
Will the rest of the party follow?
Ithrael enters the darkness, clearly unafraid.
Yasu enters hesitantly as he follows the tiefling warily into the darkness.

The doorway closes behind the party (it's just a curtain). It is pitch black.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.

A familiar crisp voice rings out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your second stopping point!'
'Send your second and final guess to the Dollmaker now. What do you think happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'

Ithrael tells you 'Captured by the queen of hearts and turned into pigs? She does need warm pig bellies for her feet.'
You tell Ithrael 'Received.'

Ichi tells you 'The agents of mask infiltrated the masquerade, poisoned the party, and this was their last stop before most likely a watery grave. Most likely as the servants themselves.'
You tell Ichi 'Received.'

Yasu tells you 'They were all put to a magical slumber by the food, and been trapped in this mirror room by the brother.'
You tell Yasu 'Received.'

'Alright, and that makes three! Over to you, Dasiana!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.

The lights slowly fade on on the set. The party stands in the dining hall, right at the entrance to the parlour. Everything looks as luxurious as before, just somehow... Darker. Creepier. More shadowy.

The winds in the room have an eerie feel to it.

Yasu shivers uncomfortably.

A pale, smoky mist wafts through the air, giving the whole place a dreamlike quality.

Sultry jazzy music floats into the dining hall from the parlour, along with the sound of a man speaking.

Someone nudges your party into the parlour. The place is filled with many masked people, dressed to the nines.

Yasu blinks.

Something about them seems off. They're speaking Common, they look like misshapen humanoids. Devil-like, even. Some of them turn around to look at the newcomers, but they eventually return their attention to the speaker, listening with interest.

...

Ichi tries to make much of the scenario, turning his head this way and that. 'Where are we, now?' He asks quietly aside.
Yasu blinks looking around from behind the mask, a smile dons his face. He looks to the speaker listening on carefully he whispers 'looks like the parlour area.'.

You catch a glimpse of a naked woman and a naked man on the ground, unconscious and spread-eagled. A beam of light and a netted shadow is cast upon them.
The speaker seems to be giving a lecture on them.
The speaker says 'Well, I guess that wraps it up. I hope that was educational for you.'
The speaker says 'If you're interested to learn more, our anatomy groups are every Sixthday evening.'
Ithrael raises an eyebrow.
Yasu blinks.

The speaker says 'Shall we all move to the dining hall?'
The speaker glances to the entrance to the dining hall and spies your party along the way.
The speaker says 'Did you miss the best parts? Ah, but you must not miss the dinner! Could you get Don Perignon from the kitchen and tell him the guests are waiting?'
The subjects for study are lifted and carted off to another room by some masked guests.

Ithrael says 'Oh indeed, our arrival was unfortunately delayed, I fear.'

The speaker says 'What a pity! What held you up?'

Yasu looks down at the woman, then the man, he blushes and looks on bashfully almost stunned 'Uh- Tea time.' he states looking up to the speaker 'We were finishing tea.'.
Ithrael waves a hand behind him, 'Misfortunate travel plans, of course. Ships tend to sink after pirates place massive holes in them, we have discovered'.
Ichi smiles for a brief moment to himself, just keeping his mouth shut as he listens to Ithrael and Yasu.
Ichi says 'I apologize, I came as fast as I could.'

The speaker says 'Well, no time to waste, go get Don Perignon!'
The speaker says 'Through the dining hall, straight to the kitchen!'

Ithrael nods to The Speaker as he walks out through the dining hall, then straight on to the kitchen.
Yasu quickly rushes through the mirror, and through the parlour on through to the kitchen.

You arrive in Don Perignon's kitchen.

Ichi ambles after Ithrael with a quizzical expression crossed on his brow.

A gangly hooded figure ushers Yasu of Waterdeep away from the mirror and along with the party.
The kitchen is in working in full swing. There are racks and racks of meat undoubtedly, demihuman meat. A torso there, a leg here, an arm there.

The cooks, too, are masked, and are cooking the demihuman guests that Don Perignon invited to the party and serving it to his real party guests devils!

Only one person is of note here.

Yasu blinks as he is ushered along with the party into the parlour, through into the kitchen.
Don Perignon (actually Dasiana, sharply dressed as a man, with a pencil moustache drawn over her upper lip) minds the food preparation here.
Ithrael smiles, inhaling the succulent aroma of cooking flesh, 'mmMMhhmm. Truly delightful!'.
Don Perignon looks up at you and your company, looking a bit surprised.

Dasiana asks 'Yes? Is it time for the feast?'

Ithrael turns to Dasiana, 'Sadly, Master Perignon, we were unavoidably delayed, but your repast smells absolutely delightful'.
Ichi says politely to Dasiana 'You are requested in the parlour.' He sniffs the air with suspicion.

Dasiana fake-twirls her fake moustache, 'I serve only the best, and the freshest!'.

Yasu blinks as he looks aghast 'Oh, my this is a bit-' he pauses grimacing 'Not overdone- I hope...' he tries to muster to keep the guise of a guest.

Dasiana looks to Ichi. 'The parlour, eh? Whatever for?'.

Ithrael nods in complete agreement with Dasiana , 'So it would seem, Goodsir, the rumors abound at the high quality of your dinners. I am pleased to see they were not overstated in the least.'.
Ichi says thoughtfully, 'Well, it seems the lesson has concluded' he informs Dasiana.

Dasiana nods her head a bit more, fingers misaiming the drawn-on moustache as she multitasks all her actions. 'Well, then we really shouldn't keep them waiting! Please, go and take a seat in the dining hall first.'.
Dasiana says 'I will open the feast in the dining hall shortly.'
Dasiana gestures to the dining hall, back through the doorway you just came from.
Yasu nods his head as he makes his way to the dining room.

Everyone is trickling into the dining hall and seating themselves at the long table, set for twenty one people. If you're lucky, you could take a seat before the others do.

Ichi squints his brow, nodding with a monosyllabic answer to Dasiana. He laughs to himself, taking his leave. He doesn't try to take any seats, only observing as he makes himself quite negligible.
Ithrael smiles, behind the mask, and saunters in to take a seat at the table, rubbing his hands in eager anticipation.
Ithrael manages to steal a seat from a particularly scrawny and young-teenager-sized masked devil. The devil looks quite confused.

The devil just... hovers about nearby, shifting its weight from foot to foot nervously.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Dasiana walks into the dining hall and takes her place at the head of the feast table.
Dasiana exclaims 'All you clever devils, welcome to my grand masquerade at Viversnare Manor!'
Dasiana looks from person to person, studying them and twitching her nose, her pencil moustache wiggling. 'I see all of you are dressed in your most impressive masks! I thank you.' Her gaze stops at the few people left standing curiously. 'What's wrong there?'.

...

Ithrael throws his voice, sounding like a deep, gravelly-voiced devil, seated several places away, 'party crashers'.
Yasu stands near the end of the table looking on carefully 'Wrong where?' he questions carefully then looks to Ithrael with confusion.
Ichi shakes his hands together around his walking stick. 'No need to stand on ceremony on my account' he says despite standing. 'Of course.'.

Dasiana furrows her brows. 'Party crashers?' She asks a random devil, who looks flabbergasted and innocent, throwing her hands up to her chest, mouthing the words 'w-what?'.

Dasiana mumbles to herself. 'I was very clear that no strangers were allowed...'.

Dasiana says 'Either way, we will get you some seats promptly. Tonight, we dine to commemorate the third year we are organising the annual devil's feast! This year, we are serving only the best, as you know.'

Dasiana exclaims 'Without further ado, let us all remove our masks and begin the feast!'

Yasu blinks.

A rotund fiend looks like he might be having makeup issues and is rubbing his eye a lot.

Ithrael pulls his mask away, revealing his face, caught in a diabolical grin, revealing far too many serrated teeth.
Yasu stops using a golden eagle mask.

A particularly small devil sits with his feet dangling a distance off the floor. He squeaks in a broken voice from his place next to Ithrael. 'I don't think theyre one of us!' He full-on gapes at Yasu of Waterdeep.

Yasu bites his lip nervously as he looks cautiously about, as though this might be real and his worst nightmare.

The crowd rustles.

Ichi listens to the more colorful denizens feasting, observing with some practiced patience or perhaps laziness on his part.

Dasiana gives a dramatic pause, the true identities of Yasu and Ithrael dawning on her, then suddenly flings her arms out wildly! 'SECURITY!' She looks at Ichi accusingly too. 'Et tu!?'.

Ithrael grins broadly, whip thin lips parting to reveal far too many serrated-edged teeth.

Quite suddenly, a powerful beam of light blasts from a corner overhead, along with a generous amount of large gold confetti pieces fluttering over you!

As it resides, projecting a netted pattern over your party! You are trapped!

Yasu blinks.
Ithrael mutters, 'And I didn't even get to sample the delectables'.

A little voice calls out from the shadows, stuttering a bit with an unpractised line. '..You're trapped!' he says, for the benefit of the blind one.

Yasu screams loudly!

Dasiana fake-twirls the end of her fake moustache sinisterly. 'Ha-ha!' she laughs. 'How will you ever escape now!? My, my, what a fine dinner you will make! Or.. Shall I make you an offer you cant refuse?'.

A nearby devil slams an over-bloodied human head on the dining table for effect.
The devils squeal with glee.

Ichi squints, saying 'Is that so? You seem awful proud of yourself' he says with a bristling tone to Dasiana.
Ithrael places a hand on the scabbard at his belt, 'Oh, I'd dearly enjoy hearing your offer, perhaps it will even be worthy?'.
Yasu looks to the human head, with disgust in his eyes as he looks to Dasiana 'M'lord Perignon what offer?'.
Ichi says bluntly to Dasiana 'I do know where you sleep.'.

Dasiana wrinkles her nose at Yasu and Ichi, giving Ichi a death stare, which probably only translates through her voice for Ichi. 'And I know where -you- sleep, One,' she retorts, but recomposes herself. 'But I'm Don Perignon now!'.

Dasiana looks slowly at Yasu. 'What offer? The offer to go free, if you want. But all I need from you, is the yes, or the no.'.

Yasu nods his head 'Yes, I would like to go free.'.

Dasiana asks 'So you deal then? It's a deal?'
Dasiana looks around at everyone else expectantly.

Ichi asks thoughtfully, 'What is it you want in return for this?'.
Ithrael glances at Yasu and Ichi for a long, considering moment, then at all the devils gathered at the table, with a heavy sigh, 'I cannot defeat so many, so Yes, I say.'.

Dasiana smiles at Ithrael, glancing at Ichi. 'Just a deal or no deal.'.
Dasiana holds out her hands, parting them. 'I am the great merchant Don Perignon, only good deals from me.'.

Ichi says rather amusedly to Ithrael 'Don't be too sure.' He laughs to himself. 'Of course, yes.'.

Dasiana claps her hands. 'Great! This is going to be a win-win, I just know it!' She fake-twirls her fake moustache again in an actor's tick.
Dasiana says 'I have a secret. It is very, very valuable, and the wielder of this secret can get anything they want.'

The onlooking cooks/devils rustle uncomfortably, whispers of incredulity making their rounds.

Dasiana says 'In exchange for your silence, Ill give each of you this secret.'

Ithrael chuckles gratingly, 'Oh, I am well acquainted with keeping Secrets'.

Dasiana glances at the net, motioning at it. 'I guess this can't stay on you forever, right?'.

Ichi suggests, 'I think you have some thing to tell me?'.

Dasiana says 'Only if you can beat me in this game, I'll give it to you.'

Levine steps into the parlour from the grand hall, intruding on the scene. A faint glint of amusement takes in her dark eyes. Her lips part to speak quiet words. 'You have chosen to make a deal with Don Perignon. Your success or failure will be determined by this game.'.

You drop a scrap of sailcloth.

Yasu blinks.

Levine holds the material out, spreading it wide and moving between Dasiana and the party. 'Best of three. Who will represent your party? Please put your hand under here for a game of stone, parchment, dagger. I will play on behalf of Don Perignon.'.

Ichi listens to the sound of cloth, unsure of the matter. 'Hmm. I would say you should go' he says to Ithrael. 'You are the one that exposed us after all.'.
Ichi says to Yasu 'However there is some degree of careleness.'
Ithrael snorts at Ichi , 'Twas not I, of course. I was so ready to enjoy a fine meal. You two seemed rather ...squeamish....to partake of'.
Ithrael grins broadly, whip thin lips parting to reveal far too many serrated-edged teeth.
Yasu raises an eyebrow at Ichi.
Ithrael chuckles gratingly, 'But if you wish it, it matters little to me.'.
Ichi gives a short laugh. 'I am sure success is in your hands.'.
Ithrael chuckles softly, voice deep and grating.
Ithrael asks Ichi 'It is that easy to see, hm?'

Levine tips her head to the side slightly, the faintest of smiles playing at the corners of her lips. 'Will the Nightseer represent your party?'.

Ithrael nods to you , 'I will, as they have not the stomach for taking their destiny in their own hands.'.
Yasu nods his head saying 'It is certain success will happen.' he nods before looking to Ithrael 'Beat the Lord.'.
Levine dips her chin gently, laying the sailcloth over Ithrael's hand and covering her own hand with it too. 'Very well.'.

AAAAND IT'S THE BATTLE OF THE AGES!

Your party will take signset1.

Contestants, set your signssss!

You set your hand-sign as parchment.

Yasu blinks.

Ithrael readies a hand-sign.
Ithrael nods.

Ithrael throws out the hand-sign for parchment!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Ithrael throws back his head and cackles with insane glee!

It's a draw!
Ithrael readies a hand-sign.

Levine pulls off the scrap of cloth and reveals the two plays! She resets it, putting the cloth over it.

You set your hand-sign as parchment.
Ithrael readies a hand-sign.

Aaaaand what'll it be??

Ithrael nods.

