Players sharing the same IP address, please contact me

For the discussion of general topics about the game.
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Players sharing the same IP address, please contact me

Post by Kelemvor » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 pm

See 'Help Players logging in from the same IP' for more information

As part of the complaints team round up we would like to update our records regarding those accounts whose players share the same IP address.

That is ; two or more computers from the same campus, apartment block or home using the same router and therefore the same IP address.

Could I ask you to PM me with the following details

All Account names sharing the IP
The IP address if you are aware of it
Mechanics of the set-up (is it a router at home, a campus building etc )
Brief detail regarding the circumstances (siblings, partners, flatmates, buddies, squaddies etc)

DO NOT POST YOUR INFORMATION HERE

For those of you who have provided this information in the past, apologies for asking for it again, but this is the best way to ensure our records are correct and up to date.

many thanks
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.
Mariela
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Players sharing the same IP address, please contact me

Post by Mariela » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:01 am

Kelemvor,
I do not know if I am sharing an IP address with anyone anymore. I know at one point it was problem, but I think I've even switched IP address from what my account is normally associated with. I -might- end up on the same IP address with another player if we are playing from the same address but we are on separate computers. (The original problem with my account was that I was sharing the same IP number thanks to a wireless connection with our apartment complex. I am not 100% certain if the other wireless connection I use does the same thing.)
Confusion heard his voice, and wild uproar Stood ruled, stood vast infinitude confined;
Till at his second bidding darkness fled, Light shone, and order from disorder sprung.
--John Milton
Kelemvor
Sword Grand Master
Sword Grand Master

Re: Players sharing the same IP address, please contact me

Post by Kelemvor » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 pm

I'll make a note for the future as this is something that is not uncommon - entire apartment blocks using the same router service.

If anyone else thinks they might be in a similar situation, feel free to drop me a line jsut so it is on record.
...never send to know for whom the bell tolls,
it tolls for thee.