Ithrael throws out the hand-sign for parchment!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Ithrael chuckles softly, voice deep and grating.
Ithrael says 'How very delightful'

Levine presses her lips together gently as the hands are revealed, lifting her gaze to meet Ithrael's own. 'One of us must budge, Nightseer,' she returns quietly.

Ithrael winks.

The suspense! Do you feel the suspense??

Levine returns the cloth over the two hands, tilting her head slightly as she looks towards Yasu and Ichi. 'Two draws. Will either of you intercede?'.

Ithrael plays his hand beneath the scrap once more, a small grin playing about the corners of his mouth, 'How exciting...'.
Yasu bites his lower lip as he glances to Ichi 'They are playing a sign with different symbols.'.
Ichi lifts his eyebrow, saying to Yasu 'If this were truly a matter of life and death. Now would be the time to strike.'.
Ichi says to Yasu 'It seems this game is better done with eyes to change your sign at the last moment.'
Ichi asks 'Why don't you try your luck?'
Ithrael says to Ichi 'And second guess yourself? Of course not, that path always leads to defeat.'
Levine narrows her gaze at Ichi's last word, glancing there. 'Not in this establishment.'.

You set your hand-sign as parchment.

Yasu Hmmmms...
Ithrael glances at Yasu and Ichi , 'So? Care to take a chance? Or leave it in my hands?'.

Levine sniffs gently, readjusting the cloth over Ithrael and her own hand. 'Ready player one? Or, will player one be switched?'.

Ithrael raises an eyebrow.
Ithrael shrugs as he puts his hand beneath the sailcloth once again, 'So be it.'.
Ithrael readies a hand-sign.

Ichi gets a laugh out of something, saying 'I am sure you could speak otherwise' to Dasiana. 'Yes, it seems so.'.

Levine nods gently, her own sign staying as Ithrael prepares his sign. 'Very good. Parchment, stone, dagger!'.

Ithrael throws out the hand-sign for stone!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Yasu blinks as he looks to Ithrael then to you shaking his head.

Levine bites back a laugh of delight. 'You budged.'.

Ithrael twitches an eyebrow, a grating chuckle rumbling from deep in his chest, 'And you did not. Very well played.'.

That's one point to Don Perignon! Two more rounds to go!!!

Ithrael glances at Ichi and Yasu , 'Either of you care for a turn?'.

Will the party keep their representative? Or will they persist with their warrior???

Yasu gazes thoughtfully at Ichi and says 'Hmmm.'
Yasu asks Ithrael 'Care if I give it a go?'
Ichi suggests to Yasu 'Try it if you like. I don't think you can do worse.'.

Levine drapes the cloth over her hand, looking between Ichi and Yasu, settling on the latter.
Yasu grins at Ichi.
Ithrael grins broadly, whip thin lips parting to reveal far too many serrated-edged teeth.
Yasu puts a bottle of strawberry-flavoured mead in a travellers pack.
Yasu straps a golden eagle mask around his head.
You tell Yasu, OOC 'You don't feel any more lucky.'

Ithrael steps back and watches with interest.
Yasu straps his mask on as he looks to Ithrael 'I think I can beat him...' he takes the sign from Ithrael.
Levine emits a soft chuckle, despite herself, lifting the cloth and laying it over Yasu's hand as well. 'Don Perignon is a strong opponent. Whenever you are ready, Yasu of Waterdeep.'.

You set your hand-sign as parchment.
Yasu looks at Ithrael.

What will Yasu of Waterdeep do!?

Levine lifts her gaze from the cloth to watch Yasu silently. 'Your move, lovely one.'.

Ithrael holds his hand in a particular sign, speaking to Yasu , 'This is dagger' he changes his hand stretching it flat, 'This is parchment, ' then clenches it into a fist, 'Stone'.
Yasu looks to the square cloth, tapping his mask thoughtfully not removing his gaze as he settles his sign 'Thank you so much for you compliment.' he finishes his selection.

Yasu readies a hand-sign.
Yasu takes a deep breathe and nods his head with certainty 'We shall see.'.

Levine sniffs gently, a faint look of curiosity crossing her features as she glances down. 'What will it be? Stone, parchment, dagger!' She pulls the sailcloth away!

Yasu throws out the hand-sign for stone!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Yasu sighs loudly.
Ithrael winces.

Levine emits a soft snort. 'I fear you have lost to Don Perignon.'.
Levine looks up at the party, stepping backwards with the sailcloth and inclining her head politely before retreating to the shadows again with a faint glint of amusement taking in her eye.

Ichi says rather casually, 'That is quite amusing.'.
Dasiana offers a generous smile, stepping forward again.
Ithrael says 'How invigorating'
Yasu looks up to Dasiana 'You have bested us Lord Piergnon.'.

You get a scrap of sailcloth.

Dasiana says 'Look. We are a kind community here. We like to play games.'

Yasu nods his head in agreement with Ichi.

Dasiana jerks an eyebrow upwards. 'Specifically, we like to play with our food.' She says all this with a great foreboding.

Yasu winces.

Dasiana says 'Im going to let you go and count to three, and youre going to run as fast as you can out of here.'
Dasiana says 'And Im going to chase you. One...'

The portal in the mirror glows invitingly in the distance.

Ithrael begins to murmur a prayer under his breath, hands moving rapidly through the motions.

Yasu begins to sprint to the mirror.

Maybe you should all grab each other and run! Leave no man behind!!

Ithrael completes his prayer, and begins walking on air.

Dasiana says 'Two...'

Ithrael grabs Ichi and takes off after Yasu.

You are very, very surrounded. The portal continues to glow and really should be your only option!

Dasiana exclaims 'Three!'

Dasiana gives chase to your party but she looks distinctly lousy at it.

Ithrael flies through the portal with Yasu in one hand and Ichi in the other.

Your party reaches the exit and goes through it. The lights go off.

Ichi finds himself caught up in the run, decisively caught.

In the familiar darkness, you feel the air shift all around you.

Yasu grabs onto Ithrael as he lets out a scream 'This is quite an adventure!'.

One by one, the dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders come back on.

The purple curtains to the windows along the length of the tavern are pulled open one by one, allowing the light from the outside back in.

The sounds of the air from the outside filters in, restoring some degree of normalcy.

The Purple Haze is open again.

Dasiana stands behind the bar counter, finishing up the polishing of a glass. 'Welcome back to the Purple Haze. On behalf of the establishment, The Eels, and the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula herself, I extend to you our thanks for your time, and a little souvenir, as a gesture of our appreciation.' She waves at the four dolls of a familiar figure being laid out by some small masked and hooded figures on the counter.

Ithrael smiles, 'Well, I believe we can conclusively state what occured to the missing partiers'.

Ithrael grins broadly, whip thin lips parting to reveal far too many serrated-edged teeth.

You drop a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Ithrael gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Ichi finds himself somewhere else. He says curiously, 'What a strange evening. Well, that was quite the performance' he says to Dasiana and you.
Ichi turns in a martial stance with his arms straight by his sides and bows his shoulders.
Ithrael inclines his head politely to Dasiana and you , 'And my thanks, for the evening's entertainment. It was....exhilerating, to say the least.'.
Yasu seems to agree.

Dasiana puts down the polished glass and shifts the two sets of tweed trenchcoats and caps before her. 'Don't forget this!' She beckons for Ithrael to get it. 'And one for One, too.'.

Levine tilts her head slightly from Ichi's words. 'Quite strange, indeed.'.
Ithrael nods at Dasiana.
Ichi says 'Mm? Ah, heh heh. Yes, thank you.'
Ichi gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Ichi gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
You give a tweed deerstalker cap to Ichi.

Ichi filches around for the possessions on the ground.
Ithrael gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.

Yasu gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Ithrael gets a tweed deerstalker cap.

Dasiana says 'If you had beat Don Perignon, you would have received the secret he promised, but alas, we hope the puppets will suffice.'

Yasu picks up the hand puppet admiring it nodding to Dasiana 'Thank you, it kept me on my seat the whole time!'.

Ithrael nods to Dasiana , 'It will more than suffice'.

Yasu exclaims to you 'No need for enchanted dancing shoes, The Mystery kept me on my toes!'
You say to Yasu 'Ah, that could be a quote for the next round of publicity, certainly.'

Ichi insists, 'Some secrets are better left unknown. No one will torture you for them.'.

Levine stands up from her seat in the corner of the tavern (maybe she was there this entire time), rolling up her sheets of parchment and nodding at the party and Dasiana, approaching as she stashes her stationery away. 'And so, that was The Supposed Mystery of Viversnare Manor,' she concludes, lifting her brows gently. 'They say, when you enter Oparil's Tower, you can still smell the aroma of meat roasting, or hear the sultry jazz playing in the dead of the night.'.

Yasu Hmmmms...

Dasiana asks 'But, you know, all these are just rumours anyway so it might not even be true! Who will ever really know?'

Ithrael nods his head in agreement with you.

You say 'Of course, if you wished to visit Oparil's Tower, it stands just somewhat to the northeastern parts of this fine city.'
You say 'Before we part ways, however, there is but one thing left to wrap up. Earlier, you had two opportunities to guess the reason for the disappearance of everyone at the Masquerade.'

Ithrael says 'Now I'm craving roasted meat. I may go have a look for myself.'
Ichi says 'Heh heh. It seems obvious, now.'
Yasu Hmmmms...

You say 'In the first guess, the Nightseer had guessed that everyone was lured away, via a Pied Piper type of antagonist.'
Ithrael nods.
You say 'Yasu of Waterdeep was convinced that everyone was held by the brother.'

Yasu seems to agree.

You say 'And, the One here, felt the same.'
You say 'As you can see, none of these guesses were too close, though Ithrael may have skimmed the very surface of it.'
You say 'Yasu of Waterdeep had guessed that they were all put to a magical slumber by the food, and been trapped in the mirror room by the brother.'

Yasu giggles.
Yasu says 'I believe in sibling rivalries.'

You say 'And, finally, One had a colourful guess, as well. 'The agents of mask infiltrated the masquerade, poisoned the party, and this was their last stop before most likely a watery grave. Most likely as the servants themselves.''

Ithrael grins at Yasu , 'I do as well, why I killed all my siblings'.
Yasu blinks at Ithrael in disbelief.
Yasu drops his jaw as he murmers 'How horrible.'.
Ithrael says to Yasu 'You are correct. They put up a terrible struggle'

Levine looks between Ithrael and Yasu, moving her hands to a neat clasp before her, though she retains her brief silence on the matter. 'You travelled a long way, Yasu of Waterdeep.'.

Yasu nods his head in agreement with you.
Yasu bows before you.
Yasu places his palms together and bows at the waist 'My thanks Dollmaker, Truly.'.

You say 'Of all the guesses, it seemed that none came very close at all, though, perhaps you might like to decide among yourselves, who had the closest answer.'
say Or, we could bring out our handy dandy sailcloth, to determine a winner once more. A death-match, of dagger, parchment, stone, that, surely, even the masseuse, could participate in.
You say 'Or, we could bring out our handy dandy sailcloth, to determine a winner once more. A death-match, of dagger, parchment, stone, that, surely, even the masseuse, could participate in.'

Ichi says 'Of course, it was unclear to me then and remains so now. But that is alright.'
Ithrael chuckles softly, voice deep and grating.
Yasu says to you 'M'lord Ithrael got the closest I believe, with some Piper.'
Ithrael says 'Personally, I feel the blind man's second guess came somewhat closer to the mark, moreso than ....'
Ithrael says to Yasu 'Eh? hm...'
Yasu Hmmmms...
Yasu asks 'The Pig Bellies, perhaps?'

Levine dips her chin gently, shifting her attention to Yasu and Ithrael. 'Of course, One could be taught the game, easily enough, and the results announced more clearly than I had before.'.

Ithrael says to Yasu 'You'd just have to meet the Queen, to understand'
A faint squeaking alerts you to the presence of nearby rodents.
Ichi admits, 'I do not expect either of us are clearly right. Though I understand your willingness to reward competence. I believe in punishing ignorance.'.
Ichi says 'There is some truth to both our guesses.'
Yasu blinks at Ichi in disbelief.

Levine nods briefly, setting her box on a table and pulling out the sailcloth again. 'Well, then, may I have both the Nightseer and One to approach. We will battle it out with this same game.'.

Ithrael nods his head in agreement with Ichi.
Ithrael says 'Fair enough'
Yasu chuckles.

Yasu says 'This is going to be good.'

You drop a scrap of sailcloth.

Levine steps forward, laying the cloth over Ithrael's hand. She reaches out to touch her fingers to Ichi's arm. 'Come, One. You know the game?'.
Ichi shakes his head.
Ichi says 'You say to make a sign like one of the three things? And one bests the other.'
Ichi says 'It seems straightforward, enough, I suppose. So long as you will tell me if I won.'

Levine nods gently towards Ichi, guiding Ichi near with a gentle tug on Ichi's arm. She lays the cloth over a hand. 'Hold two fingers out to indicate a dagger, all fingers extended for parchment, and a fist for stone.'.

Ichi says 'Mmm. Very well then.'
Ichi readies a hand-sign.

You say to Ichi 'The Nightseer will prepare a sign, as well. Parchment trumps stone, stone trumps dagger, and dagger trumps parchment. It is circular.'

Ithrael readies a hand-sign.
Ithrael nods.

Levine adjusts the sailcloths, laying her hand over the centre. 'Ready? Parchment, stone, dagger!'.

Ichi seems to agree.
Ithrael throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Make sure the second player sets their chosen hand-sign.

You wince.
Ichi laughs.

You say, OOC, 'My bad!'

Ichi says 'Heh heh, I must have been slow that time.'
Ithrael snickers.

You say, OOC, 'One of you should've been signset2.'
You say, OOC, 'Ichi, take signset2?'

Ichi seems to agree.
Yasu grins.

Ithrael says, OOC, 'Is okies :)'

Ithrael nods.

Levine accidentally smacks Ichi's sign out of shape when she pulls the cloth away. She blinks, looking quite apologetic. '...My apologies.'.

Ichi says 'Hmmm. Very well...'

Levine hastily covers both the hands again, clearing her throat. 'Shall we try again? Ready, players.'.

Ithrael readies a hand-sign.
Ithrael nods.
Ichi readies a hand-sign.

You exclaim 'Stone, parchment, dagger!'

Ithrael throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Ichi throws up the hand-sign for stone!

You exclaim 'Winner, One!'

Ichi bows his head, saying 'There could be only One.'.
Yasu grins at Ichi.
Ithrael chuckles softly, voice deep and grating.

Levine retreats with the sailcloth, back to her box, extracting an exquisite work of art from it.

Ithrael says to Ichi 'Indeed.'
Ichi says to Ithrael 'I played the same games you did in that port. I suppose I should stab you now, hm? We will call it a prize not to.'
Yasu yawns.
Ithrael says to Ichi 'That would be ...unfortunate, to be sure.'
Ichi says to Ithrael 'I thought it would remind you of home getting stabbed by a Skulker, gambling.'
Ithrael snickers.
Ichi says 'It seems to have fallen out of practice on the surface.'
Ithrael says to Ichi 'Skulkers know better, it seems'
Levine approaches Ichi with the dollhouse. 'Your prize - perhaps, since you could not see the Manor, you could feel it, anytime you wished.'.
Ithrael buffs his talons on his cloak, 'Well, they do now, at any rate'.

You give a model dollhouse of Viversnare Manor to Ichi.
Ichi says amicably to Ithrael 'I have heard some even won the wheel.' He seems very surprised at winning his own miniature home, figuring out what exactly he has.

Ichi insists, 'Thank you, thank you.'.

A young artist, wearing a beret and all, jogs in and stares at One, making quick sketches before running off.

Ithrael inclines his head to Dasiana you Ichi and Yasu , 'I fear I must be off, but it has been an extremely memorable adventure. I look forward...' he watches the young artist for a long moment, then resumes speaking, 'Look forward to meeting each of you again.'.

Levine nods towards the dollhouse, motioning (needlessly) to the roof of it. 'The roof opens, and it works as a box.'.
Levine inclines her head gently. 'Thank you for staying this long.'.

Yasu smiles.
Yasu bows before you.

Ithrael bows deeply.
Ithrael opens the purple door.
Ithrael walks west.
The purple door closes.

FIN


End Part 2 of 2.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:35 am

Run #4: Myn, Raelikh, Varaqin

Part 1 of 2:

The Purple Haze Tavern
E-A courtyard W-Purple door U-Door D-Hatch
This large circular room sits at the base of the large tower. This, the largest
floor, sits at about eighty feet in diameter. From the tables scattered around
the room, the ample bar that traces the gentle curve of the southern wall, and
the fragrant smells of cooked food, it is easy to discern that this area is the
main dining room of 'The Haze'. Windows dot around the outside of the tower and
are set with purple curtains. Also providing light into this tavern are wrought
iron holders containing dancing globes of faerie fire. Starting at the northern
most part of the dining room, and curving in above the tables is a stylish metal
stairway that ends at an ornate hatch, with runes carved into it. The doors to
the west obviously lead back out into Zhentil Keep, from the bustling noise.
And finally, there also is a door to the east which leads into a grand courtyard.
A wooden table is here. (perfect)
A huge, circular table of black wood is here. (very good)
Dasiana the fire-haired serving wench is here.
Raelikh is seated comfortably at a table, head rested back in laced fingers.
Myn is seated comfortably at a table.
Varaqin is standing here.

You close the purple door.

Myn smiles at you.
Raelikh squints at Varaqin and replies, cracking a bit of a grin split by old scarring as he does, 'So do ya. I'll take it, though. Name's Raelikh.' He looks toward Myn, 'Admittin' I've never been. Ain't much of a regular uh, in this neck'f the woods, bein'...' he lowers his voice, 'Dalesman.'.
Raelikh greets you.
Raelikh winks at Myn.
Raelikh looks at you.

Myn whispers across the table to Raelikh 'Me too, technically. I won't hold it against you.'.
Levine clears her throat a little, sniffing gently as she shuts the door behind her, dipping her chin gently to the three. 'Ah, what a pleasure to see the familiar faces,' she expresses quietly, regarding each person in turn. 'Greetings. We may be waiting for one more attendee, yet. His sky-connectors seem to be giving him some issues.'.

Myn looks at you with a cute smile.
Raelikh says to you 'Those damnable sky-connectors eh.'
Raelikh chuckles at Myn.

Myn drinks wine from a tall thin glass flute.

Varaqin turns from his interaction with Raelikh as you approaches, and bends politely. 'And greetings to you, Madame. My thanks for the acceptance of my participation.'.
Levine adjusts the large box she cradles in her arm to rest it upon a hip, approaching the three. 'Pardon my tardiness.' Her dark gaze flicks towards Raelikh, arching a brow slowly. 'Curious to see your attendance from so far away,' she comments. 'I had thought those who resided often in the Deep would be more than likely disinclined to attend.'.
Myn smiles and says a quiet 'cowards' before sipping some more wine.
Raelikh leans forward in his seat, elbows resting on the table. 'Aye, most are. Got too feckin' interested t'see though.'.
Raelikh grins at Myn.
Myn looks at Raelikh with a cute smile.
Raelikh says to Myn 'Most'f'em, aye, aye.'
Myn says with a grin 'Their loss, really.'
Raelikh seems to agree.
Levine emits a soft snort, arching a brow to Raelikh. 'What are their concerns, if I may be so bold?'.
Varaqin returns his attention to Raelikh, and bends his head politely, finally returning the introduction, 'I am Varaqin Vadim, Warrior. Well met to you.'.
Raelikh says to you 'I mean... Ya know..'
Raelikh glances around him, as if that's all answer enough.

Raelikh offers to you, rasping, 'Lots of bad mojo about the keep'n all. Looks bad'f people over there're comin' over here.' He shrugs his broad pauldrons, then returns to Varaqin, 'Well met, aye.'.
Myn tsks 'The Keep is perfectly safe, I don't see what the big deal is.'.
Raelikh looks at Varaqin.
Raelikh says to Varaqin 'Lookin'... sorta a little like a warrior yourself, eh? Might be we'll find chance to acquaint our steel some time.'

Dasiana walks by the little party with a smile. 'Still not ready?' she teases, making her way to a table and conversing with a particularly thickly-blanketed customer with a dietary restriction.

Myn grins at Dasiana.
Levine tilts her head gently, a faint look of amusement crossing her sharp features as her lips curve. 'A shame for them, then.'.

Dasiana weaves her way through the tables, smiling at Varaqin, Raelikh and Myn. 'You ready then? I'll be right with you!' she calls out, giving an extra wink to Levine. 'Just let me...' She starts rounding up the last of the tavern's patrons to usher them out to end her shift.
Varaqin helps Dasiana with rounding up the patrons, shoving the guy next to him off the bar stool.

Levine sets her box on the table.
You get a key printed with a small rune from a soft nubuck satchel decorated with caput mortuum cabachons.
You unlock a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock with a key printed with a small rune.
You open a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Dasiana asks 'Could I have two volunteers to nail the signs down outside each entrance, please?'

Raelikh tugs off his helm and gauntlets, tucking the latter into his swordbelt and the former away into his bag.
Raelikh stops using a steel open-faced helm.
Raelikh stops using a fingerless pair of long gloves.

You get a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You drop a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You get a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
Levine almost shoves the box off the table but makes a cool save.

You drop a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
(x2)
You drop a sturdy iron nail.
(x2)

Raelikh stops using silver-adorned deep purple gauntlets set with aquamarines.

Myn gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
Myn gets a sturdy iron nail.
Raelikh says 'Aye, aye.'
Raelikh gets a crude wooden sign reading: The Purple Haze Tavern is closed for THE MYSTERY.
Myn smiles at Raelikh.
Raelikh asks '...No giant statues gonna try'n kill me aye?'
Raelikh chortles with glee.
Myn says 'I'll get the back.'

You stare at Raelikh.
Myn says sarcastically 'If course not!'
You say to Raelikh 'Probably.. not.'
Raelikh gets a sturdy iron nail.
Raelikh smirks at Myn.
Raelikh opens the purple door.

Myn opens the purple door.
Myn walks east.

Raelikh chortles with glee.
Raelikh jogs west.

Dasiana wipes down the bar counter with a practised speed, like she's been doing this for years. Maybe even centuries.

Myn walks in from the east.
Myn closes the purple door.

Myn says '...I really should get locks...'

Raelikh jogs in from the west.
Raelikh closes the purple door.

Myn shrugs and returns to her seat.
Raelikh nods.
Raelikh likewise reseats himself, harness's steel plates rasping with the motion.

The last patrons of the night leave grudgingly, if not drunkenly, for the streets.
The man Varaqin shoved off the stool bumped his head, but seems generally alright,
despite somehow favouring left turns a bit more.
Myn grins at Varaqin.
Another grubby man bumps his head, too, on the doorframe and expels a bitter curse
on his attempt to make his way out through the western door, finding no opening.

Raelikh snickers.
Raelikh says 'Gods help me I love drunk people.'

Dasiana rolls her eyes and shares a conspiratorial look with a pursed smile with you all. 'Could someone help him out-' Her finger points west. '-more, push him out, please?'.

Myn says with a grin 'Indeed.'

Raelikh stretches luxuriously. Makes you want to, doesn't it?
Raelikh gets up again and tells the man, 'Outcha go, lad,' and manhandles him outside."
Raelikh nods.
[This is an echo.] Raelikh manhandles the man out of The Haze.
Thud! The western door closes.
The eastern door is already closed, so there is no sound from there!

Myn says to Raelikh 'Far more civil that I would have done, had I needed to again get up.'
Myn drinks wine from a tall thin glass flute.
Raelikh looks at Myn and says 'tsk tsk tsk'.
Myn looks about innocently.
Myn flashes her dimples. Myn thinks she is as cute as Sune.
Dasiana walks over to each door and latches them for good measure.

A faint squeaking alerts you to the presence of nearby rodents.

Dasiana gestures to a clear space somewhere before the long bar counter, striding towards it herself while she talks. 'Would you all mind standing somewhere around there, please? Seems like you got your introductions done, so you'll be comfortable with close contact!'.
Raelikh murmurs to Myn, 'Can’t hurt this one, eh?' as he makes for the counter.
Myn grins, 'I spoke to soon about being happy in my seat.' She nods to Dasiana before moving to stand beside Raelikh.

Levine finally moves, herself, having been particularly inert since she set the signs down for Dasiana. 'Here are some gifts, courtesy of the establishment,' she begins, pulling some clothes from her box and setting it on a table near the counter. 'These were the traditional garments adorned by the Great Sage Sherlock Holmes.'.

You drop a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
You drop a tweed deerstalker cap.

Myn says with a grin 'Stylish..'

Raelikh unconsciously settles into a proper parade rest before the counter.
The chair wobbles under Raelikh.
Raelikh looks over the ware and cracks a bit of a grin, 'I like it, aye.'.

Levine quirks a brow as she adjusts the garb, making sure the bottom sides are perfectly parallel to the edge of the counter before everyone gets them. 'Perhaps they may assist your investigations of The Mystery.'.

Raelikh fits a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on his body.
Raelikh dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon his head.
Raelikh strikes a thoughtful, investigative pose.

The host just googled parade rest and decides that the floor seemed a bit slippery under Raelikh instead of the chair wobbling under him.
Raelikh seems to agree.
Raelikh pats Dasiana on her back.
Raelikh grins.
Myn grins.

You say, OOC, 'Before we begin, just a quick OOC briefing.'
You say, OOC, 'Firstly, thank you for making the time to come for this little RPG in an RPG.'
You say, OOC, 'Fair warning, this is going to be very text-heavy, though if you tried to back out now I'd probably hurt inside.'

Myn's grins wickedly.
You say, OOC, 'This RPG is mostly RP-based how interesting it would be depends on how you RP. There is a storyline, though, so it's not like you can go "..and then I go and find Big Red." Spoiler alert, Big Red isn't in this story.'
Varaqin says, OOC, 'Cinnamon...'
You say, OOC, 'You guys are experiencing the final run of The Mystery, and I thank you so much for your interest, and taking time out for this!'
Raelikh's first plan of attack is shot down, alas.

Thwarted!

Varaqin picks the garments up, an appreciative look in his eye. Grabbing a hold of his enormous mushroom-hat, he switches into the more modest deerstalker. 'The Great Sage Sherlock Holmes,' he murmurs. 'Of Baskerdwelling.'.
Myn comforts Raelikh.
Raelikh looks at Raelikh.
Raelikh says, OOC, 'Thanks a -lot- for holding it :D'
You say, OOC, 'Since you guys are the last group, feel free to spoil everything, talk about it if you want. I am currently logging everything, and will post the four logs (four runs so far) on the forums.'

You say, OOC, 'If there is anything you don't want on the log, do let me know in advance. I intend to make quick work of posting the logs after this run, so, just let me know immediately, during, or whatever.'
Raelikh seems to agree.
Myn nods at you.

You say, OOC, 'As a sidenote, I actually have the concepts for the next three ready to be written, so if this one takes off more, I will write more. Right now, response has been consistently sparse, but I haven't quite figured out if there is a consistent, dominant reason why. If you have any ideas, or heard anything, I'd be happy to hear.'
You say, OOC, 'If, however, there are no more runs, congratulations, and I'll see you at the next Party of the Tenday, fingers crossed.'
You say, OOC, 'Finally, The Mystery of Viversnare Manor was brainstormed and written by myself and Kaizera.'
You say, OOC, 'Who's Kaizera? She doesn't really play anymore, but we get together and talk sometimes, and she's great at helping me put my thoughts together into something usable here.'
You say, OOC, 'That's all! Any questions?'

Raelikh shakes his head.
Myn says, OOC, 'That all makes sense to me!'

Raelikh asks 'Does this coat come with a nice Holmsy pipe?'
Raelikh coughs loudly.
You say to Raelikh 'Additional cost.'
Raelikh grins at you.
Varaqin gets a hookah of patterned porcelain from a spidersilk haversack.
Varaqin puts a hookah of patterned porcelain in a spidersilk haversack.

Varaqin says, OOC, 'Yep, all clear.'

Dasiana arrives at the bar and spins round. 'Well then! Where do I begin?'.
The question is rhetorical.

The purple curtains to the windows shut along the length of the tavern one by one, shutting out the light from the outside.
The dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders go out.
The entire tavern is cast in complete darkness.

Raelikh peers intently about the area.

For the first time in decades, at least, the doors officially close on The Purple Haze Tavern.
First time for The Mystery (to clarify). Because there have been three other runs.

Myn rests the folded coat over her arm as she looks at each window shutting. 'Ooohh...'.

Varaqin dons a tweed deerstalker cap upon his head.
Myn wears a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape on her arms.

The wind shifts around you despite the closed windows and doors.
Several youthful voices whisper in unison from around the room.

'From the organisers of The Party of the Tenday'

'The Purple Haze Tavern'

'And the Eels of Zhentil Keep'

'The Raventhirst Case Files Presents'
'The Mystery of Viversnare Manor'


A lamp near the ceiling in front of you is lit, revealing Dasiana seated on a tall stool, leaning back against the bar casually.

Levine steps forward into the spotlight from the side, inclining her head politely. She holds in her arms now what seems to be some sheafs of parchment and a quill.
You say 'Thank you all for being in attendance to witness Dasiana's dramatic retelling of a Raventhirst Case File: The Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'
Dasiana offers a pleasant smile to the audience.

Raelikh squints a little bit against the light before his miscolored eyes refocus on Dasiana.
Myn smiles at Dasiana.

You say 'To give some background, the Raventhirst Case Files are a collection of old cases that have been closed for various reasons, in Zhentil Keep's crime archives.'

You say 'Through my conversations with Dasiana, I learnt of this one mystery from quite some time back concerning Viversnare Manor that had rather drawn my interest. Although the case has been closed, Dasiana heard many things over time that she took the creative liberty to piece together.'

Varaqin leans back comfortably in his chair, watching and listening with a delighted and intrigued expression.

Levine tilts her head slightly, her words escaping all businesslike from her thin lips. 'The result, was so fascinating a theory to myself, that I had made some..' she looks to Myn, inclining her head gently. '-arrangements to see it played out.'.
Myn smiles towards you at the look, 'Indeed.'.

Levine turns to regard Dasiana with an arch of her brow. 'Without further ado, then?' She steps out of the spotlight and sets up office briskly in a corner table and posing her quill upon parchment, ready to take notes.

The glow of the spotlight on Dasiana intensifies briefly, drawing your attention.
As she talks, you find yourself gripped by the tale. The waitress is, without a doubt, a master storyteller.

Dasiana says 'A long time ago, before Oparil's Tower was known as such, the building was owned by the rich, powerful, and fearsome merchant... Don Perignon.'

You notice a shadow of a man pop up on the wall behind Dasiana, illustrating her tale.

Dasiana says 'Not only was he a merchant, he was also in the elite ranks of the Zhentarim, and as a merchant, had a solid reputation for being as reliable as a merchant could be, as long as the price was right.'

Varaqin's jady eye glimmers in the sudden light, and seems to grow more dim in response.

Dasiana says 'Allies loved him. Enemies hated him.'

The silhouettes of crowns and coins rise up beside the figure, along with mobs cheering and booing Don Perignon.

Dasiana says 'Whatever the story, though, Don Perignon was famous. He was known for throwing wild parties with wild themes.'

You see wild parties and wild themes in the shadow puppet show.

Varaqin thinks these themes are quite wild.

Dasiana lowers her voice in a sinister manner. 'But not anymore.'.
The shadow puppets all disappear.
Dasiana asks 'Would anyone like to make a guess why that is?'

Myn says to Dasiana 'Murder, surely.'
Varaqin lifts a finger, suggesting, 'He perished.'.
Raelikh leans forward a fraction with interest.
Raelikh seems to agree.

Dasiana smiles at Myn generously. 'A very good guess, Lady Myn,' she says patronisingly, but looks over to Varaqin. 'Bland answers! Come on, gentlemen, you can do better than that!'.

Dasiana says 'Well, whatever it is, Don Perignon was last seen at his own party, which was a masquerade.'
Dasiana says 'Twenty one guests from various important backgrounds were in attendance. Twenty guests disappeared at that masquerade. Vanished without a trace.'
Dasiana says 'So one night, exactly one year from the masquerade, I met Mister Number Twenty-one right here in The Haze while on duty.'

The spotlight goes off. You are consumed by the darkness.
Raelikh raises an eyebrow.

A crisp voice of a young boy sounds out from the darkness. 'You are about to embark on a dramatic interactive journey to investigate and discover the Mystery of Viversnare Manor.'

'There will be TWO stopping points where each of you will make a private guess on what happened to everyone at the masquerade.'

'Just contact the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula over there in the corner, well it's dark now, but just contact her via amulet with your guesses during these stopping points.'

'So make sure to keep your brains active, and keep your guesses to yourself! We will review all the guesses at the end of the story, and the first person to guess it right will win a little extra memento from the Lady!'

'And now, without further ado..."

A spotlight comes on behind you upon a small squarish table. Dasiana wears a fancy noble's man-robes.
A sign on the table reads 'Mister Number Twenty-one'

Dasiana looks pretty down in the dumps, brooding over her empty tankard at the table. It is quite the eyesore.

...
OOC: When you see three dots in succession, it means it is your turn to move!
OOC: You can do whatever you like, whenever you like, regardless.

Varaqin furrows his brow in concern, and queries Dasiana, 'The deeper one looks into the bottle, the deeper the bottle looks into you.'.

Raelikh makes to stand near Dasiana, looking her up and down a moment before he calls for a drink from the bar, 'Long day eh?' he offers knowingly to Dasiana.

Varaqin adds after a pause, glancing at Raelikh with a nod of acknowledgment, 'What ravages your spirit, stranger?'.

Myn simply takes a moment to watch the troubled form of Dasiana before sipping from her glass. 'Clearly he is blessed by the Maid over something he's done. What's your name?'.

Varaqin says, OOC, 'could you give me 30 seconds to log in and out of my system to fix my mouse?'
You say, OOC, 'yurr.'
Varaqin has lost his link.

You say, OOC, 'That's not thirty seconds.'
Raelikh slaps Varaqin.
You pinch Varaqin.
Raelikh wedgies Varaqin.
You blink at him in disbelief.
You ask Raelikh 'Where can I train that skill?'
Raelikh clears his throat loudly.
You say to Myn 'He's a grandmaster.'
You say to Myn 'I can -see- it.'
Raelikh says to you 'Super secret. I'm hoggin' it all to m'self'
Myn looks at you with a wicked grin.
You say to Raelikh 'Life is unfair.'
Raelikh grins.
Varaqin has reconnected.

You THWAP Varaqin for being a moron.
Varaqin says, OOC, 'Sorry! Thank you.'
Varaqin says, OOC, ':B'

Some rustling sounds and anxious whispers trickle out from the shadow at Dasiana's uncertainty.
Raelikh raises an eyebrow at Dasiana.

Dasiana continues, looking back to Raelikh and Varaqin, eyes darting a bit. 'Uh.. You don't need my name. Yup.' She resumes looking very sad. 'I'm just a little down, is all. Came back to pay respects to my brother. And his niche. An empty niche, you ever heard of that!?'.
Dasiana says 'Don't even have a body. Sometimes I think maybe, he's still alive, somewhere out there.'

Myn gives Dasiana a suspicious sort of narrow-eyed look, mhmming at Dasiana.
Varaqin's glassy eye scans the shadow, seeming to grow clear and bright as it does so. 'An empty niche is the place of business of those who work in the dark, stranger.'.

Dasiana looks back down into her empty tankard contemplatively, seeming to lose herself in the abyss within for a while. She fakes a hiccup, making it a bit too loud. 'Well, what do you want me to say, stranger?' She returns the last word with a bit of salt.

Varaqin returns his attention to Dasiana, after glancing between Raelikh and Myn. 'What is your brother's business?'.
Raelikh sips at his mug, regarding Dasiana with scarred features curious and only listening on for the moment.

Dasiana says 'Well, my brother and I were on a visit - we didn't really have any business. Attending Don Perignon's parties is just a way of networking.'
Dasiana says 'So we went to that one Masquerade, right? You heard about it.'
Dasiana looks up from the tankard. '..did you? You did.'.

Raelikh nods his head in agreement with Dasiana.
Raelikh blinks.
Myn nods to Dasiana as well 'Who hasn't..'.
Raelikh says to Dasiana 'Oi! The.. one? With the...'
Raelikh squints at Dasiana.
Dasiana nods at Raelikh slowly. 'That one, yes.'.
Raelikh glances between Myn and Varaqin a moment, grumbling under his breath, 'Heard no one.. came outta that one...' He sips again at his mug after giving a thoughtful grunt.

Varaqin gives Dasiana a disarming little smile, and bends his head with a tip of his deerstalker. 'Let me be no stranger to you. I am Sherlock Holmes.'.

Dasiana glances at the sign significantly, looking at Varaqin. 'The Great Sage?'.
Dasiana stares at Varaqin suspiciously. 'Awful young..' she comments, glancing at Myn for some OOC confirmation of Varaqin's identity. She composes herself again. 'Well, I did. I was there with my brother, but I left early, because the food didn't sit well with me.'.

Dasiana says 'They had the pre-feast appetisers, the usual. My gastric problems had me leaving before the feast.'

You hear the soft scratching sounds of parchment on paper from the corner where Levine was last seen sitting.

Dasiana seems to have come to the end of her statements, just looking at the party.

Myn follows Dasiana's glance at Varaqin saying 'Thank the Maid for your issue, for obvious reasons.. You would do well to speak what you may know of the event, as we are in the presence of the... great sage... here doing some work for me personally.'.

Varaqin eases the hat back on his head. 'What was the issue? It seems that Don Perignon and his kitchen would be capable to supply fine dining for a party of this meager magnitude.'.

Raelikh tilts his head with a low chuckle despite Dasiana's grim mood, 'Lucky lad, eh?' He pauses a moment, the mirth quickly fading, 'Hells. So you lost your brother at that party. What d'ya reckon? Don't guess ya saw anythin' uh... funny there.'.
Dasiana says 'Nothing -funny- about my brother disappearing. I went home, and he never came home.'
Raelikh frowns.

Myn nods at Varaqin, asking Dasiana 'Did you typically have these issues when it came to proper fancy food? Or was this a first time.'.

Dasiana nods a few times, an eagerness to share information re-emerging from the depths of her character's repressed soul. 'Well, it was just a bit odd, is all. I assume it was some turkey stuffing, sort of food. New style, very fashionable. Everything looks nice and diced. Very flavourful.'.
Dasiana says 'But that's beside the point.'
Dasiana says 'By the time it was noon, it seems he really was missing. And after asking around, we realised that the other attendees were missing as well.'

Dasiana says 'So, the detectives of the Zhentilar Bureau of Investigations were contacted.'
Dasiana says 'The detectives did a preliminary walkthrough of the Manor, but nothing seemed to be out of place. Everything was just neat and tidy, and there was no sign of violence or any break-ins.'

Raelikh hrms.

Dasiana stands up quite suddenly now, leaving her tankard on the table and deliberately swaying on her feet. 'Anyway, there is simply no use dwelling on the past. I should sleep the intoxication off. Goodbye.'.

Varaqin lifts a slender eyebrow. 'Who all were the clientel at this party, and whom were they Masquerading off?'.
Dasiana says 'Byeeeee'

Myn grins.

Dasiana stumbles out of the spotlight with a throaty gurgle and hiccup for good measure.

Raelikh shakes his head slowly after the man, mumbling a genuine, 'Poor guy.' under his breath.

Dasiana returns into the light, continuing her story as herself.
Dasiana says 'After this encounter, I collected so many details about the party. Bits here and pieces there.'

Raelikh nods at Dasiana.

Dasiana says 'And, the clientele were just other nobles and such. Just insignificantly significant people.'
Myn shrugs at Raelikh 'He likely deserved it..'.

Dasiana says 'It all begins with a party invitation...'

The lights go down. It is dark again.

You hear some shuffling sounds behind you, a harsh, hushed whisper, a grunt, and a curse.

You feel something flutter in the darkness and fall delicately on your feet.

You drop a fragile sheet of white parchment.
(x3)

Varaqin gets a fragile sheet of white parchment.

A very dim light illuminates the place, and you see four fragile pieces of white parchment folded into an origami heart.

> exam parchment
It can be picked up, held.
It cannot be worn with any other armour.
It is medium in size and would fit any body type.
It is made of paper and weighs next to nothing.
Greetings, (the name looks garbled here)!

The great merchant Don Perignon requests the honour of your
presence for a Masquerade, and to feast in style at the famed
Viversnare Manor.

Bring your best mask, your best suit, this invitation, and
please, an empty stomach, for we have much to fill your bellies
with!

At your earliest convenience,
REPONDEZ, S'IL VOUS PLAIT


OOC: Do NOT give items to NPCs. Just emote it and drop them on the floor if need be.

Raelikh starts to retort to Myn but pauses and glances about through the black.
Myn instinctively turns around to see what is there, going for the parchment once it can be seen.

Myn gets a fragile sheet of white parchment.
Raelikh gets a fragile sheet of white parchment.

Behind your party, a row of standing torches have been set up, around what looks like a reception desk with bright cheery ornaments dangling off it.
Dasiana sits at this desk looking somehow bored, and miserable through her mask, and very much like she is at a funeral. She rests her chin in her hand, perpetually on the verge of rolling her eyes.

Varaqin glances back behind his chair for the source of the commotion, his eye lighting up, and an amused expression sneaking on his face, before he turns back.

Dasiana notices the party, finally succumbing to eye-rolling. 'WelcometotheMasqueradeatViversnareManor. Businessorpleasure?' she drawls without taking a breath, like she's said this a million times before.

A tiny gasp sounds from the shadows from Varaqin's glance and a little kid shadow dips deeper into darkness

Dasiana pokes her finger idly at a pile of white origami hearts in a basket. She swirls her finger around the pile and stirs up some black origami paper folded into knives from beneath it.

A black origami knife flutters onto the ground.
You drop a black origami knife.

Myn glances at the others before giving a firm knock on the desk as she speaks to Dasiana 'I am here for the party, obviously. And you should address us in a more fitting manner.'.
Raelikh cracks a bit of a grin at Dasiana's acting skills, then he replies only, 'Pleasure, aye.' as he lofts the invitation to show Dasiana.
Raelikh smirks at Myn.
Raelikh asks Dasiana 'Aye, aye, look alive eh?'
Varaqin lifts a gloved hand and demonstratively adjusts his half-mask. 'We have come for mirth and merriment,' he states.
Myn nods firmly at Varaqin, her own face obscured under a painted on mask of thorns and vines.

Dasiana widens her eyes at Myn's knock, as though instinctively, sitting up a bit straighter. She resolutely squints her eyes in defiance, though. 'Yay....' she says unenthusiastically. 'Big party. Big bad adventurers coming to play.'.

Myn smiles sweetly at Dasiana 'The Biggest and Baddest.'.
Varaqin glances at Myn's and Dasiana's interaction with a glimmer of amusement on his features, then bends to pick up the stray slip of paper.

Varaqin gets a black origami knife.
You tell Varaqin, OOC 'On one side of this invitation seems to be something that is displayed like a poem. The words look to be written by hand, and in a design so archaic that it makes it hard to decipher. It does, also, look like it could be written backwards in some way, but you can't determine it yet.'

Dasiana makes a sound that sounds like an extended 'ughhh' as she notices the paper thing on the ground, choosing to ignore it in favour of replying to Varaqin. 'Is that so?’ She snatches the invitation from Raelikh’s hand.
Dasiana scribbles unintelligible administrative things on her parchment. 'You all are so badly dressed for the occasion.'.

Myn exclaims to Dasiana 'Mind your tongue!'

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Dasiana looks up without even lifting her chin. 'Yeah, whatever.' She stops writing and dumps the origami invitation into the basket. She misses and Raelikh's invitation fall to the ground, for him to recollect again.

Raelikh wordlessly lets it free from his grip, eyeing Dasiana coolly as he does, 'Oi, lookin' better than yourself, reckon.' he says, mimicking the straightening of a jacket.

Dasiana stares stonily at you. 'What? Do I have to bring your walking stick?'.
Dasiana points behind the party. 'Go!'.

Myn snorts, muttering something of 'flensing' as she passes Dasiana.

Some small figures wearing black hooded cloaks emerge from the darkness to snuff out the lights on the standing torches. The place goes dark.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.

The same crisp voice of a young boy from before sounds out from the darkness. 'You might think that there haven't been any clues, but there were really quite a fair bit!'

'Send your first guess to the Dollmaker now. What happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'

Raelikh peers about again in the dark, apparently genuinely not super comfortable without the light, nodding as the globes appear. He pauses, hrming to himself with knitted brows...

Varaqin bends his head to Dasiana and offers a polite smile, echoing Myn's statement somewhat louder, but indistinct enought to be mistaken for something else, 'Good flensing to you.'.
Myn grins at Varaqin.

Myn tells you 'Don clearly angered his employees, who poisoned and then took Don and his properly aristocratic guests elsewhere to dispose of them.'
You tell Myn 'Received.'

Raelikh Hmmmms...

Myn Hmmmms...

Raelikh leans against the bar counter a moment, considering real hard.

Levine watches Raelikh darkly from her dark corner.

Myn gets a bottle of frost wine from a black and red silk purse.

You hear the soft scratching sounds of parchment on paper.

Myn fills a tall thin glass flute from a bottle of frost wine.
Myn drinks wine from a tall thin glass flute.

Varaqin tells you 'It appears that those who came for pleasure was the business of those who came for business, and that business was dark daggers and eldritch ritual.'
You tell Varaqin 'Received.'

Myn looks at Varaqin with a cute smile.

Raelikh tells you 'Don invited everyone there ta have some'f his Zhentarim buddies kidnap all his secret enemies. Prolly still down'n the dungeons eh.'
You tell Raelikh 'Received.'
Raelikh Hmmmms...

'Alright, let's get right back to it!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.

In the darkness, you sense a flurry of movement all around you. A little gasp pierces the determined silence, and you hear the sounds of wood and other things being shifted about around you.

Raelikh shakes his head at himself, telling himself, 'Nah, ain't it. Said there were..' and then trails off, grumbling thoughtfully.
Raelikh peers intently about the area.

When the lights come back on, you and your party see that The Haze has been completely restyled and its former clutter gone, albeit in a very minimalistic way.

Welcome to Viversnare Manor.

You are in a grand ballroom. A giant gold-leafed mask hangs from the ceiling, and the walls are decorated with many other masks displayed in frames.
No one else is around. Some happy music for dancing to seems to be playing from some rooms away in the Manor. An expectant silence ensues.

...

Myn looks around the empty ballroom 'Really? You would not use this space to have the party? I can't imagine there would be a better space further in.'.

Varaqin takes a good while to imbibe the ambience of the ballroom. At Myn's remark, his head dips in agreement. 'I imagine we shall learn of it.'.
Raelikh seems to agree.

Raelikh roams idly across the room, keeping a mocked proper-postured well-mannered mien broken momentarily by a low chuckle given at Myn's words as he glances over the masks curiously, 'Aye, wonder where Don'll be.'.
You tell Raelikh, OOC 'You see number of masks hung up. Some are in frames, some aren't. One of the frames looks like.. it might have a loose cover..?'

Myn burps loudly.
Myn snorts softly 'He should be welcoming his guests, and moreso, annoucing my arrival.'.

Raelikh looks toward Myn, grinning though he lifts a hand to block its view as a mask might, 'Drunk and he's not even come yet. Tsk.' He pauses, brows knitting as he looks more closely at one of the masks hung on the wall.
You tell Raelikh, OOC 'The frame has four masks within. The cover looks REALLY loose.'

Varaqin takes the time to pace the perimeter of the room, passing from frame to frame. 'Very queer for a party,' he comments.
You tell Varaqin, OOC 'The rest of the masks look fine.'

Raelikh glances momentarily around, making sure Don isn't about to come and see what he's doing, and then lifts it.
CRASHHHHH! Raelikh upsets a frame holding four masks and it throws its lid and frame onto the ground!

Raelikh says 'Wooops.'
Raelikh peers intently about the area.

You drop a blue peacock mask.
You drop a golden eagle mask.
You drop a black raven mask.
You drop a white cat mask.

Myn startles at the crash coming from Raelikh's direction 'My Maid! What did you do?'.
Raelikh exclaims to Myn 'I were just lookin'!'

The four masks look pristine, intact, and maybe even... Inviting?

Raelikh gets a blue peacock mask.
Raelikh drops a blue peacock mask.

"Bad" Raelikh!?

Raelikh hrms, squinting, 'Yep, gonna have to pay for that later.' He rubs at the back of his neck.
Raelikh whistles slightly offkey.

Varaqin lifts a brow at Raelikh. 'Leave it to the warrior to start the action!' he says in a cheerful tone, and approaches. 'These are masks of fine making. Let us be on with this masquerade!'.
Myn grins at Raelikh, 'Waste not, I suppose though, hmm? I don't mind layering a bit.'.
Myn nods her head in agreement with Varaqin.
Raelikh seems to agree.

Myn straps a white cat mask around her head.
You tell Myn 'Something tells you that the masks should all be worn, and worn at all times.'

Varaqin straps a blue peacock mask around his head.

Will Raelikh take a mask as well?

Raelikh grumbles at himself, 'Be bloody more careful, eh.' as he picks up one for himself.
Myn grins at Raelikh.

Raelikh is a super slow typer.
Raelikh straps a black raven mask around his head.

Levine is a slow reader.

As each of you wears a mask, you feel the air shift a little. The closed curtains to the Haze are stirred gently by the breeze.

Varaqin slips the peacock mask on above his other, looking particularly flamboyant.
You tell Varaqin 'Looking through the mask, you notice the black invitation glowing prominently in your possession.'
Varaqin replies to you 'I lift it and again attempt to decipher it.'
You tell Varaqin 'Still nothing.'

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.
The light from the next room pulses in the doorway, drawing you and your party to it.

Raelikh exclaims 'Well, let's be on!'
Myn says with a grin 'Indeed, lets.'

As you walk through the door, you arrive at a luxurious dining hall, where a table is set for over twenty people. There is no one, and the food hasn't been served.


The smells of stew, roasted meat and baked goods waft in from the kitchen.
This large courtyard is tucked in the middle of three buildings, with a large
alleyway leading out to the north west. The most grand of the buildings is a
The cheery music is louder here, along with a man's voice speaking. The sounds seem to come from the parlour.

The lights seem to pulsate at the doorway to the kitchen. Will you enter?

Raelikh leads the way in, halting a few feet past the threshhold to glance about the chamber, then nods, making for the sounds of voices.
You and your party enter the kitchen, by Raelikh's lead. You got no choice! There is no one around.

The air smells good enough to eat, presumably, as do the dishes, which are lined up on the counter, artfully arranged, piping hot, and ready to go.

You tell Raelikh 'This happens gradually but over the course of a few moments - you somehow feel that the food shouldn't be eaten.'

For some inexplicable reason, you see a number of consumables on the counter, unguarded and ready for the taking.

Varaqin glances around for an explanation to the pulsating lights, and for any traces of the staff.
You tell Varaqin, OOC 'You catch a glimpse of a pair of eyes staring right back at you, frightened at your noticing. The child scrambles away into the darkness.'
A tiny figure scrambles away into the darkness at Varaqin's gaze.

You drop a slab of grilled flat iron steak.
You drop a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
You drop a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.

Raelikh stares at the food, half reaching out a hand to claim a snak before he pauses...
Myn makes her way past the food, looking for the wine 'I suppose it is best we help ourselves, if he isn't going to greet us properly.'.

Raelikh nods slightly at himself, then his gaze draws onward toward the voices that drift through (assuming they still do so)

They do still drift through.
You tell Raelikh, OOC 'All you see is the dining hall, back where you came from.'
You close the purple door.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Varaqin folds his hands behind his back, and comments to Myn, 'Perhaps we should seek to assist in the service, since the staff seems to slack.'.

Will your party take the consumables?

Myn gasps audibly from behind her mask at the very suggestion 'ASSIST? I should think not.'.
Raelikh chuckles lowly at Myn and then he says, 'I were thinkin' the same.' to Varaqin.

Myn gets a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.
Raelikh Hmmmms...
Raelikh shrugs.
Raelikh says 'I mean, it looks darn tasty..'
Raelikh gets a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
Raelikh gets a slab of grilled flat iron steak.

Varaqin lets out an amused chuckle, and bends his head. 'Well enough,' he answers. He glances over the offerings with detachment, and does not move to partake.

Seems like there is nothing left here to do. An assortment of little hooded figures come out from nowhere and jostles your party along back to the dining hall, and on to the parlour.

Will Raelikh grab a bottle before being jostled away???
Raelikh nabs all he can!
Raelikh gets a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.
Myn grins at Raelikh.

Raelikh says 'Here we go. Now we'll find that rascal. Sounds like they were just through here.'

A pink inferno burns all of the food to a crisp, leaving the counter pristine.
Raelikh raises an eyebrow.

Myn does the same as Raelikh.

The music keeps going when you enter the parlour, but the man's voice abruptly stops. Like the other rooms, there is no one here.
There's a reading corner, with a bookshelf and bar.
One entire wall is mirrored.

Varaqin turns and gives the figure at his heels a good look, lifting up his hood, and asking as if speaking to a child, 'Pardon our trespassing, but where is our host?'.
The little figure pulls his cloak tighter about him, blurting "I don't know!" and hurrying off!

Myn instantly admires her costume in the mirror.

Raelikh's gaze is drawn first toward the mirrored wall.

The mirror stares back at Lady Myn and Raelikh.

Varaqin raises his brow as he lets the character slip away. 'How curious,' he murmurs, with a pleased expression on his face. Adjusting his mask, he proceeds into the parlour and also casts a glance at the mirror as he passes through. 'Dashing!'.
The mirror receives Varaqin's image warmly.

Raelikh says to the mirror, 'Hey handsome, how you doin'.' Seeing apparently nothing fantastic about the mirror, he steps further in, glancing about, making for the bar. 'Swear I heard someone in here..'.

Myn fusses with her cape before actually looking around at the rest of the room 'I swear there were voices...' she says as she makes her way to the bar.

Raelikh Hmmmms...

You tell Raelikh, OOC 'You realise there's nothing in the bar except empty bottles.'
You tell Myn, OOC 'You realise there's nothing in the bar except empty bottles.'

Raelikh grunts disappointedly.

Varaqin eyes his reflection for a moment, and glances at Myn. 'Do you sense any magic in this, Lady Cimril?'.

You tell Myn 'It does seem like there is magic in it.'

Myn snorts after giving the bar a looking over, and failing to find a glass. She says to Varaqin 'Hmm? No, nothing as of yet at least.'.

You tell Varaqin 'The black invitation glows in your possession.'
Raelikh calls out, 'Oi! Anyone home?'.

Anyone home, anyone home, anyone home? (Just kidding, it doesn't echo.)

Raelikh grins.
Myn's grins wickedly.
Raelikh hrms.
Raelikh looks over his invitation again a moment...

Varaqin approaches the mirror and reaches out to touch it briefly, appraising his visage.

Varaqin replies to you 'I try to read the invitation in the mirror.'

The words on the invitation read with perfect clarity when reflected in the mirror.
Depending on whether the others can see the message from their spots, it reads as follows:
________________________________________
| |
| JABBERWOCKY |
| 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves |
| Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: |
| All mimsy were the borogoves, |
| And the mome raths outgrabe. |
|________________________________________|

Raelikh raises an eyebrow.
Varaqin clicks his mouth as he turns the origami blade around, and murmurs, 'Snicker-snack!'.

Levine just realised that Varaqin didn't.. reflect it.
Raelikh glances between the invitation and the mirror, asking the air, 'Eh?'.
Raelikh Hmmmms...
Myn asks Varaqin '...Snicker...snack?'

OH, nothing, carry on.

Varaqin lifts the dark slip of paper over his shoulder. ''Tis a sound-effect.'.
Raelikh nods to himself and then goes back to looking it over, because Raelikh is actually way to stupid to think of reflecting the invitation and was just looking for clues on the actual parchment like the dumb fighter he is.

Raelikh grins.

Raelikh says 'Hrm.'
Raelikh says 'Well.'
Myn grins at Raelikh.

You tell Varaqin, OOC 'Oh, sorry about that! I completely misunderstood the sneakiness of it.'


End Part 1 of 2, continued below.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am

Re: The Raventhirst Case Files: The Mystery of Viversnare Ma

Postby Levine » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:36 am

Run #4: Myn, Raelikh, Varaqin

Part 2 of 2:

Varaqin turns and makes a mock slicing motion, repeating, 'Snicker-snack, the vorpal blade sings out. 'Tis a poem by a famous bard of the Underdark.'.

Raelikh says to Myn 'Thinking this meat looks real good though...'
Raelikh gazes thoughtfully at Varaqin and says 'Hmmm.'

Myn says to Raelikh 'One would hope...'

Varaqin replies to you, OOC 'Is ok! Habit, but too much sneakiness might spoil the fun anyway.'

Raelikh sniffs it.
You tell Raelikh, OOC 'Smells aight.'
Raelikh eats a slab of grilled flat iron steak.
Raelikh waits to implode...
You tell Raelikh, OOC 'You feel how you feel. It tastes like a standard steak, but that's subjective.'
Raelikh chuckles at Myn.

Myn, having been beside the bar, walks towards Varaqin, 'What poem?'.

Varaqin passes the origami knife to Myn and makes his way toward the bookshelf. 'Tell me what your elven eyes do see, Milady.'.

The bookshelf contains books written in a variety of languages, as Varaqin will find.
One of them in particular says 'Through the Looking Glass'

Myn briefly examines Varaqin's origami knife while he moves off to the bookshelf.
You tell Myn, OOC 'On one side of this invitation seems to be something that is displayed like a poem. The words look to be written by hand, and in a design so archaic that it makes it hard to decipher. It does, also, look like it could be written backwards in some way.'

Varaqin furrows his brow as he spots the book, and glances over his shoulder back at Myn and the black invitation. Looking back, he reaches out and attempts to take the book.
Varaqin is opting for Through the Looking Glass, that is.
[This is an echo.] Varaqin realises that the book is glued down. Sorry.

Raelikh glances around a little guiltily and then, mock-licking his fingers clean, he makes way for the books.

Varaqin clucks his tongue in thought, and eyes the other books in the shelf for any significant titles, as well as tries to shift the adjacent ones to his mark.
You tell Varaqin 'You see no other books titles of note.'
All the books are glued down.

A slim beam of light is strategically directed to the black paper in Myn's hands.

Raelikh asks Myn 'What's that, ma'am?'

Varaqin gives the shelf a curious look. 'A reading corner in appearance only,' he musingly mumbles to himself. Turning around, he comments to the approaching Raelikh. 'Would you care to conduct a similar examination of this mirror as you did with the framed masks?'.
Rustling sounds burst from the shadows at Varaqin's suggestion. "N-no!" someone chirps.

Myn pays more attention to the folded-up knife in her hand, 'Well, I suppose this is likely to be our best clue. I doubt it to be of any magical importance. But there is writing first hard to read, and also some reversed.'.
Myn grins at Varaqin.

Varaqin chuckles softly to himself as he departs the bookshelf to inspect the bar. 'I kid, I kid. Perhaps Lady Cimril will find the path Through the Looking Glass.'.

You tell Myn, OOC 'Whether or not Myn noticed, the words can be reflected and you can see all of the poem from earlier.'
Myn replies to you, OOC '*nod*'

Myn examines the reversed writing, reading it aloud as best possible for everyone to know.
At the last word, the mirror bulges inwards and a large rectangular doorway is peeled from the mirror! The space beyond the doorway is pitch black.

Myn says to Varaqin 'Through? I mean, that may not be so difficult.'
Vadim, Warrior. Well met to you.'.

Raelikh chuckles, 'Aye, not the best idea.' He makes for Myn, peering over her shoulder at the writing.
Raelikh raises an eyebrow.
Raelikh says to Myn 'Well, lookie lookie.'

Will the party go THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS???
Myn says 'Indeed.' she sighs and adds 'I don't know why he is hiding the party so well. Shall we?'.

Raelikh stares toward the space a time, then shrugs, 'No other path, reckon. Aye.' He steps forward.

Myn fills a tall thin glass flute from a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.
You tell Myn, OOC 'The wine is either excellent or not. It's subjective!'
Myn nods at Raelikh.

Varaqin gives Myn a very intrigued look, a broad smile on his features. 'And on we go,' he states, stepping forth with his magical eye glimmering as it adjusts to the darkness.
Myn begins to make her way through the mirror, sipping her found wine.

The doorway closes behind the party (it's just a curtain). It is pitch black.

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from low to high. Three dancing globes of faerie fire are suddenly revealed, overhead.

A familiar crisp voice rings out from the darkness. 'We have arrived at your second stopping point!'

Myn Hmmmms...
Raelikh Hmmmms...

'Send your second and final guess to the Dollmaker now. What do you think happened to everyone at Viversnare Manor?'
OOC: This is also a great time for a mini RL break, if anyone needs one. I need one. I gotta pee.
Raelikh goes to nab some snackages.
Raelikh is now AFK.

Myn tells you 'Well... Don Perignon was actually a wizard, and needed to have the souls of several subjects. He created this pocket-plane to perform his soul-extraction work. Finally having enough victims, he needed to no longer host such parties and went on his way...?'
Myn flashes her dimples. Myn thinks she is as cute as Sune.
Myn is now AFK.
You tell Myn 'Received.'

Raelikh is no longer AFK.
Raelikh Hmmmms...
Raelikh appears to be thinking very deeply.
Varaqin is now AFK.
Varaqin has lost his link.
Raelikh pinches Varaqin.

Raelikh appears to be thinking very deeply.
Raelikh mumbles very quietly to himself amid the mostly darkness, 'Thank gods I never tried out for law enforcement.'.

Varaqin has reconnected.
Varaqin is no longer AFK.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Varaqin thwaps himself for being a moron.
Raelikh appears to be thinking very deeply.

[This is an echo.] Varaqin finds bruises on his arms, if he lifts his sleeves.

Varaqin wonders about his bruises and sore arms.
The void offers no answers.

Raelikh looks at Varaqin innocently.

It feels like the darkness is awaiting answers.

Varaqin tells you 'Thus far it appears that this Masquerade offered a novel thrill in this riddle, and all participants went the same way as we did, into what appears to be another plane.'
You tell Varaqin 'Received.'

Myn peers at Raelikh.

Raelikh tells you 'Gonna stick with my first guess. Done led'em all into a trap to get rid'f'em. Zhentarim bastards. Halled'em off somewhere past'is mirror.'
Raelikh nods.
You tell Raelikh 'Received.'

'Alright, and that makes three! Over to you, Dasiana!'

Three notes are tooted on a flute, from high to low. The three dancing globes of faerie fire dim to a nothingness now.

Raelikh says to Myn 'I'm so bad at investigatin' things.'
Myn giggles.

The lights slowly fade on on the set. The party stands in the dining hall, right at the entrance to the parlour. Everything looks as luxurious as before, just somehow... Darker. Creepier. More shadowy.
A pale, smoky mist wafts through the air, giving the whole place a dreamlike quality.

A faint squeaking alerts you to the presence of nearby rodents.

The void stifles the squeaking of the rodents.
You hear the sound of a little rodent's death cry.

Myn throws back her head and cackles with insane glee!

Sultry jazzy music floats into the dining hall from the parlour, along with the sound of a man speaking.

Raelikh frowns, glancing around slowly, peering into the parlour.

Someone nudges your party into the parlour. The place is filled with many masked people, dressed to the nines.

Something about them seems off. They look like misshapen humanoids. Devil-like, even. Some of them turn around to look at the newcomers, but they eventually return their attention to the speaker, listening with interest.

...

Raelikh murmurs to himself, 'Well now we're talking.' He stands just inside the doorway, pausing to listen to the speaker with the rest.
Varaqin smiles softly as he approaches the parlour. 'Ah, so we join the party at last,' he states.

You catch a glimpse of a naked woman and a naked man on the ground, unconscious and spread-eagled. A beam of light and a netted shadow is cast upon them.

The speaker seems to be giving a lecture on them.
The speaker says 'Well, I guess that wraps it up. I hope that was educational for you.'
The speaker says 'If you're interested to learn more, our anatomy groups are every Sixthday evening.'
The speaker says 'Shall we all move to the dining hall?'

Myn works her way into a group of the humanoids, towards the naked pair. to listen, commenting 'Finally, the party..'.

The speaker glances to the entrance to the dining hall and spies Myn and Varaqin, not noticing Raelikh, along the way.

Myn raises a hand 'What did we miss? It was rather troubling getting here.'.

Varaqin tells you, OOC 'Can I determine whether this is the demiplane of shadow?'
You tell Varaqin, OOC 'We're still in the tavern. This is a stage set.'
Varaqin replies to you, OOC 'Oh. I knew that. I wasn't getting carried away.'
You tell Varaqin, OOC 'Immersive. Was that an IC question, then?'
Varaqin replies to you, OOC 'Oh yeah, I suppose I'm not playing DnD, my character is. Yes!'
You tell Varaqin 'It certainly seems a shadowy place.'

The speaker says 'Only the best parts! I was teaching some anatomy here. Ah, but you must not miss the dinner! Could you get Don Perignon from the kitchen and tell him the guests are waiting?'

Myn nods, taking the opportunity to look closer at the pair on the ground.
You tell Myn, OOC 'You see that they're just mannequins.'

The subjects for study are lifted and carted off to another room by some masked guests.

Varaqin gives the unconscious pair a brief glance. 'Will they be joining us further?'.
One of the guests looks at Varaqin and freezes a bit. The guest carries on awkwardly with no answer.

Myn gives a soft snort as they are taken away. She moves away from the group she previously joined to speak quietly to Varaqin 'They were not actual people..'.

A light pulses encouragingly from the kitchen's doorway in the distance, past the dining hall.

Myn then proceeds on towards the kitchen.
Raelikh rolls his shoulders slowly, following behind Myn.
Varaqin arches a brow at Myn. 'Oh,' he murmurs in disappointment, as he goes along.

The doorway's frame wobbles a little as Raelikh passes.

Raelikh says 'Aye, aye.'

Varaqin tells you 'Are there twenty or more guests present?'
You tell Varaqin 'You can count them for yourself as you pass the dining hall.'
You tell Varaqin, OOC 'You count nineteen guests.'

You arrive in Don Perignon's kitchen.

Raelikh peers at the frame as if it could know the difference.

A dreamy sigh escapes from the shadows as Raelikh peers at the doorframe.

Raelikh stares at the sky.

The kitchen is in working in full swing. There are racks and racks of meat undoubtedly, demihuman meat. A torso there, a leg here, an arm there.

The cooks, too, are masked, and are cooking the demihuman guests that Don Perignon invited to the party and serving it to his real party guests... devils!

Varaqin glances back at Raelikh. 'How is your digestion?' he quips under his breath.
Raelikh says to Varaqin 'Oh gods...'

You tell Raelikh 'The taste of beef? Pork? Stays in your breath.'

Only one person is of note here.
Don Perignon (actually Dasiana, sharply dressed as a man, with a pencil moustache drawn over her upper lip) minds the food preparation here.
Don Perignon looks up at you and your company, looking a bit surprised.

Raelikh chortles with glee.

Dasiana asks 'Yes? Is it time for the feast?'

Varaqin inclines his head in acknowledgment. 'So spake the speaker.'.
Raelikh nods at Dasiana.
Myn smiles to Dasiana, 'Of course, your guests are waiting.' she peeks around Dasiana and asks 'What are we to be having?'.

Raelikh says to Dasiana 'Smells right delicious.'

Dasiana gives a overly pleasant smile, a practised one. She fake-twirls her fake moustache. 'Only the best, of course! We stuffed them with appetisers and now they're all roasted and fit for consumption.'.
Dasiana says 'We filled them with the best wines, too. Live marination.'
Dasiana exclaims 'Fine idea, isn't it? Instead of us doing it ourselves, leave the hard labour to the lazy aristocrats! It's the least they can do!'
Dasiana nods. 'We made some stew too...' She looks around thoughtfully, visually searching for the stew in question. She nods at the pot when she finds it, satisfied with herself. 'All very delectable business.'.

Varaqin gives Dasiana an intrigued look. 'A marvellous concept,' he commends. 'I suppose your guests will be most pleased with you now.'.

Myn glances down at her own glass of wine, scrunching her nose behind her mask. She says to Dasiana 'Very smart indeed, Don Perignon. Are you not worried, however, that someone may look after them and stumble upon this place?'.
Dasiana grins at Myn, 'Well, they have their homes and promised me a home beyond the pearly gates after this party. This was a farewell party, of sorts.'.

Raelikh can't help but gag a little despite Dasiana's acting before he asks, 'Yes, yes... You're real efficient...' He glances toward Myn, nodding in agreement.
Varaqin folds his hands before him. 'The ultimate reward is nigh, I believe,' he comments aside to Myn.

Dasiana says 'Well, we really shouldn't keep everyone waiting. Please, go and take a seat first. I will open the feast in the dining hall shortly.'
A faint squeaking alerts you to the presence of nearby rodents.

Myn nods to Raelikh and Varaqin, saying afterwards to Dasiana 'Oh yes, of course. Might as well leave this place in style.' She says to Raelikh and Varaqin 'Who's hungry?'.
Varaqin gives the kitchen an appreciative look over. 'Pearly Gates of the Nines,' he comments with a smile. 'I could die for a bite.'.
Myn grins at Varaqin.

You can see beyond the doorway - everyone is trickling into the dining hall and seating themselves at the long table, set for twenty one people. If you're lucky, you could take a seat before the others do.

Raelikh dips his head briefly at Dasiana and then turns back, saying, 'Can't wait.'.
Varaqin glances at Raelikh and Myn. 'Shall we take this ride to the bitter end?'.
Myn says quietly to Varaqin and Raelikh 'Else, make another visit to the mirror. I'd love.. umm... make sure my mask is on right?'.
Varaqin steps forth towards the table, finding a still-free spot. 'Come, come. Let us partake!'.
[This is an echo.] Varaqin manages to steal a seat from a particularly scrawny and young-teenager-sized masked devil. The devil looks quite confused.

Raelikh says to Myn 'Nah, food first! Let's.. see what's to come.'
Raelikh stretches luxuriously. Makes you want to, doesn't it?
Myn follows Varaqin, attempting to secure a place near to him.
Lady Myn manages to get a seat with little trouble. The rest of the party, along with another misplaced devil is left standing somewhat awkwardly.

Raelikh seated himself also.
Another devil looks obviously displaced from Raelikh's move, looking at Dasiana helplessly.

Varaqin comments quietly to Myn, 'Keep the invitation handy. I count nineteen guests besides us.'.

You hear some soft scribblings from the corner of the tavern.

Myn looks about innocently.
Dasiana walks into the dining hall and takes her place at the head of the feast table.

Dasiana exclaims 'All you clever devils, welcome to my grand masquerade at Viversnare Manor!'

Raelikh cheers for Dasiana.

Dasiana walks over to each door and latches them for good measure.
Dasiana looks from person to person, studying them and twitching her nose, her pencil moustache wiggling. She fake-twirls it. 'I see all of you are dressed in your most impressive masks! I thank you.' Her gaze stops at the few people left standing curiously. 'What's wrong there?'.

Myn says at one of the devils next to her, snarling in infernal 'Thjs ome jun't rtpoordf tm be jcre. Unok thas qnf's seat.' she indicates Raelikh as the proper owner of the seat.

The little devil looks more shocked by the sudden infernal, tumbling out of the seat hastily.

Myn smiles sweetly behind her mask towards Raelikh 'The seat is all yours.'.

Varaqin smiles and folds his hands upon the table. 'It seems some little devils have snuck in and have no seats.'.

Raelikh stares blankly at Myn a moment before looking toward the devil, nodding, and taking the spot, 'My thanks.' he tells Myn, then Dasiana, 'Got more than you thought, might be.'.
Myn grins, 'I spoke to soon about being happy in my seat.' She nods to Dasiana before moving to stand beside Raelikh.

Dasiana mumbles to herself. 'I was very clear that no plus ones were allowed...'.
Dasiana says 'Either way, we will get some extra seats promptly. Tonight, we dine to commemorate the third year we are organising the annual devil's feast! This year, we are serving only the best, as you know.'
Dasiana exclaims 'It is also my last feast. Awaiting the house beyond the pearly gates!'
Dasiana winks at a devil. 'Benjiiiii, my man!'.

Varaqin lifts a hand and waves dismissively at Dasiana, 'Yes, let all dine!' he encourages.

Dasiana exclaims 'Without further ado, let us all remove our masks and begin the feast!'
Everyone removes their mask, revealing their fiendish visages.

Raelikh glances at Myn.
Raelikh glances at Varaqin.

A rotund fiend looks like he might be having makeup issues and is rubbing his eye a lot.

Myn also glances between Raelikh and Varaqin, leaving her own mask in place.

Varaqin stops using a blue peacock mask.
Varaqin cheerfully removes his mask, still wearing his other mask beneath it, and looking generally quite different.

Dasiana stares at your party, hands going on her hips in a Dasiana manner, if the NPC had cultivated mannerisms at all. 'Well what's wrong now?'.

Myn says to Dasiana 'I had issues getting my mask to stay secured... It will take me a bit of work to see it removed. I really should see to that, so that I can partake in the feast..'.

Varaqin looks at Myn and Raelikh in disbelief. 'Good fiends, let us feast!'.

Raelikh eyes Myn a moment on, not blinking, before he eventually removes his own and tells Dasiana, 'Oh, nothin', nothin'. Food looks great, Don.'.

Raelikh stops using a black raven mask.
Myn looks to Dasiana as Raelikh removes his mask.
Raelikh also eyes Dasiana expectantly.
Raelikh looks at Raelikh.

A particularly small devil sits with his feet dangling a distance off the floor. He squeaks in a broken voice from his place next to Raelikh. 'I don't think they're one of us!'
The crowd rustles.

Raelikh grumbles very quietly, 'Ho boy.'.

Dasiana gives a dramatic pause, then suddenly flings her arms out wildly! 'SECURITY!'.

Quite suddenly, a powerful beam of light blasts from a corner overhead, along with a generous amount of large gold confetti pieces fluttering over you!
It resides, projecting a netted pattern over your party! You are trapped!
Fake trapped!

Myn groans, saying to Dasiana 'I am certainly one of you! You need not do... whatever it is that this is!'.
Raelikh struggles, growling, 'Yep.. ho boy.' He eyes Dasiana, 'Hey, hey, wait. Don't know what that devil's sayin'. I'm clearly too deformed to be anythin' but a devil.'.

Dasiana fake-twirls the end of her fake moustache sinisterly. 'Ha-ha! You can't fool me! I saw all of you together!' she laughs. She looks like she's considering Raelikh's appeal. 'Oh, sorry.'.
The netted shadow fake-releases Raelikh.

Myn points at Raelikh growling in infernal again 'Jd's vhe moe whq itn'r a bgvin!'.
Myn sticks her tongue out at Raelikh.

Varaqin picks some confetti off of his plate. 'What manner of host are you?' he grumbles, producing his invitation. 'You've sent me this, yet you treat me in this crass manner? You had best begin to rethink those pearly gates lest you release me.'.
Raelikh dusts himself off, nodding apparently satisfied at Dasiana, 'Aye. Let's just all get back to the feast, aye? Don't want to ruin your big day.'.

Dasiana resumes as though nothing happened, giving Myn's words extra attention, her face uncomprehending. '....Yes! You're right!' She stares at Varaqin. 'No, I can't believe more than one person, it's against the script.' She smooths down her clothes, waving her arms slowly and extravagantly. 'How will you ever escape now!? My, my, what a fine dinner you will make! Or.. Shall I make you an offer you can't refuse?'.
A nearby devil slams an over-bloodied human head on the dining table for effect.
The devils squeal with glee.

You tell Varaqin 'You see the black origami knife glow in your possession.'

Varaqin wrinkles his nose at the display and brandishes the invitation. 'You are the one receiving offers, Don Perignon. Do not forget your place,' he states sternly.

Varaqin wields a black origami knife in his right hand.

Raelikh sits himself back down mock-indignantly, but is careful to say nothing further for the moment, watching between Dasiana and the other two.

Varaqin extends his arm to Myn and Raelikh. 'This is my mistress, and our love-child, come to visit you from the Fifth Layer.'.

Varaqin gets a hookah of patterned porcelain from a spidersilk haversack.
Dasiana squints at Varaqin. 'Well, but you are quite trapped!' She eyes Varaqin. 'Wait a minute.. You look very familiar.' Her gaze settles on Varaqin's deerstalker cap. 'You're not from the Fifth Layer! You're the filthy sage Sherlock Holmes!'.

Varaqin stops using a tweed deerstalker cap.
Varaqin dons a sugegasa shaped from a giant mushroom cap upon his head.

Dasiana gasps as the sugegasa goes on.

Varaqin frowns at Dasiana. 'I am the Shroom Devil of the Fifth, masquerading as Holmes for your party!'.

Myn says to Dasiana 'He clearly killed and stole the sages identity for the feast.'.

Dasiana claps her hands. 'Impressive! You sure looked like him. But the question stands. Deal, or no deal?'.

Myn says softly to Dasiana '...I like deals...'.
Myn looks at Dasiana with a cute smile.

Dasiana looks between the sugegasa and the deerstalker cap. 'Wow, you look -really- different with different headgear.'.
Raelikh coughs loudly.
Varaqin snorts indignantly at Dasiana and glances tenderly at Myn and Raelikh. 'What say you, my darlings?'.

Dasiana says 'Team decision, folks.'
Raelikh says to Varaqin 'A deal couldn't hurt much, paw.'

Will the party DEAL?? Or NO DEAL??

Myn repeats in the same tone to Varaqin '...I like deals...'.

Raelikh seems to agree.
Dasiana claps her hands. 'Great! This is going to be a win-win, I just know it!' She fake-twirls her fake moustache again in an actor's tick.

Varaqin bobs his head in acknowledgment. 'We deal with the Devil, then,' he answers in the same low tone.

Dasiana says 'I have a secret. It is very, very valuable, and the wielder of this secret can get anything they want.'

The onlooking cooks/devils rustle uncomfortably, whispers of incredulity making their rounds.

Dasiana says 'In exchange for your silence, I'll give each of you this secret.'
casually.

Dasiana says 'But only if you can beat me in this game.'

Dasiana glances at the net, motioning at it. 'I guess this can't stay on you forever, right?'.

Levine steps into the parlour from the grand hall, intruding on the scene. A faint glint of amusement takes in her dark eyes. Her lips part to speak quiet words. 'You have chosen to make a deal with Don Perignon. Your success or failure will be determined by this game.'.

You drop a scrap of sailcloth.

Levine holds the material out, spreading it wide and moving between Dasiana and the party. 'Best of three. Who will represent your party? Please put your hand under here for a game of stone, parchment, dagger. I will play on behalf of Don Perignon.'.

Raelikh looks to Myn, 'You were always the lucky one, maw.' he remarks wryly.
Myn narrows her gaze menacingly at Raelikh 'Mind your tongue...'.
Raelikh whistles slightly offkey.
Myn says to Raelikh 'This is clearly a game of strategy and guile, not.... luck...'
Raelikh says to Myn 'Right! You were always the smart one, too.'
Raelikh seems to agree.
Varaqin leans back comfortably in his chair, giving Raelikh a lopsided smile.
Myn says with a grin 'That much is true'
Raelikh winks at Myn.
Myn nods at you.
Varaqin looks at Myn, the same smile lingering on his pale visage. 'Do you wish to do the honors, Lady Cimril?'.
Myn says to Varaqin 'I'll out-think this devil, sure.'
Varaqin thinks these themes are quite wild.

Levine lays the sailcloth over Myn's hand and covers her own hand with it.
A square of cloth set out for one to play dagger, parchment, stone upon.
OOC: Drop a single sailcloth on the ground, then each player sets their
chosen handsign. Reveal the hand-signs once both are set. Dagger trumps
parchment, parchment trumps stone, stone trumps dagger.
.signset1 <dagger/parchment/stone>
.signset2 <dagger/parchment/stone>
.signsreveal.

Myn peers at you.

AAAAAND it's the battle of the ages!

OOC: Your party will take signset1.

Varaqin murmurs under his breath, 'Choose wisely... Choose fire.'.

You set your hand-sign as parchment.
Myn readies a hand-sign.
Myn looks at you with a cute smile.

Levine makes a sign under the cloth, dipping her chin gently towards Myn with a polite smile. 'Ready?'.

Who will win??

Myn says with a grin 'I am.'

Will the host be able to commentate and play at the same time???
with your guesses during these stopping points.'
We'll find out!

Myn's grins wickedly.

You exclaim 'Stone, parchment, dagger!'

Myn throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Raelikh grins.
Myn looks smug at the reveal 'Of course...'.

Levine blinks once, lips twitching gently in mild disapproval. 'Ah. In her own establishment, of course,' she echoes.

You say to Myn 'Your party wins a point.'

Myn nods at you.

Shocking results! Two more rounds to go!

Myn says 'Soon to be two..'

Raelikh claps at Myn's performance.

Levine replaces the cloth over her hand and Myn's own, her competitive streak showing through her quiet demeanour.

Myn peers at you.

Levine watches her hand under the cloth. She makes a sign resolutely, looking back up at Myn evenly to meet Myn's gaze.

You set your hand-sign as parchment.
Myn readies a hand-sign.
Myn looks at you and flutters her eyelashes.

What will Lady Myn choose!? What passed between the stares?
Is there a conspiracy? Will Lady Myn betray her party?
More importantly, is the host grasping at straws!?
Varaqin arches a brow at the narrator, wondering.

Myn throws out the hand-sign for dagger!
Levine throws up the hand-sign for parchment!

Boom.

Myn throws back her head and cackles with insane glee!
Raelikh cheers for Myn.

Levine pulls the cloth away, emitting a soft snort but composing herself smoothly.

Dasiana exclaims 'You win The Secret! But you see, that is the reward for helping the one, the only, merchant of all merchants, Don Perignon!!!'
Dasiana says 'If you ever want to visit us in the Hells, you'll find us easily at-'
The lights go out conveniently.

Varaqin wipes at his brow, sighing in relief. 'Hell is always so intense...'.
Myn gasps.
Raelikh grins.

In the familiar darkness, you feel the air shift all around you.

Raelikh asks 'Noooooo. At wheeeere?'

One by one, the dancing globes of faerie fire in the iron holders come back on.

Raelikh peers intently about the area.

The purple curtains to the windows along the length of the tavern are pulled open one by one, allowing the light from the outside back in.

The Purple Haze is open again.

Myn, leaning forward as she listens to Dasiana, asks 'Where were they to be found?'.

Dasiana stands behind the bar counter, finishing up the polishing of a glass. 'Welcome back to the Purple Haze. On behalf of the establishment, The Eels, and the Dollmaker Lady Ro'nula herself, I extend to you our thanks for your time, and a little souvenir, as a gesture of our appreciation.' She waves at the four dolls of a familiar figure being laid out by some small masked and hooded figures on the counter.

You drop a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Dasiana smiles innocently at Myn. 'We can work it out later,' she says conspiratorially.
Myn looks at Dasiana with a wicked grin.


with a bit of salt.

You put a scrap of sailcloth in a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Dasiana says 'And, The Secret you won from dealing with Don Perignon.'

You drop a book: The Secret.

Myn snatches up a book and doll 'Ohhhh'.
Myn gets a book: The Secret.
Myn gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Varaqin drops a black origami knife.
Varaqin drops a blue peacock mask.
Varaqin drops a fragile sheet of white parchment.
Varaqin drops a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Varaqin drops a tweed deerstalker cap.

Varaqin gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.

Levine stands up from her seat in the corner of the tavern (maybe she was there this entire time), rolling up her sheets of parchment and nodding at the party and Dasiana, approaching as she stashes her stationery away. 'And so, that was The Supposed Mystery of Viversnare Manor,' she concludes, lifting her brows gently. 'They say, when you enter Oparil's Tower, you can still smell the aroma of meat roasting, or hear the sultry jazz playing in the dead of the night.'.

You say 'Just in case you didn't notice, Oparil's Tower is just northeasterly of this city.'

Levine glances to Varaqin, tilting her head to the side slightly. 'They are yours to keep.'.

Varaqin gets a tweed trenchcoat with a half-cape.
Varaqin gets a tweed deerstalker cap.

Raelikh waits for Myn and Varaqin to take theirs first, telling Dasiana and you, 'That were right fantastic'n made me regret not comin' sooner. Well done!'.
Levine inclines her head politely to Raelikh. 'Ah, your words are kind.'.

Raelikh gets a book: The Secret.
Raelikh gets a hand puppet of Don Perignon.
Raelikh wears a hand puppet of Don Perignon on his hands.

Varaqin cants his head to you. 'I thought they might be for future contestants.'.

You say 'Before we part ways, however, there is but one thing left to wrap up. Earlier, you had two opportunities to guess the reason for the disappearance of everyone at the Masquerade.'

Myn says to Dasiana, but moreso you 'Yes, indeed. That was very, VERY interesting.'.

You say 'In the first round, and I'll simply quote the guesses word for word, for efficiency, this was Lady Myn's guess.'
Raelikh nods his head in agreement with you.

You say 'Don clearly angered his employees, who poisoned and then took Don and his properly aristocratic guests elsewhere to dispose of them.'
Myn flashes her dimples. Myn thinks she is as cute as Sune.

You say 'Brother Vadim here made a guess as well.'
You say 'It appears that those who came for pleasure was the business of those who came for business, and that business was dark daggers and eldritch ritual.'
Myn nods her head in agreement with Varaqin.

You say 'And finally, Raelikh here had this own guess.'
You say 'Don invited everyone there ta have some'f his Zhentarim buddies kidnap all his secret enemies. Prolly still down'n the dungeons eh.'
Levine imitated the accent expertly.

Raelikh chortles with glee.
Myn claps at your performance.

Varaqin leans back in his chair, brow lifted in intrigue as he listens. 'Bravo, Lady Cimril.'.

You say 'Looking at the answers, Brother Vadim had hit the nail right on the head, though the dark ritual was not specified.'
You say 'Lady Myn's guess was close, as well, though the food was not poison, and more Winterfest stuffings, instead.'
You say 'And disposed of the guests in their bellies, of course.'

Myn nods her head in agreement with you.
Raelikh seems to agree.
Myn says 'I didn't suspect at all extra-planar...'
Varaqin cants his head in acknowledgment, adding to Myn's comment, 'Extra-planar devils.'.

You say 'I'm afraid Raelikh's guess was further-off.'

Raelikh says to you 'I'm horrible at this stuff, it's no secret'
Raelikh seems to agree.
Myn nods her head in agreement with Varaqin.
Raelikh grins.

Levine nods gently towards Varaqin. 'That visit our lands for the annual feast. But, let us see the second round of guesses.'.

Raelikh eats a crusty bun filled with chopped meat stew.
You ask Raelikh 'Starving? How does that taste?'
Raelikh says to you 'Delicious in fact.'

You say 'Lady Myn's guess, first.'
You ask 'Well... Don Perignon was actually a wizard, and needed to have the souls of several subjects. He created this pocket-plane to perform his soul-extraction work. Finally having enough victims, he needed to no longer host such parties and went on his way...?'

Myn says with a grin 'Nailed it.'

You say 'Brother Vadim's guess:'
You say 'Thus far it appears that this Masquerade offered a novel thrill in this riddle, and all participants went the same way as we did, into what appears to be another plane.'
You say 'Close enough, but not quite.'
Varaqin sighs softly in disappointment. 'Lacking in detail.'.

You say 'And finally, Raelikh seems to have a problem with the Zhentarim.'

Raelikh says to you 'Oi! They're no good filthy muckin'... er.'
Myn states very matter-of-factly to Raelikh 'The Zhentarim are a good force in this world. They wouldn't just do something like that.'.
Raelikh coughs loudly.
Raelikh says 'Rightright.'
Levine nods convincingly at Raelikh.
Myn shiftyeyes.
Levine shiftyeyes back.

Raelikh drinks blood from a vial.
Raelikh gets a blank look on his face.
Myn gasps at Raelikh.
Raelikh says 'Godsfeckinmotherlovingdammit'
Raelikh mutters.
Myn throws back her head and cackles with insane glee!
Raelikh stops using a vial containing the blood of Tempus.
Raelikh Hmmmms...
You stare at Raelikh.
Raelikh puts a vial containing the blood of Tempus in a black silk bag.
Raelikh mutters.
Raelikh drinks wine from a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.
Raelikh drinks wine from a ceramic bottle of Hrosskell's Red.

You exclaim 'It seems clear that, I can pronounce and enunciate Lady Myn Cimril as the winner of The Mystery!'

Raelikh cheers for Myn.

Myn blinks.
Myn says with a grin 'I mean... of course.'
Myn cheers herself on.

You say to Myn 'You have won for yourself..'

Levine takes out a box from a box.
You get a model dollhouse of Viversnare Manor from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.
You give a model dollhouse of Viversnare Manor to Myn.

When you look inside, you see:
a model dollhouse of Viversnare Manor contains:
Nothing.
It can be picked up, worn on the body, worn on the arms, worn on the belt.
It fits loosely over things.
It is medium in size and would fit a humanoid.
It is made of leather and weighs about 2 pounds.

Raelikh says 'Oooh.'
Myn says with a smile 'Awwww!'
Varaqin claps his hands together calmly, smiling at Myn. 'Well played, well played.'.
Myn quickly places Don inside his dining room, with his secret.

Myn puts a hand puppet of Don Perignon in a model dollhouse of Viversnare Manor.

Raelikh grins at Myn.
Myn puts a book: The Secret in a model dollhouse of Viversnare Manor.

A young painter darts out from nowhere, really, and poses charcoal on parchment, staring at the award ceremony
The painter sketches... Okay, I didn't think this through.
Myn strikes a pokes for the painter.
The painter sketches the poke. What does it look like?
Myn strikes a pose for the painter.
Myn looks about innocently.
The painter sketches the pose. What does it look like?

Raelikh smirks.
Myn is totally not wearing the mask, and holding her dollhouse and Don up like a trophy, BEAMING proudly.
Myn stops using a white cat mask.

The painter sketches it and darts off.

You say 'If you wished to discuss the other possible outcomes, or any clues you may have spotted during The Mystery, I will remain here for some time to entertain.'

Raelikh says to Myn 'That'll make a fine one for over the mantle, aye'

Levine turns slightly, lifting the origami knife. 'No keepers?' she queries. 'If used in the right way, could deliver a solid papercut.'.

Varaqin helps himself to a dish of mushrooms, seeming most pleased with the serving. 'My thanks,' he says to you. 'This has indeed been a most relishable display.'.
Varaqin gets a black origami knife.

Thank you for participating in THE MYSTERY! We hope it was enjoyable for you. Please do help us by sending any feedback you have so we can improve on future RPs like this.

Myn says to Raelikh 'Everyone's mantle, it needs to be distributed properly for the good of the realms.'.
Raelikh chortles loudly at Myn.
Raelikh seems to agree.

You say 'You have attended the final run of The Mystery. Thank you for your contributions.'
Myn holds her invite close 'I am adding this to the library upstairs.'.

Raelikh says 'Best souvenirs ever, aye.'
Levine stares between the invite and Myn for a moment. She nods. 'A fine choice,' she says clinically.

Varaqin says, OOC, 'https://youtu.be/LkJAYbfVjFo?t=53'

You say 'There was an eagle mask, you may be curious about.'
You get a golden eagle mask from a duskwood strongbox with a prominent lock.

Myn looks at Varaqin with a wicked grin.
Myn raises an eyebrow at you.
Raelikh asks you 'Aye?'

You say 'Feel free to discuss what your masks did, since everyone had a different ability.'
Raelikh blinks at you in disbelief.
Myn asks 'What was mine!?'
Raelikh asks you 'They did?'
Raelikh chortles with glee.
You stare at Raelikh.
Myn giggles.
You say 'Lady Myn's one.. Oh lord.'
You ask Myn 'Did I forget?'
Myn giggles at you.
Raelikh exclaims to you 'I'm a giant dumbhead!'
You say to Myn 'All masks should be worn, at all times.'
You ask Myn '...Did I miss that out?'
Myn nods, 'I do recall that.'.
Varaqin lifts his brow in intrigue. 'Mine showed a glowing outline of the knife invitation.'.
Phew! That was too close for words...
You nod at him.
You say 'Raelikh's was a feeling that he shouldn't eat the food.'
You say 'Of course, that would have been subjective.'
Raelikh says 'Oh that's where that came frooom'
Myn grins at Raelikh.
You say 'And I wonder, now, in hindsight, if I should have given a heavier hint when he consumed the food.'
Raelikh puts a small strand of water gems in a concealed pocket.
You say 'Regardless, that was the first thing.'
Raelikh says to you 'Were nummy'
Raelikh smirks.

Myn exclaims to Raelikh 'Just stuffing, I'm sure it would have been!'
Raelikh nods at you.
You say to Myn 'Ah, no, his was the real deal.'
You say 'Props, but the real deal.'

Varaqin gives Raelikh a compassionate little smile. 'Consider it a rule of thumb not to eat inexplicably prepared foodstuffs in empty, mysterious mansions.'.
Raelikh says to Varaqin 'I like livin' on the eeeedge.'

You ask 'The black invitation - you have noticed that there were two types of invitations?'
Myn says to you 'The hearts and knives.'

You nod.

You say 'Hearts were invitations for demihumans.'
You say 'Knives were invitations for the devils, for them to know to go through the mirror.'
Myn nods to you 'I suspected such at the table.'.
Raelikh says to you 'Aha..'
You say to Raelikh 'They were very vague.'
Varaqin dips his head to you. 'Such was my suspicion upon the first stop.'.

Myn says with a grin 'What was the door-quiver?'
You say 'Probably one of the Eels took a fancy to Raelikh.'
A muffled shriek sounds from behind the bar counter.
Myn exclaims to Raelikh 'Awwwwwww~’
Raelikh says 'Thaaat's not disturbin' at all.'
Raelikh whistles slightly offkey.
You say to Raelikh 'I will inform Captain Saevitia to manage her personnel.'
Raelikh nods his head in agreement with you.
You say to Raelikh 'She will be dealt with.'
You nod.
Myn grins at you.
You say 'What else..'
Raelikh says to you 'Wait, wait..'
You say to Raelikh 'Not to worry.'
Raelikh says to you 'Not like.. 'dealt with' dealt with'
You say to Raelikh 'Captain Saevitia will manage it.'
Raelikh sighs loudly.
Raelikh says 'Ah well.'
You ask Raelikh 'You want to marry her?'
A few gasps sound from behind the counter.
Raelikh stares at the sky.
Myn grins at Raelikh.
Raelikh says 'Probably wayy too young.'
Raelikh nods.
Choked sobs.
Raelikh stares at the sky.
Raelikh says to himself 'They'll be fine.'
Raelikh nods.

You say 'When your party was restrained by the shadow net. The knife glowed in Brother Vadim's possession.'
Raelikh asks 'Aye?'
You say 'He could have used the knife to slash at the nets, releasing you all.'
Myn glares at Varaqin.
You say to Raelikh 'Though, you were released, thanks to your appearance.'
You say 'Much thanks.'
Varaqin bends his head in affirmation. 'I prefer diplomacy,' he states. 'Violence is easy.'.
Myn sticks her tongue out at Raelikh 'You look like a deeeeeevil...'.
Raelikh says to you 'Bein' a hideous monster had ta pay off one day'n my life.'
Raelikh says to Varaqin 'Violence is always the answer'
Raelikh wiggles his eyebrows toward Varaqin.
Raelikh Hmmmms...

FIN


End Part 2 of 2.
Must I kill them
To make them lie still
Levine
Sword Master
Sword Master
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:31 am


Return to Stories from the Forgotten Kingdoms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron